MacelloVerum

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having an issue in my game where the party member selection overlay does not appear while playing. When I select an option in the menu, such as "Equip" or "Skills", the menu that opens to display which party member I want to view is invisible. I can still move my cursor up or down to select a character, and when I press enter it will pop up the menu I would normally see, but the menu where I select the character is gone. The only plugin I use, which is probably the plugin affecting that menu, is Yanfly's main menu manager. I'll provide images, but when the menu is just not there, I'm not sure if they help. The first image is just the main menu being open, which looks identical to when I select the option by pressing 'enter', and the second is when I press enter again.

Also, this is probably posted in the wrong place, because I've never used this forum before. I only had the option to select games when I posted the thread, because nothing else described an issue like this at first glance.

(UPDATE):
The issue was solved. Like many people pointed out to me, the variables and switches called upon in the plugin were causing the issue. My lack of knowledge using that particular plugin resulted in the menu being bugged, but I have fixed the issue now. Thank you to everybody who contributed to the thread!

Attachments

• mainmenuissue1.png
    mainmenuissue1.png
    307.4 KB · Views: 6
  • mainmenuissue2.png
    mainmenuissue2.png
    356.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suggest you post a screenshot of your plugin list, this is most likely due to a conflict of plugins.

If you're not using any at all, try making a new project. If that has the same problem, your default data files are likely corrupt and you should reinstall MV.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
two possibilities:

1) you made the mistake of deleting actors without removing them from the starting party. that will cause the engine to still start with the deleted actors, and since there is no data for the deleted actors they become invisible.
you'll have to remove the excess lines from the database:system:starting party. If you do not find the lines, simply recreate the deleted actors with placeholder names, then delete them from the starting party and then remove the actors again.

2) wrong configuration of your menu manager.
ALWAYS configure EVERY plugin as soon as it is added, and only add plugins when you need them. anything else will cause errors and confusion.
and that means if a plugin has an option you do not understand, your choices are either to learn how to use that option or not to use the plugin, because a lot of projects were abandoned due to frustration because the user did not understand that he created the problem with a wrong configuration.

MacelloVerum

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suggest you post a screenshot of your plugin list, this is most likely due to a conflict of plugins.

If you're not using any at all, try making a new project. If that has the same problem, your default data files are likely corrupt and you should reinstall MV.
These are all of the plugins I currently have installed, and there are a lot of them. It seems to just be an issue with the main menu manager or the YEP menu overhaul, because when they were disabled, the menu reappeared. They're not essential to my project, but if possible, I'd like to work to fix the issue. Thank you for the reply!

Attachments

• rmmvpluginlist2.png
    rmmvpluginlist2.png
    285.7 KB · Views: 1
  • rmmvpluginlist1.png
    rmmvpluginlist1.png
    290.8 KB · Views: 1

MacelloVerum

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
two possibilities:

1) you made the mistake of deleting actors without removing them from the starting party. that will cause the engine to still start with the deleted actors, and since there is no data for the deleted actors they become invisible.
you'll have to remove the excess lines from the database:system:starting party. If you do not find the lines, simply recreate the deleted actors with placeholder names, then delete them from the starting party and then remove the actors again.

2) wrong configuration of your menu manager.
ALWAYS configure EVERY plugin as soon as it is added, and only add plugins when you need them. anything else will cause errors and confusion.
and that means if a plugin has an option you do not understand, your choices are either to learn how to use that option or not to use the plugin, because a lot of projects were abandoned due to frustration because the user did not understand that he created the problem with a wrong configuration.
I've poured far too much passion into my project so far, I definitely don't plan on giving up over something simple like that! I've posted a screenshot of my plugins, in case that might help. My project only begins with a single party member, but I'll look into what you said just in case. The case with this issue is most likely the fact that I'm bad with managing my plugins, and if so, that's all on me. Like I said in another reply, these plugins that might be conflicting aren't essential, but I'd like to work around them if possible. Thank you for the reply!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@MacelloVerum , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

If it's only an issue when you have that plugin enabled, then it's likely something to do with the plugin.

I'd go through first and check all the plugin parameters to see if it uses switches or variables. Then see if you've used the same switches or variables for other things. This is a very common issue when people add plugins and don't take the time to read through the documentation or the parameter list, accepting all the defaults. Then also see if there's any setting in that plugin that might be triggering this behaviour.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are all of the plugins I currently have installed,
your order of yanfly plugins is completely wrong.

yanfly programmed his plugins in a way that they require the order in which they are listed on his website, and it is known that they cause random effect if they are in a different order.

please note that reordering plugins like that will make all existing savefiles incompatible, you can't continue them after that because part of the old plugin data is stored in the savefiles

MacelloVerum

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your order of yanfly plugins is completely wrong.

yanfly programmed his plugins in a way that they require the order in which they are listed on his website, and it is known that they cause random effect if they are in a different order.

please note that reordering plugins like that will make all existing savefiles incompatible, you can't continue them after that because part of the old plugin data is stored in the savefiles
So all I have to do is reorder them? That won't mess with my game in any way, besides making my current saves in the game itself unusable?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That wrong order is one error. Until you correct the order no one will know if there is another error that contributes to the problem.

Bughunting is never easy, and one error can mask another error. You have to correct one after another until everything works

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Is there any way to get more than 8 enemies in a troop in RMMV or is that limit pretty much hardcoded into the engine?
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yorshka