Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Around 2 hours ago I started topic with adding custom perks for actor and @zelanius gave me excelent plugin - in this topic, but after two hours of "working" (watching youtube and painting maps in MV) I come with idea to levelup those perks. It would look like this:

Actor X has a custom perk, let's call it: Spirit Link (3 levels), so whenever I desire I can add those 3 perk points to level up that perk to level 3 (1 perk point for 1 perk upgrade).

Oh! I know how to more precisely describe: I wish to have those perks upgade'able like in The Sims 1 : cooking, mechanical, charizma, etc)

Will someone attempt to create a patch / edit that plugin to behave like that?

zelanius

Everyman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, you could always try to make the individual perks of each level. For example, I have a perk that regens 5HP/round, and a stronger version that regens 15 HP/round but requires me to take the first perk first, it will look something like:

<perk>
<name: HP Regen +5/Turn>
<requirements>
level: 2
</requirements>
<rewards>
state: 92
</rewards>
<description>
(Recovery Perk) HP Regen +5/Turn
</description>
</perk>

<perk>
<name: HP Regen +15/Turn>
<requirements>
level: 3
</requirements>
<rewards>
state: 93
</rewards>
<description>
(Recovery Perk) HP Regen +15/Turn
</description>
</perk>

Perks are cumulative, so if you want the stronger version to override (e.g. Spirit Link Lvl 1 does x, and Spirit Link Lvl 2 does x times 2 but disables Spirit Link Lvl 1, then you can always put the difference, so that Spirit Link Lvl 2 does x time 2 minus Spirit Link Lvl 1 which does x, and use your description to flavour it accordingly to say that it will override Spirit Link Lvl 1). Hope this works for you.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought about that solution all night, and i called my friend in the middle of the night wich is great fan of rpgs and he told me its better to make them upgradeable, than unlocking them by learning perk of lower tier like you mentioned.

zelanius

Everyman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the RPG Maker game that I can think of that best fit what you need will be Eternal Twilight. However, I have no idea which plugin was used to have the effect of what you want, so you might have to do some research there.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@zelanius Thank you, if that game isn't protected in anyway then I have a look inside JS plugins and see how it's done, then I try to make own perk system or at least I try to adjust MrTriviel's plugin to my needs.
I doubt if anyone will try to answer to my requests so if I fail, then I'll come up with plan B, wich is primitive, crude and noobish, but it will work :)
Yanfly's menu variables and custom perks stored in gameVariables, there will be lot of them, but my teacher at university long time ago told me, that making games is not about making a game, but creatively solve problems during game develop. However I would like to avoid that plan B, but if I fail then I'll deal with it and go on. :)

Sample:
Code:
//My custom perk
$gameVariables.setValue(100, x);
switch ($gameVariables.value(100){
case 1: {return 50; //(skill power boost); break;}
case 2: {return 90; //(skill power boost); break;}
}
and so on :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wow.... My last map GIF got 47 likes, 16 retweet and 2,105 views on Twitter in 24 hours. My game thread here's only got 3k views in 6-7 months. I guess building my Twitter was insanely worth it. :LZSexcite:
working hard working hard working hard >:)
Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhimsicalFae