Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I am creating a game which has an ABS. When things are ''Calm" you can change your formation but when things are "Crazy" a further option screen opens up, through a common event, so you can control the AI of your party.

What I would like to know is how to "Pause" the game in the same way that bringing up the option menu does itself.
No matter what you're doing, or at which part of the proses you are in, if the menu option is accessible then it will freeze everything and then bring you back to that exact point which is what I'm looking for.

And also if anyone knows how to blur the screen in the same way that the menu option does if you have no background that would be amazing as well. Thanks

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
my side i use
PHP:
 SceneManager._scene._active = false;

Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not quite working as nothing seems to be working but thank you as its a nice start for me to look into

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not quite working as nothing seems to be working but thank you as its a nice start for me to look into
if i remember, when you say
it will freeze everything
its because rmmv , before change Scene and delete scene, it make a printScreen in bitmap.
this is confusing, because in fact the map or event no longer exists, these just a print image.
it gives you the impression that the game is paused, but in fact not really, you are just in a new scene in the manager, with a background bitmap from the last scene map.

hope this can help.

my side i use
SceneManager._scene._active = false; // pause interaction
SceneManager._scene._active = true; // allow again interaction.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Goes looking for assets, ends up creating memes. I have priorities?
i'm working on finishing an old game in vx ace (the first game i tried to make in vx ace), and it's making me realize how many things i've come to take for granted in mv (like the additional BCDE tile layer and the plugin manager).
It's ma birfday! Gonna chill and work on my project, editing some icons for my compass rn. Later It's pizza and a movie, maybe Blazing Saddles...
I really hope Google stadia/Amazon luna become successful household "consoles" in the future only because I could see it being 1000x easier to get RPG Maker and other indie games on their platforms & if so I PRAY they have gate keepers to keep half baked indie games out of the mix so they don't end up like steam/itch.io with 1000s of incomplete RM projects that continue to give our community a bad stigma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zabannith