Passive Skill

Pinrri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I'm using the plugin Yanfly " YEP_AutoPassiveStates " and want to do the AutoRegen passive . I created a skill with notetag < EQS Type: 1> < PSV Weapon ID : 205 > the weapon 205 is AutoRegen and has the notetag < Passive State 76 > but don't add the state is 76 Regen , it seems that the plugins are not supported. Would be amazing if the plugin could read the code inside the weapon notetag to add alot of variety of passives. Thanks you very much for the job!

Last edited by a moderator:

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Pinrri

If you want the skill to give Auto Regen state, just insert <Passive State: 76> notetag directly into skill's notebox instead of weapon's notebox.

In other word, you don't need to use this plugin at all. :)

Pinrri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
@Pinrri

If you want the skill to give Auto Regen state, just insert <Passive State: 76> notetag directly into skill's notebox instead of weapon's notebox.

In other word, you don't need to use this plugin at all. :)

Amazing, it works. I want to use this and "Moogle_X_EquipSkillsSystem" script to manage the passives like ffix system. If i found other issue i'll be happy to report it, Thanks again Moogle!

Mfae90

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It's possible that the actor doesn't receive AP if dies or is affected from some status? Like virus in FF9

Gidan90

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
great! thanks for the plugins  :D

Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Your plugin is very helpful but...
Is it possible to remove a passive skill ?

I use the YEP_EquipBattleSkill which allows to equip and remove character skills. The passive skill is working well, but if I remove it, its effect is still working. Is there a way to disable a passive skill by removing it ? And for some reason, I can't use equipment instead. Please help me to manage this problem.

EDIT : sorry, I fixed my problem. YEP_EquipBattleSkill allowed to do this way whithout using a passive skill plugin. I was too much focused on the wrong plugin.

PS: please excuse my mistakes, I am french.

Black Noise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excuse me.
I've tried using your plugin but found no stat changes in my actors during testing.

My game would involve characters who have access to psychic powers that build up TP through use.
However these actors would receive negative states when their TP reaches full so the player would be encouraged
to use these powers sparingly and tactically.

So these actors' TP would decrease overtime but, with the use of Yanfly's Equip Battle Skills which I am using,
equipping powers would accumulatively slow down that process. The more powers you equip, the slower your TP decreases and vice versa.
Equip too many, particularly powerful, skills and you could even see your TP building up instead of emptying.

I don't know if states can be stacked, considering Yanfly's Auto Passive Skill plugin relies on states as opposed to weapon ID's as Moogle_X's does, but this seemed to be the best option for what I'm going for.

But as I said, I found no changes to the actors stats when I tested this plugin out.

Is there anything I could be doing wrong?
Thank you.

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having the same issue I was having with Auto Passive Skills plugin from Yanfly.

The autopassive skill works great, BUT I cannot seem to have the passive skill be restricted based on what class you currently are.

For example: I used your plugin to give my Red Mage an Auto Refresh skill. I learn it, it works as intended. BUT when I change to another job, I was wanting the skill to be removed! My Thief should not be having auto refresh!

What do I need to do in order to restrict this passive ability?

Pinrri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I'm having the same issue I was having with Auto Passive Skills plugin from Yanfly.

The autopassive skill works great, BUT I cannot seem to have the passive skill be restricted based on what class you currently are.

For example: I used your plugin to give my Red Mage an Auto Refresh skill. I learn it, it works as intended. BUT when I change to another job, I was wanting the skill to be removed! My Thief should not be having auto refresh!

What do I need to do in order to restrict this passive ability?
I used this code to make the farmacology pasive for my game (change the 18 for the red mage class id.) but u need the yanfly auto passive states plugin.

<Custom Passive Condition>

var class = user.currentClass().id;

if (class == 18) {

condition = true;

} else {

condition = false;

}

</Custom Passive Condition>

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used this code to make the farmacology pasive for my game (change the 18 for the red mage class id.) but u need the yanfly auto passive states plugin.

if (class == 18) {

condition = true;

} else {

condition = false;

}

I'm not getting the condition to work..

Here's everything in the Notepad section for Auto-Refresh:

<Learn Cost: 1 JP>

<Passive State: 20>

if (class == 6){

condition = true;

}else{

condition = false;

}

The Auto-refresh ability is still staying active even after changing classes..

Any idea why it isn't working?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The custom passive condition tags need to be on state 20. They're for setting whether the auto-refresh state becomes active. That tag doesn't do anything when it's on a skill.

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The custom passive condition tags need to be on state 20. They're for setting whether the auto-refresh state becomes active. That tag doesn't do anything when it's on a skill.
When I put the script in the State notepad I got a syntax error :/

upload_2017-9-19_22-36-12.png

upload_2017-9-19_22-36-24.png

Is it not compatible with the YEP X ItemUpgradeSlots.js or something? (That's kinda what it looks like..)

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I put the script in the State notepad I got a syntax error :/

View attachment 72309

View attachment 72310

Is it not compatible with the YEP X ItemUpgradeSlots.js or something? (That's kinda what it looks like..)
I tried turning it off and it just says another js error, then lastly it says the auto passive one.. Is there something wrong with the code?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think you're getting the class Id in the correct way.

On a state, user._classId should give you the lass Id number, so use that instead.

Code:
if (user._classId == 6){
condition = true
} else {
condition = false
}

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think you're getting the class Id in the correct way.

On a state, user._classId should give you the lass Id number, so use that instead.

Code:
if (user._classId == 6){
condition = true
} else {
condition = false
}
That worked! Thank you so much! :) I wish I was better with JS.. I actually had a JS class at one point but we didn't write any original code and the teacher sucked so I didn't learn much..

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ugh, the custom passive condition is no longer working after installing the new version of rpg maker mv and all of yanfly's new version. Has anyone else had any issues with this? It was working perfectly fine beforehand.

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please disregard. Apparently the location of the plugin made it not work. I had the plugin towards the middle of the plugin list and it was not working, but when I moved it to the bottom of the list it is now working again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!
Gotta save this for my next thread later...
Finsh all of the walking dead game in a week, such an amazing emotional trip
I really need to stop sidetracking sometimes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waybinary