DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Fomar0153 I tried to buy passive skill with your buy skill plugin, but I don't think it works. Or maybe I'm not setting it up properly? When I click on the passive skill to buy it,nothing happens. How do I make it work?

Last edited:

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Fomar0153 Hey fomar, I want to remove the PP system completely, can I do that?
I mean I don't need the passive to need any kind of points to be equipped.
I did not see any setting in the param to turn it off.
Sorry double post, didn't realize I have posted something already.

YukitoTrevisan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Fomar0153

I would like to thank the developer of this plugin. With it I was able to add a new layer to the evolution system of my project. THANK YOU!
Tip: when the PP formula is changed, the broken results are also displayed: 115.25 PPs .... Does it have how to configure to round up?

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
@Fomar0153

I would like to thank the developer of this plugin. With it I was able to add a new layer to the evolution system of my project. THANK YOU!
Tip: when the PP formula is changed, the broken results are also displayed: 115.25 PPs .... Does it have how to configure to round up?
Try this:
Math.round(formula)

So it should be Math.round((this._level + this.luk + this.agi) / 4)

@Fomar0153 Hey fomar, I want to remove the PP system completely, can I do that?
I mean I don't need the passive to need any kind of points to be equipped.
I did not see any setting in the param to turn it off.
Sorry double post, didn't realize I have posted something already.
I've figured a workaround which should work:
Put the MP(PP) cost of the every passive to 0 and in the Passive plugin's configuration put the PP bar position to be outside the screen (for example put a high X number so it stays out of screen). As passives won't consume any PP, you'll be able to equip them freely.

Sorry if I'm being rude by answering questions asked to Fomar, but I just find it's a good opportunity for me to try to learn simple things too, as I'm also making use of this plugin. It's simple yet very effective in what I'm trying to do.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Error

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 11

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I have not changed any name and I use the plugins of the Visustella demo.

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, does this plugin work for weapons notetags as well, or is it restricted to skills?

paruparukuat

Warper
Reaction score
Any idea how to make a passive grant a fixed amount of stat instead of percentage?
maybe like getting the value of that growth thingy in the skill effect tab

And something like "refresh"(?), for when equiping a passive would grant the actor a certain command (skill type). It works but I need to get out and get back in the skill window for the change to show up.

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Any idea how to make a passive grant a fixed amount of stat instead of percentage?
maybe like getting the value of that growth thingy in the skill effect tab

And something like "refresh"(?), for when equiping a passive would grant the actor a certain command (skill type). It works but I need to get out and get back in the skill window for the change to show up.
The flat amount of stats is unrelated to this plugin, you'd need other with that feature. Visustella plugins can do that with notetags (don't remember which one but it was one of the core/free ones), I remember trying and it worked fine.

Don't know about the other question but I think that'd need a change in the plugin itself.

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just want to say I'm very happy to have found this plugin. For my game, I was wanting a skill system where each Character had their core skills, but were able to learn additional skills by using "Skill Cards". But, they have to Equip them and can only have so many equipped at a time out of their pool of "Skill Card Skills".

With this plugin, I set my Skill Card items to teach the Passive Skill, which then in turn applies a State that actually teaches the "Active" Skill. This results in exactly what I was looking for, so thank you!

I do have an Enhancement Request: Instead of my situation above (Setting a State which teaches an Active Skill), can you allow Passive Skills to recognize the "Learn Skill" Trait in addition to the "Add State" Trait? That would bypass me having to create states for each skill. (I'll look into coding a patch on my own, but if you have time/want to, it would be appreciated!

Kaimi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there no option to increase max PP via a script call or a plugin command? What about increasing it with equipment or by using items to increase its max value? These would be great additions IMO. Still, it's a really cool plugin, something that works the best for me.

wrigty12

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there no option to increase max PP via a script call or a plugin command? What about increasing it with equipment or by using items to increase its max value? These would be great additions IMO. Still, it's a really cool plugin, something that works the best for me.
I set the Max PP Formula to look at a Variable to get the max. That would help with the Script/Command call.

Kaimi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apparently using the plugin variant that accomodates to Visustella's SkillStatesCore doesn't work and produces the following error:
Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'getImageData' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': Value is not of type 'long'.

wrigty12

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Apparently using the plugin variant that accomodates to Visustella's SkillStatesCore doesn't work and produces the following error:
Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'getImageData' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': Value is not of type 'long'.
I do not see this error myself, so I think I would recommend you post an image of what the Console shows (F12) when the error occurs/provide what you did to get it.

Kaimi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The console shows the following:

error.png

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Fomar0153, is it possible to equip the passive skill with scriptcall? I don't want the player to equip the passive skill manually.
I'm making a skill level up system so the passive skill can be upgraded and it would be nonsense to need to equip the passive skill everytime it's upgraded.

shamstalin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Formar0153

I got this error when I try to open the "Skill Tab" from skill menu. [PS: When I disable all Visu plugins, it works fine]

1610961612821.png1610961631335.png1610961657876.png

wrigty12

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@shamstalin did you try putting the Passive Skill plugin under all the Visustella plugins?

shamstalin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@shamstalin did you try putting the Passive Skill plugin under all the Visustella plugins?

I tried putting under/above ...didn't work, after several days, I did major changes in Visustella core plugins and revisited this passive skill plugin, strange... that now it's working lol.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People1_3 added!
index.php

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidusa121