Pearl ABS Animation Issue/Request

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by gregbaby, Aug 5, 2017.

1. gregbaby

gregbaby Evil Genius. o_O Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello all,

I use Falcoas Pearl ABS V3.

LINK

So the ABS will show animations on screen depending on the type of damage you've set to a weapon so a fire weapon will show burning on the enemy on screen etc etc etc yada yada yada.

I need a way to be able to control the animations on screen, i.e maybe a script call to turn off an events animations showing on screen to (make way for a new animation of my choice). Is this at all possible?

I have events that run animations upon "death" but at present if they're affected by a particular state (burning etc) this can sometimes override my desired animation, it appears its the way the ABS is setup and I've read the documentation .

I've checked the script call list for VX ACE but couldn't find anything to clear animations on screen only to display an animation.

Anybody able to help?

In summary I need a way to stop an events on screen animations so that I can play a new animation without it glitching out on me.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just a heads up - all threads for Script Requests go into a moderation queue, nothing personal about this.

gregbaby likes this.
  3. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It's not the way the ABS is set up, it is the way the default engine handles animations.
    Only one can be displayed at once on characters. Very limiting indeed, but for some reason, this is how it works by default.
    To change this, the whole animation system must be reworked.

But if you want to clear an animation manually, you can always try these script calls:
    Code:
    @animation_id = 0 # In a move route command.
    character_object.animation_id = 0 # In regular script calls.
    The character_object must be a valid variable or method which returns a Game_Character object, such as $game_player, $game_map.events[id], etc.
    Once the animation gets cleared, you can show a new one with the same script calls or by using the default event command for it.

gregbaby likes this.
  4. gregbaby

gregbaby Evil Genius. o_O Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey Sixth,

Yeah it's definately limited alright! I tried the script calls above but alas no joy!

(EDIT: The animation I'm calling to play upon death is playing but only if the state animations aren't running at all, if it's even 1 frame into the burning animation the death animation doesnt play.)

I think I need to find a way of removing a state from the enemy also before the next animation will play.

I'm looking through the Pearl ABS Kernal at the states script lines trying to figure out a way of calling a script to disable the state at the moment but am mostly getting crashes as I don't know what I'm doing lol!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017