Performance issue with HIME_ParameterTables plugin.

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Soulrender, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Soulrender

Soulrender Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Poland
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm struggling with very strange issue with this plugin (wich is great anyway), but let's get to the point.

When the game start (both deployed and test-mode) on the begining loading main menu game freezes for few seconds and becomes laggy in random time intervals... At first I tought I had system overloaded with junk so I let go this problem and completly forgot about it.

But there is a time when you need to reinstall system, so I did it two days ago and checked project... You should see how I was surprised, when the game performance didn't change... I met today my local hardware service guy to ask about replacement of my HDD. But he adviced me to run some diagnostics of my HDD's and here are results.

Primary disk (SSD)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Secondary disk (HDD)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FurMark results
    [​IMG]

Windows ratings
    [​IMG]

For two hours I switch ON / OFF this plugin HIME_ParameterTables.js
    checking game performance on various situations and I can now say beign absolutely sure that when plugin is OFF - game works perfectly fine, solid 60FPS from start to close without any drop down whole time, but when plugin is ON - game performance jumps randomly and as I said earlier - system is just reinstalled - I didn't even installed printer drivers yet.

So I would like to ask about any ideas how to solve my problem or point me for other plugin allowing me to load actors params from external file.

I think all necesary data is provided, I'll remain in this topic until 22:00 to provide any other informations that might help.
    Thank you in advance.

2. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can you provide a link to the plugin?

I guess there are a few options:

1. You can live without this functionality in your project

2. Somebody can help suggest an alternate method to get that functionality. Maybe it won't be exactly the same though.

3. Somebody can optimize or patch that plugin to be more efficient

Something that would really help is if you can replicate the issue in a new project with only that plugin. Maybe it's only a problem when combined with something else, it's good if you can eliminate that possibility.

Soulrender likes this.
  3. Soulrender

First Language:
    Poland
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Aloe Guvner - Here is the link http://himeworks.com/2016/01/parameter-tables-mv/
    I could get rid of this plugin and use default database curve draw for my classes, but I'd like to check all possibilities to fix my problem.
    Your point #2 could be good and I'm open to proposition.

Point #3 - I doubt any one would do it for me. But I ask for that after your suggestion running it on new blank project.

Edit: I checked that plugin on empty project - it's the same, maybe even worse. ;]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  4. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I run that plugin and I can say that I don't have any performance issues from it other than on initial load.

5. Soulrender

First Language:
    Poland
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's why I'm trying to figure out where is problem.

6. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I also have this plugin in my project..yet to set it up but will do today at some point and let you know if I get same problem :) what version of MV are you using?

7. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Soulrender Can you share your setup?
    How many classes use the tables, how many tables, how big is each table, etc.

Looking through the plugin, if multiple classes or actors use the same table then it loads that table from the CSV multiple times instead of just once. That's an optimization that could be made to improve the load time, if that's applicable to your case.

I don't see anything that would indicate why it's laggy at random intervals. The way that it accesses the parameter values seems fine.

Can you, during test play, open the console by pressing F8. Then press F5 to reload the game with the console open and share a screenshot of the Console tab and the Network tab (select the XHR filter on Network tab)?

8. Soulrender

First Language:
    Poland
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Aloe Guvner - my Game uses only 5 classes, each class has similar build:
    Code:
    Level,Max HP,Max MP,Attack,Defense,Magical Attack,Magical Defense,Agility,Luck

The only one thing I modified in this plugin is reading path and I set to following format:
    Code:
    params/${actorName}/db.csv

so the notetag in actor is
    Code:
    <parameter table: params/soulrender/db />

but that has nothing to do with. Clean plugin causes the same issue.
    Anyway, each class has assigned one file, here are screenshots of my console, but they are basicly empty
    maybe except that ogg music and it's time/latency.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If this still goes on I really get obnoxious and I write my own class maker for RMMV and trim that classes.json file.

9. Soulrender

First Language:
    Poland
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I solved my problem - I removed plugin and I made "my!" classes.json file.