Neek

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, hi, so, I'm really new in rpg maker, and I wanted to ask. I have two added party members by now, but when they get in battle they don't appear, nor are able to attack, because the attack option greys out and doesn't allow them to do it. Anyone knows how to fix this? Thank you

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Thank you.

I based that on your profile info. If it’s the wrong engine please let us know.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If they don't even appear in battle, how can they have attack options to be greyed out?

It sounds like you added them incorrectly. To set up your starting party, you should NOT just delete existing slots in the Actors tab. You should FIRST go to the System tab and delete everyone from the Starting Party box who you don't want there. THEN you can delete them from the Actors tab.

If you just delete them from the Actors tab without first removing them from the Starting Party in the System tab, you will see blank slots in the menu where actors should be. If you move around on the map, the characters may lag a few steps (depending on who you deleted and who you left). When you add new party members, there will be gaps or they won't appear at all if you have Followers turned on, and they may not appear in battles.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm confused with Shaz, your thread subject says something completely different from your actual post.

But if the party members are in combat and they can't attack...do they have a weapon equipped? Check their initial equipment in the database, check when you add them if you selected initialize.

Did you change anything in the Attack skill, skill 1? If you added a cost (MP or TP) to it, or changed its skill type, it could cause this.

Are you using any plugins? There are tons of things that could cause issues in your game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Food for thought. Factorio: Spaghetti belts make your factory inefficient as you fight for space constantly. Satisfactory: Spaghetti belts and massive clipping is the most efficient way to run your factory since it's the shortest distances.
ScreenShot_8_19_2022_8_51_4.png
Both Mike and Ray here are in a "HYPE!" state after Mike uses "Wild Party", which also heals everyone. they'll do more damage and counter more often, but defense is lower along with hit rate.
WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balalaika