PC Crashed and JSON files wont load anymore!! Please Help!!

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
My computer crashed and now when I load up rpg maker mv and try to open my game, it gives me an error "Unable to read file Actors.json"

I've tried to just replace the actors.json file, but then it says the same for each and every json file in the folder, and the plugins.js file.

pretty much all the data in the game is gone unless someone can help me fix this.

here's my data folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n32he0gtdeb2g5i/data.rar

if anyone has any solutions to this please respond.

this game has taken up ALOT of my time to be just thrown away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Sounds like your project files were corrupted or damaged. I would make a new project and slowly start moving old project files over. 

Do your .json files last. They have all your database information so if you can still read those you'll be able to copy/redo those. 
Hopefully your Map files end up working. I would go into the new project and make as many empty maps as your old project had and try to copy the .jsons over. 

If you don't have a backup you may have already lost a lot of your project. 
I'm not too sure what else you can do. Maybe someone else can offer some better advice.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to do the files that it asks for first. So if it's saying Actors.json, then do Actors.json, and on through the rest of the database.

Any chance you have a backup somewhere?

There's no need to load the entire project up - ALL resources are in there, whether you've used them or not. All that's really needed is your data folder.

Did you copy the files away somewhere before you replaced them, when it started giving you errors? If you did, we might be able to salvage some of it. If you didn't, and just overwrote them, and you don't have a backup, there's nothing anyone can do to help you.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
yeah, i tried copying everything over and slowly starting moving over the json files, made as many maps as my game has.

It only works if the json files are new, but the maps are still there, but no events or map info.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
sorry for the double post, i don't have a backup of my game, but i did make a backup of the files before i started messing around with them.

I put up a link in the first post of my data folder.

when i replaced the actors.json to test it, it asks for classes.json and just keeps going down the list and asks for every single json file EXCEPT for only the MapXXX.json files.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
sorry but apparently your project is gone... you need profesional in data recovering to be able to fix that and that cost really a lot.

make sure to backup regularly... especially if using RPG Maker....

hopefully Tsukihime convert his Backup script from ACE to MV soon... that script is a real lifesaver back in ACE.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aidensmercy, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you need to add more info, just edit your last post.

Yeah, the database files in that zip are fried. But I do see your map data. And there is event data in them. So you may not have to start over completely.

I suggest you create a new project, add 108 maps to it, save and close. Then copy the maps from the file you uploaded over those 108 new files. When you open the project again, your maps SHOULD be there. You may have to change some settings - display name will be okay, but the name in the map list will need to be changed). You might also need to set up the tilesets correctly if you've added new ones, before the maps display correctly in the editor.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
dang, this sucks.. thanks for all the help anyway, I guess I have a long road ahead of me, again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BwadeZ