ngchiahuey

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
ive been trying to add a character for the last hour n it isnt working
i need help with this please im very new to this and i need this done for my english coursework

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that event should add the actor - how do you determine that it hasn't worked?
How many actors are in the party at that moment?
Can you give a screenshot of the actor tab in the database (the IDs and names of your actors there are important here)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You also need to turn on a self switch and add a new page conditioned by the self switch, with no sprite. Otherwise the NPC will stay there after being added to your party.

Things to check:
1. If you only want one party member starting out, you do not delete the others from the Actors tab. You delete them from the System tab. If you have deleted them from the Actors tab, go back and give all the empty slots names, then go to the System tab and delete them from there.
2. If you want to see your new party member following you on the map, go to the System tab and make sure Followers is turned on.

If you have followers turned on and you deleted the extra actors the wrong way, you will have 3 "blank" actors following you around on the map. So if you add another party member, you will not see them on the map because the 3 follower positions are already filled by your blank/deleted actors. You will also see a gap in the menu between your party leader and your new party member - one for each of the blank/deleted members.

ngchiahuey

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
that event should add the actor - how do you determine that it hasn't worked?
How many actors are in the party at that moment?
Can you give a screenshot of the actor tab in the database (the IDs and names of your actors there are important here)

Attachments

ngchiahuey

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
You also need to turn on a self switch and add a new page conditioned by the self switch, with no sprite. Otherwise the NPC will stay there after being added to your party.

Things to check:
1. If you only want one party member starting out, you do not delete the others from the Actors tab. You delete them from the System tab. If you have deleted them from the Actors tab, go back and give all the empty slots names, then go to the System tab and delete them from there.
2. If you want to see your new party member following you on the map, go to the System tab and make sure Followers is turned on.

If you have followers turned on and you deleted the extra actors the wrong way, you will have 3 "blank" actors following you around on the map. So if you add another party member, you will not see them on the map because the 3 follower positions are already filled by your blank/deleted actors. You will also see a gap in the menu between your party leader and your new party member - one for each of the blank/deleted members.
AH yes!! thank u it works now haha

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If your problem is resolved, just report your first post and ask the mods to close the thread :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.
Today I found out that ladybirds\ladybugs are apparently named for the Virgin Mary. They're also known as God's cows in some places.
J0pac wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
The sad reaction was not because I want you to credit me. (terms clearly say no need to credit) but because those maps are meant to be used as inspiration or guidence. You are ofcourse alowed to use them however you want :)
I'm an adult married woman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midgar21