Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Passive Skill v1.14
by Moogle_X

Introduction
This plugin allows actors to learn passive skill. Passive skill, unlike offensive skill, is a skill that grants permanent traits bonus to the actor who learn it. Passive skill can increase actor's parameters, give status resistance, increase damage output, adding extra skills, etc.

Features
- Create skills that grant the actor unique properties.
- Passive skills can be hidden from battle window if you so choose.
- Can increase actor's main parameters both by percentage or static amount.

How to Use
Each passive skill is "linked" to a weapon's data in database. First, you need to create a "dummy" weapon with all the traits and parameter bonus that you want to carry over to the passive skill. After that, add this notetag inside the skill's notebox.

<PSV Weapon Id: x>                  // Replace x with Weapon Id.

Any actor that learns the passive skill will automatically inherit both the traits bonus and parameter changes bonus from that "dummy" weapon.

Screenshots

Spoiler

Compatibility
This plugin is compatible with my Equip Skill System and Element Booster plugins.

If you use Equip Skill System, position this plugin lower than that plugin in the plugin manager.

If you use YEP_ClassChangeCore, position this plugin below it.

If you use YEP_X_SkillCooldowns, position this plugin below it.

If you use Moogle_X_EquipmentLearning, position this plugin above it.

Terms of Use

Free to use in both commercial and non-commercial project as long as credit is given.

Simply credit me as "Moogle_X" in your in-game credit.

External Link

View attachment Moogle_X_PassiveSkill.rar

Last edited by a moderator:

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Does this also work without equipping the skills?

MikeMakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is also part of what I was exactly looking for! Something that allows me to equip passive abilities like in SMT: Devil Survivor. Thank you, Moogle X!

I am wondering about why using dummy weapons are necessary - is it so that we can set in static amount parameter increases instead of just only percentage?

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@clitvin

If you don't use Equip Skill System plugin, you don't need to equip it. You just need to learn it.

If you use that plugin, you need to equip the passive skill first. Also, if you put <EQS Ignore> in skill's notebox, the passive skill will "activate" without the need to equip it first.

@MikeMakes

I love DeSu! It's one of my favorite game ever. :guffaw:

Keep in mind that you can use my Element Booster plugin to recreate those "Fire Boost" and "Fire Amp" passive skills.

Yes, that's correct. Static increase is the main reason. In Ragnarok Online (which also a game that I love), there are plenty of passive skills that give static increase instead of percentage. Being able to only use percentage increase will be too limiting.

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@clitvin

If you don't use Equip Skill System plugin, you don't need to equip it. You just need to learn it.

If you use that plugin, you need to equip the passive skill first. Also, if you put <EQS Ignore> in skill's notebox, the passive skill will "activate" without the need to equip it first.

@MikeMakes

I love DeSu! It's one of my favorite game ever. :guffaw:

Keep in mind that you can use my Element Booster plugin to recreate those "Fire Boost" and "Fire Amp" passive skills.

Yes, that's correct. Static increase is the main reason. In Ragnarok Online (which also a game that I love), there are plenty of passive skills that give static increase instead of percentage. Being able to only use percentage increase will be too limiting.
may i use this as a base idea on how to build it the way i would like, right now it just to.......... sperate 

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@MuteDay

Did you mean editing the script? Feel free to do any edit you want to suit your project. I don't mind.

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@MuteDay

Did you mean editing the script? Feel free to do any edit you want to suit your project. I don't mind.
thanks, and take it you dont check your messages oftin?

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Does your element booster stack element bonuses between multiple elements?

Ex:

Monster is 200% vulnerable to fire

+ 150% more vulnerable to earth

Weapon/skill is element fire+earth

Damage combines both effects of fire and earth multipliers(fire 200%+ earth 150%)I believe the default engine only takes in consideration of absorb over damage first and only takes the highest damaging element (fire 200% in this case)

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Sol Rising

Hmm... Let me try to rephrase it first so both of us are on the same page.

For example, enemy has 200% Fire element rate and 150% Earth element rate.

Actor has Fire and Earth attack element traits.

Actor has 300% Fire Boost, 400% Earth Boost, and 500% Thunder Boost traits (just an example).

Then, actor use "Attack" skill (which has "Normal Attack" element) on enemy.

First, the default engine will check actor's attack element list (Fire and Earth).

Next, the default engine will check the enemy's element rate from Fire and Earth and return the one with the highest number (in this case 200%).

Then my plugin will also do check the actor's element boost traits from Fire and Earth and return the one with the highest number (in this case 400%).

The total damage will be multiplied by (200% * 400%) = 800% total multiplier.

This is what currently worked. Do you prefer the plugin use the combined boost from Fire and Earth instead? In that case, the total multiplier will be (200% * (300% * 400%)) = 2400% !!!

Suzio Uwabami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wow, this script has better features than the one from YEP (Sorry YEP <3) 
But it still doesn't work properly with Galv's Magic Shards: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/50833-galvs-magic-shards/
When you learn a passive skill from a "linked shard", it won't apply it's passive effect. I hoped it would work on this script, but unfortunetaly, it doesn't. Any idea why? 

Luth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Since your name is Moogle_X, I assume you like the Final Fantasy saga ; my own favorite is FFIX.

Remember the cool Passive Skill system ?

It granted the player a number of AP at every level (pictured as gems, here), so that the player could chose what passive skill to activate.

He could learn the abilitiy by equiping a weapon/armor or after he mastered it to be able to keep it without the equipment

Suzio Uwabami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Since your name is Moogle_X, I assume you like the Final Fantasy saga ; my own favorite is FFIX.

Remember the cool Passive Skill system ?

It granted the player a number of AP at every level (pictured as gems, here), so that the player could chose what passive skill to activate.

He could learn the abilitiy by equiping a weapon/armor or after he mastered it to be able to keep it without the equipment

I definitely think this system will come out from someone for MV. It's been there since XP. and I don't think people will miss it out :) I'm looking forward to it too, even if I won't use it. So good luck with getting it!

Luth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I definitely think this system will come out from someone for MV. It's been there since XP. and I don't think people will miss it out :) I'm looking forward to it too, even if I won't use it. So good luck with getting it!
I think it's the most interesting because it allows the maker to prevent the party from being too powerful early on by limiting the skills they can learn, even if you farm levels like crazy, you won't be godlike because you won't have the right piece of equipment. It prevented the player to be invulnerable aswell since he has to actually chose between x and y passive skill.

Moreover, you have to decide if you want to suffer to master the ability by equiping an item that is less strong that the one you just found.

dayhjawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am curious, can this plugin be used to create a skill (passive), that increases lets say +1 attack for Rank 1, when you learn Rank 2 you gain +2. And would actually show up in status screens?

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Is possible to have a sort of "spreaddable" passive to all party if an actor is set as leader? I mean...for example Harold has the passive that give 10% more HP, and if i set him leader, all the party has this passive, overwriting other actor's passive leading passive...otherwise if i set Therese as leader she give MP regen to the entire party.....and so on

Luminous

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
I think it's the most interesting because it allows the maker to prevent the party from being too powerful early on by limiting the skills they can learn, even if you farm levels like crazy, you won't be godlike because you won't have the right piece of equipment. It prevented the player to be invulnerable aswell since he has to actually chose between x and y passive skill.

Moreover, you have to decide if you want to suffer to master the ability by equiping an item that is less strong that the one you just found.
KGC has done that at VX I believe someone will import Equip Learn System too because that was a briliant legacy of classic rpg.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Sol Rising

Hmm... Let me try to rephrase it first so both of us are on the same page.

For example, enemy has 200% Fire element rate and 150% Earth element rate.

Actor has Fire and Earth attack element traits.

Actor has 300% Fire Boost, 400% Earth Boost, and 500% Thunder Boost traits (just an example).

Then, actor use "Attack" skill (which has "Normal Attack" element) on enemy.

First, the default engine will check actor's attack element list (Fire and Earth).

Next, the default engine will check the enemy's element rate from Fire and Earth and return the one with the highest number (in this case 200%).

Then my plugin will also do check the actor's element boost traits from Fire and Earth and return the one with the highest number (in this case 400%).

The total damage will be multiplied by (200% * 400%) = 800% total multiplier.

This is what currently worked. Do you prefer the plugin use the combined boost from Fire and Earth instead? In that case, the total multiplier will be (200% * (300% * 400%)) = 2400% !!!
Oh.. Okay so this plugin adds a new trait to the attack other than just an element as a booster. But yes I would like the plugin to be able to account for multiple elements. The current default system doesn't allow elements to stack which is really linear in terms of builds and strategy.

I'd be highly interested in being to be able to combine the total damage of both elements. Let me know if it's possible, Thanks!

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Sol Rising

I updated my Element Booster plugin to give extra options to combine enemy's multiple element rate and actor's multiple element boost in the plugin configuration.

If we continue with above example, if you turn off both options (going full default), the total damage will be 800%.

If you turn on "Combine Multiple Element Rate" option, the total damage will be ((200% * 150%) * 400%) = 1200%.

If you turn on "Combine Multiple Element Boost" option, the total damage will be (200% * (300% * 400%)) = 2400%.

If you turn on both options, the total damage will be ((200% * 150%) * (300% * 400%)) = 3600% !!!

Moogle_X_ElementBooster.rar

Attachments

jeff13579

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
How can I make a skill like

"+10% damage when equip sword type weapon"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth