Particle Emitter - easy making particle effects in MV!

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would this work in battles, or could there possibly be a future implementation? This is amazing as it is, but particles in a battle would be amazing.

Tsukimi-neko

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ImaginaryVillain
Hello, thanks for using the plugin!
About porting this plugin into RMMZ ... I've being considering that since RMMZ uses Effekseer (a real particle system) for animation, and have more powerful settings like fading, curved path, etc. , this plugin could almost been replaced by that default animation system.
So the motivation will be a little bit low for porting into RMMZ, but I strongly recommend you to test Effeksser out! It may be your best choice.

@Nectar
Battle/Battle system is always my weakness, including coding and playing... I have never done a game with real battling.
Currently I'm trying to make a game with battle inside, and I'll slowly touch how the battle system works in RMMV/RMMZ, but it will take me a long time to do it. So sorry, I may not done this thing in short. (however, once I've done it, I'll let you know)

By the way, RMMZ has a particle system for animation, maybe you can try it!

ImaginaryVillain

One With The Particle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah you see, as the video in my signature shows I really did the vast majority of my game's graphics in PIXI particles.... Basically everything besides the main character and some of the enemies. Perhaps you'll find it cool to see your plugin used like that. :LZSwink:

As for Effekseer(at least in MZ implementation) my personal testing (using the trial) and research, has shown it operates poorly, and is severely restricted in where you can use it. I admit I could look into making a plugin for Effekseer.... But I'm already looking at having to port 8+ plugins personally to make MZ even able to play my game so er.... It will probably be a bit. Though I'll likely just stay with MV and actually build my game instead. :LZSwink:

For what it's worth, your plugin appears to work on MZ as long as only function calls are used. Obviously MZ breaks any plugin commands. I couldn't see any particular memory holes. Though the reliability of that report is pretty questionable as I was testing other stuff at the time as well.

Anyway, I was mostly just hoping you'd one day port it. As I was saying it's one of the plugins that would convince me to switch. But it's cool if you don't, I'm probably not even able to switch my game to MZ for six months to a year anyway. Honestly I'm just thankful you made it in the first place, and surprised how completely underrated this plugin is.:kaoback:

Tsukimi-neko

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ImaginaryVillain
Wow, I've seen your intro of your game, and that is fantastic and cool!
I haven't think of particles can do so many thing (but besides the particles, the art style is also mysterious and beautiful)
I think this is a good reason for me to port particle emitter to MZ. If you could give me some time, I may do it in September (or October?). Thanks for using my plugin!

ImaginaryVillain

One With The Particle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! That's some pretty high praise. :kaopride:

Yeah I'm very proficient with art via layers, so once I discovered I could throw particles in... It was like a whole new art world! So I've been building all manner of things with them. I about shed a tear when I saw how absolutely beautiful the water looks in it.

Thanks again for making this plugin, and don't worry about how long it takes to port it. I'm patient, and this is well worth the wait. Till then I'm just going to spread the word and point as many people to it as possible. :LZSexcite:

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This actually works for states and what not which is amazeballs! Could you fix an issue where if an actor or enemy dies with a particle emitter state, the particles freeze instead of fading away.

Last edited:

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'd second the request for an MZ port, your plugin is amazing!

ImaginaryVillain

One With The Particle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've encountered an interesting if odd potential error with this. If two particle emitters are too close to each other and on the same layer, then they will continuously blink as they try to appear in front of each other.

To deal with this problem so far, I've just been randomly splitting them up across 100 layers. Since I use over 100 of them a map. Though if the emitter has a built in away to decide which emitter had Z layer priority that would be amazing. :LZSexcite:

Magusalfador

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
Question, When I remove a particle effect with "stopPEmitter" or "deletePEmitter" It deletes the emitter but when i go to another map and I go back, The particle is on back again...im a bit confused.

How can I kill an emitter with an Id FOR GOOD?

Im using the event notetag to set up the PEmitter

thanks!!

Last edited:

WCouillard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to use two different emitters on the same event at the same time? Whenever I set two plugin commands to emit on an event ID, the last one in the event sequence seems to take priority and ignore the first one.

Thought maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

EDIT: Oh, whoops. Looks like I didn't add the newer emitter to the list in the plugin parameters first. All fixed :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_Monster6 added!

Wonder when the next theme contest is coming?
Long time no see. I'm aiming a vertical slice / tech demo for my game featuring a series of boss battles this month. I hope I could get some testers.
So which forum do I use if I want to showcase graphics? I've been using AML forum, but I'm not sure it's correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tippiexd