Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having an issue with this plugin due to an encounter in the game that forces out all party members for a temporary one. The temporary character is then defeated, bringing the party limit gauge to 0. What I'm trying to accomplish is to store the value of the party limit gauge as a variable, and then set the party limit gauge back to what it was before that happened. I was able to store the party limit gauge as a variable, but can't seem to assign that variable back to the party limit gauge. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance!

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How did you store it to a variable?

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
control variables.png
Like this. Storing the value into the variable worked just fine, but I tried doing a script referencing the same thing and making it equal to the variable but I couldn't get it working. I tried this:

$gameParty.partyLimitGauge() = $gameVariables.value(58)

That didn't seem to work. Not sure what else to do at this point..

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 198675
Like this. Storing the value into the variable worked just fine, but I tried doing a script referencing the same thing and making it equal to the variable but I couldn't get it working. I tried this:

$gameParty.partyLimitGauge() = $gameVariables.value(58)

That didn't seem to work. Not sure what else to do at this point..
Try:
JavaScript:
$gameParty.setPartyLimitGauge($gameVariables.value(58));

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, that worked! I tried something very similar to that earlier too, but it didn't work at the time. Maybe it was the missing semi colon! Anyways, thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone want dynamically soft shadow? :kaohi:
1643106068630.png
Happy Birthday, me!
Woops.
giphy.gif
Ack, I've got to make a script support thread... I hate doing it now; I feel like an annoyance to people. Especially because my questions are usually stupid. Or, at least I assume they are when I don't get any replies lol. Oh well, I'll just make it in the morning. No point doing it now if I'll be asleep.
Slowly working on directions and walking sprites. :kaoback:
mA1ETTy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dutchpleb