Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When the game menu is pulled up, two effects are applied to the screen by default.
First, a posterization effect is applied, cutting down on the colors shown on screen.
Second, what appears to be a gaussian blur is added, further obscuring the screen.
1618274767255.png1618274778486.png
You can see an example of this happening here.

Which .JS library handles this effect? I cannot seem to find it in any of the relevant menu .js files.
I hope to learn how it handles these effects and possibly edit them.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Someone might be able to offer you more specific help. But my understanding is that what actually happens when you pull up the menu is the game takes a screenshot and then displays that as a background image beneath the menu. I don't know if that might help you find what you're looking for, I don't believe it's anything being applied to the actual map screen in real time.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
This is the End of the Endurance,everyone are celebrating the end of their Endurance

I just wondering what Menu for Tomorrow
Two years into developing my game and I just scrolled through the BaseResource Pack that comes with MV for the first time xD I never knew how much awesome stuff was in there. Also so many names I know from the forum, like Shaz & Archeia ... and that's not the only resource pack I found in the depth of my hard drive :0 Right now I'm both confused and hyped about all the stuff I own.
Decided to start watching Naruto; and not only is it a genuinely good series, but it's also very inspiring.
I just wish Funimation got its act together and fix the missing dubbed episodes.
Decided to work on my game a little bit, made this Motel looking building. I am still on temporary hiatus though as getting Therapy is more difficult than I thought.
Every game that has an option to choose to turn on the subtitle at the first time setup deserves an award.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sslushie