Party Adding Event HELP!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Chairii, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Chairii

Chairii Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello!
    Just a heads up, I bought this game a day ago, so i would really appreciate detailed help, i want to learn as i get help! So I'm trying to do a solo start, but as you play you can add party members as you go. Im at the part where I can add the party member i want, but once i do, i just get a copy of the party member following me, and the original still standing there.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Could we have a screen shot of the event where you are adding the second actor. Please don't crop it, as the information on the left is as important as the commands themselves. Please use Alt+PrtSc so that we only have the event, not your whole desktop.

3. Chairii

Chairii Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alt+ PrtSc didnt do anything for me, but Window+PrtSc did, so here you go! i know you said dont do the whole desktop, so sorry

Attached Files:

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    After adding the new party member, turn on a self switch. Then add a second event page and set its condition to the same self switch you just turned on. Don't make ANY other changes to the page.

When the party member joins, the self switch will be turned on, and the second page will become active, and the sprite will disappear.

Kuro DCupu likes this.
  5. Chairii

Chairii Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Omgggggggg something so simple....lol Thank you so much! you just took this project to the next level haha. The switches and event pages are key in creating scenarios/quests?

6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I suggest that you have a look at Andar's compilation of info for new users. In it he links to two playable tutorials, one for the Event Command Menu and the other for Switches and Variables. Although made for VX Ace, the events are more or less identical in MV. I know that Dreadshadow is making a new version for MV, but that might not be ready for some time, so I suggest you use the existing one for now. You absolutely need those two elements if you are going to make a game.