Dragon_Soul

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might just be stupid, but how do I make a percent chance happen through common events. I have a skill I called "Raw Power", it increases your attack by 100% for 3 turns, but each use has the chance to inflict rage. How would I make this happen at a 25% chance rate?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I might just be stupid, but how do I make a percent chance happen through common events. I have a skill I called "Raw Power", it increases your attack by 100% for 3 turns, but each use has the chance to inflict rage. How would I make this happen at a 25% chance rate?
Sounds like the "100% attack up for 3 turns" and "rage" should just be two separate states that can be applied by the same skill. The first effect for 100% chance, rage effect for 25% chance.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The above would be the best way to go, probably. But in the unlikely case you still need it to happen through a Common Event, you roll a random number between 1-4 on a variable (can be any variable, just use a temporary use variable for it). Then below that a conditional branch that checks whether the variable is at 1, and if so apply the special state to the user (this is easy to know if it's the only character that can use the skill, it'll be a lot more complicated if more characters can use it).

Dragon_Soul

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I understand? Can I see either or of these in a image so I know if I am understanding it?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Dragon_Soul
Thinking something like this on a skill in the skills tab of the database in RMMZ should do the trick, except I just used a couple of random states, you can specify whatever states your game leverages instead. (the stuff around the red marking)
1620766529705.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm thinking about opening a "game in development" thread, though i'm not entirely sure yet. It's still really early in development, and most i have to show are assets or really chaotic map WIPs. There is a lot of story +the world itself though, and i struggle with converting all of my notes into readable text, and a thread might help...?
I see a button in a game, I press it. Cannot resist the temptation even if I know it's a trap.
There's a different game over screen for each of the 4 endings in Forest Star (my Touch the Stars game jam entry). Have you seen this one? :wink:
PartyGameOver.png
So many ideas, so little energy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinokami