paying collaborators or not

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jessee_p, Apr 14, 2018.

1. jessee_p

jessee_p Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys,

New to this forum but definitely not new to RPG Maker. I've got a big project that I want to approach professionally, even though it is nonetheless a passion project made in my own time.

Just wondering how people in this forum find collaborators on your project, and whether you've actually had to pay people for their services in the making of this game (which ultimately won't make you money).

My project is a fan-fiction from a licensed and copyrighted Anime series, so I definitely cannot make any money from selling the game, but I feel uncomfortable asking people doing stuff for free.

Long story short: how do I find volunteer artists or sound mixers?

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @jessee_p The Resource section is full of assets, both graphics and music, which people have created precisely for others to use for free. So yes, you can find a lot of what you need, and probably the vast majority of people here have used at least some of them at one time or another.

We also have a Project Recruitment section for free collaborators, and I suggest you look through it to see who is already offering their services. I know that sound engineers have had threads on there, but I don't know if there are any at the moment.

Before answering your second question, please do not double post like that. If you want to add something simply edit your earlier post to include the additional information/comment/question.

Not everyone is going to discuss their funding arrangements in public posts. These can also be highly varied from funds from family/friends, through Kickstarter or other crowdfunding sources, or (very rare) from a commercial backer. Because that second question is not appropriate to this particular forum, I will remove it and suggest you start a fresh thread about it in the forum 'Commercial RPGMaker Discussion'.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Wavelength and Guiguimu like this.
  3. jessee_p

jessee_p Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks Kes

Still new to the forum and the politics on here. Feel like being a new user, people are less willing to reply. So thanks for the advice. I haven't seen the Commercial discussion forum. I shall look out for it..