Passable tiles to impassable tiles?

Aien2323

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so I'm making a puzzle that requires 3 pieces of a statue to be pushed off a cliff (from the side) inside a dungeon so I'm using dungeon tilesets. When the statue is put together correctly, a door will open. I know how to create the events correctly to make the door open (been making my game for the past 2 months, so fairly knowledgeable with events). I just can't for the life of me figure out how to make the player unable to walk onto the tile next to the cliff (see pic). In order to push the statue off the cliff, the tile next to it must be a passable one to allow the statue to appear over it right? When the statue falls off the cliff, I set up an event to make the statue movement route to move down 2 tiles. How can I make the statue pass onto the tile, but not allow the player to walk onto it? Any help would be awesome, I'm so stumped!

The "pit" is inside the red square. The tile next to the green arrow is the square I'm trying to make the player unable to walk on but allow the statue piece "blue square" able to pass.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is no need to change the passability of the tiles - keep them impassable to prevent the player from moving on them.
Instead, when you set the move route of the statue then you use the move route command "turn through ON" to allow the event to move anywhere (including impassable tiles)

eluukkanen

Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yep, no need to change passability, event commands should do the trick.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

spending almost entire day to mod skyrim but it still couldn't run properly :(
My friend has become one with the glitter. @ImaginaryVillain, got any room in the Cult of the Sporkle?
I still cannot wrap my head around how to edit and use arrays in RPG Maker MV o_O
Gamemaking has been slower, but I do my best to make small progress every day. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthew_skull