CathyRina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Let's be honest, that's not really an add-on.

Why not? It's basically just giving skills pre-requisites and visualizing it in form of branches.
You already have SP gain, SP spend and Passive-mechanics. Not that much missing from a functional Skill Tree.

genkidesu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
I investigated, they do actually work together but when used together but there's a lag until the next time the actor is refreshed.

Code:
  Scene_Skill.prototype.useItem = function() {
    if (this.item() && this.item().stypeId == Fomar.PassiveSkills.passiveSkillTypeId) {
      if (this.actor()._passiveSkills.includes(this.item().id)) {
        this.actor()._passiveSkills.remove(this.item().id);
      } else {
        this.actor()._passiveSkills.push(this.item().id);
      }
      this._statusWindow.refresh();
      this._itemWindow.refresh();
      this.actor().refresh(); // new line for Visu Core
    } else {
      Fomar.PassiveSkills.Scene_Skill_useItem.call(this);
    }
  };

Should be enough to fix it. Either stick it in a new plugin or put it at the bottom of my plugin.
Plugin worked correctly. :LZSsmile:
Thank you Fomar0153!

Last edited:

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
New version released. It includes the new line of code I added for the VisuStella menus and some other compatibility improvements.

First off, great plugin! But I found a weird interaction between this plugin and your Equipment Skills plugin:
When using equipment to learn a passive skill you can activate it as normal. Now, if you activate the skill, and remove the equipment before completely learning it, you can't deactivate the passive skill. It's still in effect, and the PP are still consumed.
I made a short clip for this problem, I hope it helps illustrate what I mean.

Sorry took a bit longer than I'd hoped.

justRion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
New version released. It includes the new line of code I added for the VisuStella menus and some other compatibility improvements.

Sorry took a bit longer than I'd hoped.
No worries, glad you could take a look at all!

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Is there a way to force equip a skill? For example, if I start with a character with 10pp and 2 passive skills, to have them already equipped by default.

Thanks!

Edit:
Okay... figured it out without having any idea lol but it seems to be working.
In case anyone needs it:
Script call:
$gameActors.actor(id)._passiveSkills.push(skill id)

Will automatically equip indicated passive skill id to the respective actor id.
Skill has to be learned before though as If not, it will be equipped anyway and as you don't have it, it'll be invisible and won't be able to unequip from the menu.

Last edited:

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I ran into a problem. If you have passive skill A add passive skill B, and you equip passive skill A then passive skill B. Then uneuip passive skill A, it doesn't refund the points after passive skill B is lost

Is there a way to refund the points if a skill is equiped and something happens to make it no longer exist?

Edit: after some testing, the state skill exists too..

Last edited:

YukitoTrevisan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
sorry for being so lay. I would like the formula for the game to be: character level + character luck + agility / 4

but I can't configure the formula, could someone help me?

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I ran into a problem. If you have passive skill A add passive skill B, and you equip passive skill A then passive skill B. Then uneuip passive skill A, it doesn't refund the points after passive skill B is lost

Is there a way to refund the points if a skill is equiped and something happens to make it no longer exist?

Edit: after some testing, the state skill exists too..

Are you using the most up to date version of this plugin? I thought I dealt with that already.

sorry for being so lay. I would like the formula for the game to be: character level + character luck + agility / 4

but I can't configure the formula, could someone help me?

this._level + this.luk + this.agi / 4

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So you have 1.3 at a guess? Try updating the plugin.
ok. Now i'll be able to make something close to the xenoblade chronicles passive skill tree :)

YukitoTrevisan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are you using the most up to date version of this plugin? I thought I dealt with that already.

this._level + this.luk + this.agi / 4

the calculation does not result in the correct value.
I think he is just dividing the value of AGI, and I would like him to divide by 4 the total sum of LEVEL + LUK + AGI

Nemojbatkastle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Fomar, thank you for the great plugin and being so helpful with everyone.

I'm having an issue where whenever I try to 'buy' a skill, a window pops up displaying all the actors over most of the menu. Like so:

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 1.21.17 PM.png

I assumed this might have been a design choice, though was uncertain what purpose it served. But in the clip you show at the top of the thread the window is clearly not appearing. In this image the Passive Skills plugin is the only one I have turned on, for the life of me I can't figure out what's causing it.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm using the most up to date version now, and get this error at the start of battle when the script is on, with no other scripts on

canvas error.png

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I think he is just dividing the value of AGI, and I would like him to divide by 4 the total sum of LEVEL + LUK + AGI
Then it should go in parenthesis so it divides the total by 4.
(this._level + this.luk + this.agi) / 4

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Xelion beat me to it, but (this._level + this.luk + this.agi) / 4

Hi Fomar, thank you for the great plugin and being so helpful with everyone.

I'm having an issue where whenever I try to 'buy' a skill, a window pops up displaying all the actors over most of the menu. Like so:

I assumed this might have been a design choice, though was uncertain what purpose it served. But in the clip you show at the top of the thread the window is clearly not appearing. In this image the Passive Skills plugin is the only one I have turned on, for the life of me I can't figure out what's causing it.

Update your plugin, this was fixed a while ago.

I'm using the most up to date version now, and get this error at the start of battle when the script is on, with no other scripts on

Use the original name of the plugin:
Fomar0153_PassiveSkills.js

Nemojbatkastle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update your plugin, this was fixed a while ago.

Puzzling, I've gone through today and started fresh projects with the plugin in the dl link several times now, I'm assuming ver. 1.4 is the most current version?

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Puzzling, I've gone through today and started fresh projects with the plugin in the dl link several times now, I'm assuming ver. 1.4 is the most current version?

I can't see it in the screenshot but I assume you have set the passive skills to the correct skill type?
If so, do you get this bug in a blank project with no other plugins while using version 1.4?

Nemojbatkastle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't see it in the screenshot but I assume you have set the passive skills to the correct skill type?
If so, do you get this bug in a blank project with no other plugins while using version 1.4?

I created a skill type named 'passive' and matched the skill to it, so presumably yes. And I'm using a fresh project with no other plugins and this has been happening with both the unpatched & patched 1.4 versions.

BTW, I'm been trying to edit it myself and had no luck, but any chance we can get a plugin that's just the 'Add Passive Skill Type in Menu' function?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tired of just doing mobile. Now you can Play the game in ur Browser! https://bigmala-productions.itch.io/rpg-forever
I managed to fix my car at last... :biggrin:

I'm proud of what I have achieved with my project. Don't mind with the Spanish, Ill add more languages.
Im currently looking at the RPG MAKER Steam page, and i found out the Rpg maker mz requires bit 64 pc, i only have bit 32 pc ;-;, i am really using an ancient pc.. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gillfigno