Passability bug?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by OcRam, Feb 16, 2018.

1. OcRam

OcRam Servant of the Universe Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello and thanks for reading this.

I have no plugins in this project at all. Just fresh project. If I place passable tile (o) at the edge of cliff it will allow to pass over the cliff both ways. Is this ment to be this way? I was wondering if any one else have this kind of problem?
    is_this_bug.png

Thank you for your time.

2. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If I recall correctly, VXAce has the same problem without script. It could be because the passability is being overwritten by anything in the top of the layers. Unfortunately, I have no solution either. I guess someone needs to write a plugin to fix this

3. OcRam

OcRam Servant of the Universe Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the quick answer. Ok I just wanted to know if it's only me who had this issue. Gladly I have plugin (OcRam_Passages) that will take care of this, and much more... at least in next version :)

4. Alexander Hawksmoor

Alexander Hawksmoor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As far as I was aware, you could fix this using the 4 way passability, I could be wrong though. Example1.png

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the problem here is the way how Ace simulates a two-level-dungeon.
    with only regular floor and ceiling tiles (the upper cliff uses ceiling tiles), there is a directional block that prevents moving between floor and ceiling.
    to allow for passing between them (ladders etc) you'll need to place an override for passability on the top cliff, but unfortunately every passable upper tiles counts as such an override, which means it's your plant that overrides the block between upper cliff and lower cliff here.

The simplest solution is not to place passable decorations at the top of such a barrier.
    Repairing the original problem is not easy, but there might be scripts out there for this.

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no, because it's not the passability of the cliff that is the problem, it's the passability of the patch of grass on top. That is O which means you can go on/off in any direction. As soon as the engine sees that on the top layer, it says you can go in any direction. Only if the grass patch had a star passability would it even look at the settings on the tile below (the cliff), but then that'd also make the grass patch appear in front of the player, so that's not an option.

I wrote a plugin that lets you use terrain tags on tiles to make the engine ignore that tile's passability and look at the one on the next layer (similar to the star setting, but it doesn't draw the tile in front of the player), but the OP already has a plugin that will take care of it.