Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When the game menu is pulled up, two effects are applied to the screen by default.
First, a posterization effect is applied, cutting down on the colors shown on screen.
Second, what appears to be a gaussian blur is added, further obscuring the screen.
1618274767255.png1618274778486.png
You can see an example of this happening here.

Which .JS library handles this effect? I cannot seem to find it in any of the relevant menu .js files.
I hope to learn how it handles these effects and possibly edit them.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Someone might be able to offer you more specific help. But my understanding is that what actually happens when you pull up the menu is the game takes a screenshot and then displays that as a background image beneath the menu. I don't know if that might help you find what you're looking for, I don't believe it's anything being applied to the actual map screen in real time.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I feel so dumb I forgot to set parameters and thought the plugin wasn't working
I can come up with all of the magic skills in the world, but I can hardly think of creative physical weapon skills within the JRPG realm. One of those ones....
It's time for episode 19 of our Make a Cliff Map in RPG Maker MZ... I mean, Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ! Today we're working on our cliff map again. Let's see if we can finish it this time!

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O-NegativeMess