Cimmantti

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It took me forever to get this working in my project but, I'm very impressed! I'd hate to ask for more BUT, would you know of anyway to sort of turn this plugin on and off with like a switch or something?
Basically, my goal is to not have it be useable till a part of the story where you learn about it.

SirCumferance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was just thinking that too, looked at the code and there is a "yes" and "no"
Problem is, I dont know how to make it change it via Script command
Something like
Fomar.PassiveSkills.parameters["Add Passive Skill Type in Skill Menu"] == "false"

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I too am getting an error of;
Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'getImageData' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': Value is not of type 'long'.

And this happens when it's the only plugin thrown in.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a way to equip passive skills the actor doesn't know during combat, through a common event, that are deequipped after combat? This would open up a lot of possibilities

LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The flat amount of stats is unrelated to this plugin, you'd need other with that feature. Visustella plugins can do that with notetags (don't remember which one but it was one of the core/free ones), I remember trying and it worked fine.

Don't know about the other question but I think that'd need a change in the plugin itself.
Oddly, I can't seem to get a flat amount of stats working. In my state that the passive skill adds I have <JS On Add State> target.addParam(0, 5) </JS On Add State> <JS On Erase State> target.addParam(0, -5) </JS On Erase State>
yet nothing happens when the player equips the state.

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Oddly, I can't seem to get a flat amount of stats working. In my state that the passive skill adds I have <JS On Add State> target.addParam(0, 5) </JS On Add State> <JS On Erase State> target.addParam(0, -5) </JS On Erase State>
yet nothing happens when the player equips the state.

I can't test if they still work with the latest VS plugins (haven't updated them for months) but I used these, without those <JS On Add State>, etc
<ATK Flat: -2>
<DEF Flat: -2>
<MAT Flat: +2>
<MDF Flat: +2>
<AGI Flat: +2>
<LUK Flat: +2>

LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Huh, not sure what VisuStella plugin that is coming from, but that works! Thank you. Sadly there doesn't seem to be one for HP/MP etc, but it's something!

edit: 'MaxHP Flat' or 'MaxMP Flat' work! hooray! It also seems to come from the VisuStella Core Engine.
I can't test if they still work with the latest VS plugins (haven't updated them for months) but I used these, without those <JS On Add State>, etc
<ATK Flat: -2>
<DEF Flat: -2>
<MAT Flat: +2>
<MDF Flat: +2>
<AGI Flat: +2>
<LUK Flat: +2>

Last edited:

Belzath

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well time to ask the newbie quesiton of the year. When i hit download it just puts me to a webpage with all the text. I dont have a file to save an move into my pluggin folder. Do i need to take that text and make my own file?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Belzath yes. Copy all of that and paste into a new text file. Call it Fomar0153_PassiveSkills.js and save it in your plugins folder.

SirCumferance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right click, save as, I think will also work

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey Fomar, absolutely love this plugin! Using it in my current game. Is there a way I can edit the name in the main menu, so instead of saying "Passive", it can say "Skills" or "Learn" or something else? Can I edit the script to change it, and how so? I'd appreciate your help greatly, and thanks again!

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Hey Fomar, absolutely love this plugin! Using it in my current game. Is there a way I can edit the name in the main menu, so instead of saying "Passive", it can say "Skills" or "Learn" or something else? Can I edit the script to change it, and how so? I'd appreciate your help greatly, and thanks again!
Hi, the plugin uses the name you put on "Skill types" in the "Types" tab in the Database.

TheDubiousBard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've seen this error be mentioned a lot and I'm not sure how to solve it. Whenever I use plugin built for VS, it gives me this. Does anyone know how to fix it?Passive Skills Error.png

Lunesis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've seen this error be mentioned a lot and I'm not sure how to solve it. Whenever I use plugin built for VS, it gives me this. Does anyone know how to fix it?View attachment 197534
I get this too, probably will need to look for another passive skills plugin since I'm using VS and don't want it to say MP. The original version works fine.

xFFXVIx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The plugin works great for me, thank you so much!

One question is there seems to be a delay whenever I activate a passive skill that enhances a parameter (ie Attack + 10%). The actual increase works, but it won't show it in the parameter on the Skill Scene unless I unequip and equip the passive skill again.

I saw this posted earlier and tried the code posted, but it hasn't worked and there is still a delay. Any work around for this?

Thanks!

blade911

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
is there a way to check if the skill is equipped via Javascript?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png
How many people actually like action commands? (Which is pressing a button at the right time during an attack to deal more damage.)
It is a curse and a blessing getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dstagg96