tinkie99

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I'm trying to create a passive aura for characters. Those passives will give the whole party a boost but the passive should only work when the specified party member is in the main party and not in the sub party.
I'm using Skillstatescore from visustella are a plugin now. When I try to run it. It crashes so the script doesn't work I think but I have no idea how to try to have the actor as a main party member condition this is what I use right now... The 17 refers to the 17th actor in my list.

<JS Passive Condition>

BattleManager.allBattleMembers().contains($gameActors.actor(17));

condition = true

</JS Passive Condition>

tinkie99

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.<computed>.<computed> (VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine.js:6816)
at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.<computed>.<computed> (VisuMZ_1_ElementStatusCore.js:3319)
at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.initMembers (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:15748)
at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.<computed>.initMembers (VisuMZ_1_SkillsStatesCore.js:2300)
at Game_Actor.Game_Battler.initMembers (rmmz_objects.js:3296)
at Game_Actor.initMembers (rmmz_objects.js:4029)
at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.initialize (rmmz_objects.js:2623)
at Game_Actor.Game_Battler.initialize (rmmz_objects.js:3292)
at Game_Actor.initialize (rmmz_objects.js:4024)
at new Game_Actor (rmmz_objects.js:4010)

Keeps spamming this in my devtool.

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
This can sometimes happen when you check for an actor during that actors creation. (In this case, because the creation process is not yet completed, the game gets stuck trying to create new copies of the actor).

You could try to escape that by adding a check if the actor is already created:
Code:
<JS Passive Condition>
if ($gameActors._data[this.actorId()]) {

condition = $gameParty.battleMembers().contains($gameActors.actor(17));

}
</JS Passive Condition>
(Although this might not work with actor-cloning plugins or similar addons that allow for more actors).

BattleManager.allBattleMembers() (= combined party and enemy troop members) includes your non-battle-party while you are not actually in battle. Since you are only checking for actors and not enemy troop members I'd suggest using $gameParty.battleMembers() instead.

Hope this helps in some way. :)

tinkie99

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This can sometimes happen when you check for an actor during that actors creation. (In this case, because the creation process is not yet completed, the game gets stuck trying to create new copies of the actor).

You could try to escape that by adding a check if the actor is already created:
Code:
<JS Passive Condition>
if ($gameActors._data[this.actorId()]) {

condition = $gameParty.battleMembers().contains($gameActors.actor(17));

}
</JS Passive Condition>
(Although this might not work with actor-cloning plugins or similar addons that allow for more actors).

BattleManager.allBattleMembers() (= combined party and enemy troop members) includes your non-battle-party while you are not actually in battle. Since you are only checking for actors and not enemy troop members I'd suggest using $gameParty.battleMembers() instead.

Hope this helps in some way. :)
It works thanks!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

@tinkie99 , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pretty much stopped posting in the progress thread cuz it feels like talking to the void, lol, so I've just been posting on IG instead. But someone finally liked my post there, lol. Dunno if I'll continue tho. Probably not xD

My game's progressing quite well. Just kinda stuck on mapping right now. Decided to go the side, slightly top down view route. I'm drawing everything from scratch for a personal touch uwu
Stomach isn't feeling too good last time. Perhaps something I ate
Phew! logged back. Seems I was too occupied with 3D learning (yeah for RPGM purposes) creating IRL space, trying to grow catnip, dealing with health and DC is good. (so MrC) ^^
Tyler.stewart wrote on Cherry's profile.
I was wondering if you've heard anything about the patch that allows you to show text anywhere on the screen utilizing pictures being upgraded to work with the official 2k3 release? Your work with 2k3 is awesome dude, keep it alive. I'm 33 and am still playing with 2k3 largely thanks to your work with the game engine. I appreciate the official patch updates you post. Please continue posting
Currently trying to add items in the same style as Kyrise's excellent icons. I like having a large variety of items :3 KyriseandMe.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merkmal