LightninSoarer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there a script for RPG MAKER VXACE that give's special skills to your characters? like in Breath of Fire 2 Ryu has his Guts and the rest of the characters have their own unique skill (singular).
If this is not possible, is there a way to add passive skills to the character? Like the lower your hp the higher your damage or something like that

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah... You don't need a script for that, though.
You can give each character their own skyle-type in the database.

The skills itself can just be added by class. They will be hidden if learned by a character that doesn't have the matching skill-type learned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: For the second question... Doing more damage the lower your HP is also being done without scripts. You just have to be creative with the skill formula's.

A normal attack would be: a.atk * 4 + b.def * 2
Transform it into: (a.atk * 4 + b.def * 2) * ((a.mhp - a.hp) / a.mhp + 1)

This should result in: Doing the normal attack and for each % of health you lost, you gain +1% attack. It scales up to 200% (if you have less than 1% health left, you deal 200% damage, and if you are at full health, you deal normal damage)

Last edited:

LightninSoarer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
oh okay thank you very much, do you have any tutorial video sources where it goes into depth about that so i could understand it through its fundamentals?
Also, what if i wanted to make it where the character loses defence the lower his hp is?how to i code that

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD
The more I read Calvin and Hobbes as an adult, the more I deeply respect Bill Watterson. Plenty of stuff flew over my head, but now that I'm old enough to appreciate the viewpoints he shared with the fun and imagination? I am grateful that C&H was basically my early childhood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidlcf