Perform Actions in a certain order?

laurellrose

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi, so I creating a simple room escape game, and I'm a bit stuck. I basically want the player to perform actions in a certain order, and if they don't it won't trigger the next part of the event. On my event pages I want to perform "turn hot tap" and then "turn cold tap," but not the other way round. I feel like there must be a simple way of doing it that I'm just missing (fairly new to the program.) I hope this makes some sense, if not I'll try and clarify what I mean more.

Attachments

• help1.png
    help1.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 5
  • help2.png
    help2.png
    24 KB · Views: 5

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
variables counting up

you assign each step to a number (and there can be much more than two steps as long as each step has a different number).
on each action, you check the current number. if the number means that the current action is the correct one in the sequence, you count the variable up. if there is a different number, you set the variable to zero.

turn hot tap counts up if the number is zero
turn cold tap counts up if the number is one
step 37 counts up if the number is 36

laurellrose

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
variables counting up

you assign each step to a number (and there can be much more than two steps as long as each step has a different number).
on each action, you check the current number. if the number means that the current action is the correct one in the sequence, you count the variable up. if there is a different number, you set the variable to zero.

turn hot tap counts up if the number is zero
turn cold tap counts up if the number is one
step 37 counts up if the number is 36

Got it working, thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The "docs" are honestly soo frustrating. Eg. positionType : "Returns the current position type of the message window." Yes, great. could you please also tell me if 0 was bottom or top, so i don't have to start a playtest to see, because i keep forgetting it all the time, and what are the docs even for, if not that? (it's top btw...)

Here's the combat sprite of Azrael one of the main characters of our game,
with and without weapon.
Hope it's good.
https://discord.gg/Q2uS6Str
The one thing I've always struggled with is creating a story, it halts every single project I've ever worked on. We must be in the twilight zone because I've actually come up with a plot, from beginning to end (it kinda wrote itself). I may very well be on my way to creating my first proper little game, yay!
Oh, wow!
6VDEms4.png

Still need one or two "placeholder" asset things and then I'm venturing into custom windows + menus!
(I'm a little scared, lol)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
etanara0083