Passive Skill

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks I will check this out later when I get the chance :)

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
is this compatable with yanfly's jp system, im wanting to make passive skill that increases jp gain

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@MuteDay

It doesn't carry over the increased JP gain effect, because the effect is not coded as traits.

I can simply make a compatibility patch for it though (if you really need it).

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
im honestly going see about making my own that works with yanflys skill learn system

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@MuteDay

It doesn't carry over the increased JP gain effect, because the effect is not coded as traits.

I can simply make a compatibility patch for it though (if you really need it).
I, for one, don't need it... But it would definitely help my use of this plugin. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

ToastyCheese

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love the idea of passive skills, but I have to be a debby downer about this "base it off a weapon" thing...

1.) It adds clutter to the weapon data base (or at least a heck of a lot more things to scroll through and, if you work like I do, partitioning off sets of IDs to keep everything organized)

2.) It limits the ability of the plugin to be updated and enhanced with new features by limiting it specifically to traits available in the Trait Database rather than using a series of note tags.

3.) While i'm not super in the know on code, I assume that making compatibility with other plug ins (JP bonuses for instance, since its been referenced by another member) becomes more convoluted. 

I suppose I'm just not sure why you made it based on stealing a weapon/armor identity, it seems round-about and ultimately inefficient and unnecessarily rigid. I was excited when I saw the passive skill header but in this incarnation I'm sadly a little disappointed :(

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm personally using it, and loving the plugin. It's created so much depth into my project. As for the JP bonus trait he mentioned he could patch it,  :)

I honestly like the idea of traits being linked to a weapon(default system for stats/effects). I would hate to have to literally type every command in the note tag field of a skill for every rate, parim, stat, command, skill, equip, and other commands. 

The way his plugin is setup is literally a huge time saver; 100 times more efficient and easier to navigate. When you have dozens or even hundreds of passive skills you'd like to make in your project this could save you literally hundreds of hours on building skills. I rather save my time in being able to create more content than editing lines of text in the note box. I'm completely okay with wasting 1 weapon slot per 1 passive skill in the default engine. I honestly don't see myself being able to create over 2000 weapons so I'm completely okay with this. 

Good Job Moogle X!

One thing I haven't tried, but if it isn't already functioning is being able to have a passive skill trait link to multiple weapon id tags?

example:

<PSV Weapon Id: 24 to 35>

or

<PSV Weapon Id: 24, 30, 31>

or stacking effects of the same passive?

<PSV Weapon Id: 24, 24, 24, 24>

Would that work? if not could future patches work? This would save a huge amount of time in editing passive skills as well :D

Haven't gotten around to try your multi element booster patch but I've downloaded it and will be looking forward to using that too  :rock-left:

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, I'm using the plugin and loving it. Its super simple. I wouldn't change the use of weapons as the base. Its better than armors or states considering that so many other plugins use those already.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just wanted to mention. It appears that this plugin and Yanfly's new Class Core, don't like each other...

I have not isolated it yet. But removing this plugin fixed my Maximum call stack size exceeded, error.

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Any chance there will be a fix to get this to work with battle test? Currently I need to disable this plugin everytime i need to do tests with troops.

Nohmaan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh, I'm using the plugin and loving it. Its super simple. I wouldn't change the use of weapons as the base. Its better than armors or states considering that so many other plugins use those already.
Yeah, I was a bit surprised that I needed to make weapons to do the passive traits, but it's super simple and works perfectly.

For mine, I just expanded the database to 1999 and paired them starting at 1900 so it's easy to manage, no hassle at all.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Pretty sure it works with battle test. Just if you are using the skill equip plugin the actor won't be able to equip skills before a battle since the battle test just goes straight into the fight. I usually just put in note tag for no equip skill to test out in battle or just launch the game test and equip the skill, or leave the equip skill plugin turned off

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This is the error I get if I try to use test battle with it enabled:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'traits' of null

at file:///C:/Users/Cris/SkyDrive/Rpg%20Project/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:2364:28

at Array.reduce (native)

at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.allTraits (file:///C:/Users/Cris/SkyDrive/Rpg%20Project/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:2363:32)

at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.traits (file:///C:/Users/Cris/SkyDrive/Rpg%20Project/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:2369:17)

at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.traitsSet (file:///C:/Users/Cris/SkyDrive/Rpg%20Project/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:2399:17)

at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.slotType (file:///C:/Users/Cris/SkyDrive/Rpg%20Project/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:2527:20)

at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.isDualWield (file:///C:/Users/Cris/SkyDrive/Rpg%20Project/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:2532:17)

at Game_Actor.equipSlots (file:///C:/Users/Cris/SkyDrive/Rpg%20Project/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_EquipCore.js:381:35)

at Game_Actor.releaseUnequippableItems (file:///C:/Users/Cris/SkyDrive/Rpg%20Project/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:3661:26)

at Game_Actor.refresh (file:///C:/Users/Cris/SkyDrive/Rpg%20Project/Project1/js/rpg_objects.js:3741:10)

at Game_Actor.refresh (file:///C:/Users/Cris/SkyDrive/Rpg%20Project/Project1/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3070:35)

at Game_Actor.learnSkill (file:///C:/Users/Cris/SkyDrive/Rpg%20Project/Project1/js/plugins/Moogle_X_PassiveSkill.js:273:10)

this is the line it fails at:

return r.concat(obj.traits);

when passive skill calls this.refresh();

could be a conflict with YEP_EquipCore

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Roguedeus

Yes, there was a refresh loop between Class Core and this plugin. I already fixed the issue (still in my PC).

I'll upload it soon after I done with some other things.

@clitvin

I have difficulty reproducing this issue even with YEP_EquipCore on.

Did you by any chance use YEP_EquipCore v1.02 or lower?

Try updating it to the latest version and see if it fix the issue.

I wonder if anybody else have issue with Battle Test. Can somebody else confirm this?

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yep core= 1.06

Yep BattleCore= 1.17b

Yep Equipcore = 1.05

It's not a big deal, cause I can turn it off passive skills to do test battles, but it is annoying having to do this every time.

Some more info to help you track it down hopefully...

This is the sequence of events causing the crash:

1.   this.refresh();                                                                                                   <-- pasive skill 

2.  Yanfly.BEC.Game_Actor_refresh.call(this);                                                      <--- yep battle engine 

3.  this.releaseUnequippableItems(false);                                                               <-rpg objects

4.  var slots = this.equipSlots();                                                                               <-rpg objects

5.  if (slots.length >= 2 && this.isDualWield()) slots[1] = 1;                                        <-Yep equipcore

6.  return this.slotType() === 1;                                                                                  <-rpg objects

7.  var set = this.traitsSet(Game_BattlerBase.TRAIT_SLOT_TYPE);                        <-rpg objects

8.  return this.traits(code).reduce(function(r, trait) { return r.concat(trait.dataId);}     <-rpg objects

10.  return this.allTraits().filter(function(trait) { return trait.code === code;}               <-rpg objects

12.  return this.traitObjects().reduce(function(r, obj) { return r.concat(obj.traits); }     <-rpg objects

The only thing that I might be doing that you are not doing is the fact that not all my actors have the same slots, try using some custom slots for your classes and see if that will cause the crash.

Warrior :

<Equip Slot>

Weapon

Shield

Head

Body

Cloak

Ring

Neck

Shoe

Relic

Relic

</Equip Slot>

Mage

<Equip Slot>

Weapon

Off Hand

Head

Body

Cloak

Ring

Neck

Shoe

Accessory

Relic

Relic

</Equip Slot>

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Roguedeus

Yes, there was a refresh loop between Class Core and this plugin. I already fixed the issue (still in my PC).

@clitvin

I have difficulty reproducing this issue even with YEP_EquipCore on.

Did you by any chance use YEP_EquipCore v1.02 or lower?

Try updating it to the latest version and see if it fix the issue.

I wonder if anybody else have issue with Battle Test. Can somebody else confirm this?
Great! This plugin has sorta become a central part of my level mechanic and with it not playing nicely with Class Core... Well... Lots of things break! :D

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Roguedeus

Moogle, I hope I'm not bothering you but do you still mean to post the update? Or did I miss something?

Both locations still show v1.0

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Roguedeus

Oops, sorry. Pokemon SMD is keeping me "busy". :p

I just updated the new version (v.1.1). It's should be compatible with Yanfly's Class Core. (Haven't test it with the new subclass plugin).

Please position this plugin below Class Core.

Get the plugin update in the first post. :D

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Roguedeus

Oops, sorry. Pokemon SMD is keeping me "busy". :p

I just updated the new version (v.1.1). It's should be compatible with Yanfly's Class Core. (Haven't test it with the new subclass plugin).

Please position this plugin below Class Core.

Get the plugin update in the first post. :D
I lost about 4 days when Fallout 4 released. ;)

Unfortunately it seems that there is some sort of issue with v1.1 and Subclass.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'learnings' of null at Game_Actor.updateLearnedSkills (/X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/plugins/Moogle_X_PassiveSkill.js:295) at Game_Actor.updateUnlockedClassSkills (/X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_ClassChangeCore.js:478) at Game_Actor.refresh (/X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_ClassChangeCore.js:433) at Game_Actor.refresh (/X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3265) at Game_Actor.unlockClass (/X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_ClassChangeCore.js:450) at Game_Actor.setSubclass (/X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_X_Subclass.js:667) at Game_Actor.initSubclasses (/X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_X_Subclass.js:637) at Game_Actor.subclass (/X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_X_Subclass.js:642) at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.addSubclassTraitSet (/X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_X_Subclass.js:465) at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.stateResistSet (/X:/SkyDrive/_RMMV%20Projects/Projects/Prequel%20Project/js/plugins/YEP_X_Subclass.js:546)Removing Passive States or Subclass clears the issue. I am checking if it conflicts with anything else...

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Roguedeus

I updated the plugin again (v1.12). Now, it should work with both Class Core and Subclass plugins. :)

Please position this plugin below both of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^
I wonder if I can go outside ye-

Government: lemme stop you right there
Alright, who's playing Jumanji? And whose turn is it?!
*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrOrgazm