SophieChieko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello! I need some help, please!

Is it possible to stock the number of the actors in the party into a variable?

I would like, into some event, to make a conditional branch and choose "if the variable [001: PartySize == 2]", and begin the battle against the boss if the player have got 2 members in the party, for example.

Edit: I found the solution!
Control variables => Selecting my variable PartySize => Set => Other => Party Members

Last edited:

Teabone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I actually am ironically looking for the exact same thing. What exactly was your solution?

DerVVulfman

Resident Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Edit: I found the solution!
Control variables => Selecting my variable PartySize => Set => Other => Party Members
The quote was brief, but accurate.

When you create an event, one of the map event options is "Control Variables" This is where you change or set your RMXP variables.

Now you can add basic values together, fine enough. But you can also have it read values from the map, from characters, from enemies and more. Look towards the bottom-most option: Other. Within, you can choose "Party Members", and this will allow you to set a variable to the number of party members.

Teabone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Thank so much this is very helpful and worked perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This little brat (my nephew) just invent a new way of enjoying his orange juice by pouring it inside of used perfume bottle and sprayed it to his mouth...
Jamaica? No, Aunty. I said, I'm on RPG Maker :*/
Lunar New Year is over :( but it's time to get back to work!
I keep giving myself deadlines because I'm so excited to finish something but I notice areas where I'm rushing the story and that's what's gonna weaken my overall project, gotta stop that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintminstrel