Path To Ruin - Intro Cutscene Completed!

Tea++

I'm human
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wow, that looks really great!

If I had any suggestions they would be:

First, I would slow down the parallax scrolling, it looks super super cool, but it's pace is a little fast. (Not the amount of time it's on the screen, but how fast the different layers are scrolling)

Second, I would cut the last part with the guy waking the other guy up. It doesn't really match the rest of it and the rest of it stands alone really well. It's a very nice teaser trailer. You could make a separate game play trailer to show the game.

That's of course just my two cents, take it with a grain of salt! :LZSjoy:

Nytsud

Stuff-doer. Doer of stuff.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the input! That last scene with the parallax is scrolling fast because of the wind, so it's intentionally fast, but I'll look at the rest of them again... and that last part, I just kinda thought it would be nice to have one little humorous bit to show that it's not all seriousness in this game. I do plan on making an actual trailer with different scenes once I finish more of my sprites. Again, thanks so much for taking the time to reply! :LZYgrin:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Game Ideas and Prototypes. Thank you.

If you want to post regularly about your game and get feedback, you should consider opening a thread in Games in Development.

Nytsud

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Game Ideas and Prototypes[/move]

If you want to post regularly about your game and get feedback, you should consider opening a thread in Games in Development.
Thanks! I was 50/50 on which place to post it in!

DadGuyDrawing

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love the trailer and the artwork looks beautiful. I'd agree on cutting the last section from the trailer. Also might be nice to have some kind of closing image or statement, it ends sort of abruptly.

If I were to offer some constructive criticism it is that the gameplay itself looks kind of boring (beautiful tilesets, sprites and environment though!).

You have really nice cinematics with the parallax stuff, and then it cuts to a character walking through empty environments with trees. Watching it I was like, "I guess its a game about walking around forests." Then I was kind of surprised by how the ending scene seemed nothing like the opening part. If you have some fast paced action that might be nice to splice in with the slower stuff, if its not that kind of game then I would take the most interesting parts of the game play and show that off.

This is far better than anything I have ever made, so my hats off to you! Just my two cents on improving the pacing of the trailer.

Nytsud

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love the trailer and the artwork looks beautiful. I'd agree on cutting the last section from the trailer. Also might be nice to have some kind of closing image or statement, it ends sort of abruptly.

If I were to offer some constructive criticism it is that the gameplay itself looks kind of boring (beautiful tilesets, sprites and environment though!).

You have really nice cinematics with the parallax stuff, and then it cuts to a character walking through empty environments with trees. Watching it I was like, "I guess its a game about walking around forests." Then I was kind of surprised by how the ending scene seemed nothing like the opening part. If you have some fast paced action that might be nice to splice in with the slower stuff, if its not that kind of game then I would take the most interesting parts of the game play and show that off.

This is far better than anything I have ever made, so my hats off to you! Just my two cents on improving the pacing of the trailer.
Thanks for the input! It's actually the game's intro, so not actually a "trailer", but I do plan on making one. I just have to finish up a lot more sprites before I can do that. The trailer will show actual gameplay and a lot more different environments.

DadGuyDrawing

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the input! It's actually the game's intro, so not actually a "trailer", but I do plan on making one. I just have to finish up a lot more sprites before I can do that. The trailer will show actual gameplay and a lot more different environments.
Wow, even better then!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A lot of story outlining I need to finish. Should only take a couple of days.
Signing divorce papers today. Still makes no sense to me that this is a step I need to take to get my hubby the help he needs and deserves :( Life is strange people and sometimes it throws you a curve ball you have no chance in hell of catching
Just laid down a sick nasty new post in the MagiCats! Infinite Sadness thread! Lemme give ya a big ol' hug for it.

bg6.jpg
MacAdams wrote on Frogboy's profile.
Hey is there an MZ set of D&D style plugins yet?
I've been putting down some notes for the battle system I want to implement in my game. I should be done with it all in a couple of days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monochrome4992