Passable Inside Tiles, Unmoveable Character

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by EmmeryFlame, Oct 7, 2015.

1. EmmeryFlame

EmmeryFlame Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello, I am new to this site and still some what new to RPG Maker, I have watched tutorials

and have managed to get the hang of most stuff!

I am am now making my own original game rather then following the tutorial video any more and have come

across a problem when making doors. You have probably had this brought up before many times and before you say

ANYTHING, yes! My tiles are passable, ALL of them!! The floors have a O for passable, I would even had already

checked for a star in the top left of the tiles but for some reason there isn't one..so oh well I guess?

I have looked everywhere for answers, even checked here slightly and can't find anything! I

am seriously confused to what I have done wrong. Could someone please help me out??

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The star needs to be in the top left of the B tile. If it's not there, you need to put it there, not go "oh well, there isn't one". If that's an O, your character will be able to walk almost anywhere, and if it's an X they'll hardly be able to walk anywhere.

If you set the top left B tile to a star and there's still an issue, can you access the menu by pressing Escape? Can you at least turn in different directions? If you can't do those things, you have an autorun event, either on the map, or in the common events, that needs to be disabled. This includes events set to autorun even if there are no event commands.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  4. EmmeryFlame

First Language:
    English
    So what you're saying is that the B tileset HAS to have a star? Well again I checked and there wasn't a tile empty for a star to even be...but on closer inspection I think I have sussed it out based on what you are saying. I had a certain tileset on B that wasn't on the already premade "interior" set, so looking at the one I had made myself and comparing it to the rpg makers premade one there was something wrong...

*goes to do said checking and testing*

Yes! I believe I have worked it out, I had something mixed up with my tileset designing, wasn't a case of not making it a star or an O, it was just which tiles I had put in tabs B and etc.

Thank you for your comments and answers x

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    wrong - please read the description behind the link I gave in post #3 above.
    It doesn't matter what tilesheet you place in the B slot - the first tile of the B-slot will ALWAYS have its grafic erased, even if there is one, and it always has to be set manually to star to prevent passability problems.

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think all of the default tilesets have all of the tiles used. The only one that is empty is the top left B tile. You cannot use that as a regular tile. It must be empty (well it doesn't HAVE to be, but you can't draw with it), and it MUST have a star as passage setting.

7. EmmeryFlame

First Language:
    English
    well surprisingly the tilesets I selected for tab B did NOT have an erased slot for a star.

8. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You arguing about it is not going to change the fact. The top left tile in the B tileset MUST have a star. If it doesn't, then change it.

If you set it to have a star and you can still walk everywhere, then it is possible you have used a different blank tile in the B-E set to draw over everything, with a passability of O.

If that is not the case, then you may have a script that's affecting it.

If that is not the case, then you may have done a Set Move Route to set the player to THROUGH at some point, and it has not been changed back.

We can only tell you the reasons that would cause the behaviour you're seeing. You need to follow our suggestions and tell us the results of what happens when you do, if you want us to help solve your problem.

9. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think you don't understand what I'm talking about.

Make a test tileset with something that does have a tile on the first position - for example a tileset where you place OUTSIDE_C into the B-slot. It has that columns in the top part.

Now make a map with that tileset and try to place the top part of the very first column on the map. That is why we say the first tile of B is always erased.

10. EmmeryFlame

First Language:
    English
    Well that was the problem, it didn't have a spare slot for a star, but now I've changed it to where it does have a slot for a star.

It's all good now and I'm not arguing about what you guys are saying Shaz, I am just telling you what was wrong with my thing. 

Never said anyone was wrong or whatever just telling it how it was in my thing. I don't think you were understanding what I was

trying to explain, yes I do want help and suggestions and I HAVE learnt something I didn't know until one of you said a thing.

Anyway I thank you all for your help, my issue was I just put a wrong tileset selection on the wrong tab and didn't realize that it needed a space for

a star even though ALL the tiles were passable. Now it has been corrected and I no longer have the issue x

Apologies for any mix ups or anything confusing!

11. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think I did misunderstand. I didn't see anywhere where you said you changed it to a star - you kept saying it wasn't a star and I assumed you hadn't changed it, so the problem was still there.

Glad you got it sorted :)