DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Introduction/Features

This plugin adds permadeath to the game. If an actor is dead at the end of battle and the battle isn't set to "can lose", they will be removed from the party.

You can prevent individual party members from having permadeath and you can also prevent whoever the leader is from having permadeath.

You can use a switch to toggle permadeath on or off at any time.

* ============================================================================
* Actor Notetags
* Use <NoPermadeath> to prevent an actor from being removed at the end of
* battle after dying.
* Use <NoPermadeathSwitch: x> with x as the switch id to specify a switch
* that when on, disables permadeath for the actor.
* Terms Of Use
* Free to use and modify for commercial and noncommercial games, with credit.
* Credits
* DreamX

Script

Perr_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
With this plugin I can make a 'Hardcore mode'. Interesting!

My team is making a game that player can hire some mercerneries in his party. There, mercerneries disappear when they die. This plugin would be good at this system. Thanks!

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Wow, this plugin alone gave me new ideas for games...  (romancing saga system) and on that note, is there any way to add a new stat for this plugin, called LP (life points)

like in the saga series, each character has their own LP stat, and when they die in battle, they lose 1 LP, when they run out of LP, then its PermaDeath. Is this at all possible to do with this plugin?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, this plugin alone gave me new ideas for games...  (romancing saga system) and on that note, is there any way to add a new stat for this plugin, called LP (life points)

like in the saga series, each character has their own LP stat, and when they die in battle, they lose 1 LP, when they run out of LP, then its PermaDeath. Is this at all possible to do with this plugin?
Sure. Download the latest version.

Code:
 * Use <NoPermadeathVariable: x> with x as the variable id to specify a 
 * variable that when greater than 0, disables permadeath for the actor. 
 * This variable decrements each time the battler dies unless permadeath is 
 * disabled for them otherwise.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Sure. Download the latest version.

* Use <NoPermadeathVariable: x> with x as the variable id to specify a
* variable that when greater than 0, disables permadeath for the actor.
* This variable decrements each time the battler dies unless permadeath is
* disabled for them otherwise.
amazing! 

thank you very much for this!

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Nice, now we can create roguelike dungeon crawlers! :D

YeuldtheEld

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How would I go about retaining Equipment on death?

FDSuprema

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is a pretty neat idea! Though it doesn't seem as though there's a way to easily check if the actor has permadied, so you can't have events acknowledge that said character is dead. I don't think it'd be too difficult to either add a 'Permadead' boolean variable to the actor data, OR have a switch that turns on when the character has died.

faerin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much! This is an awesome plugin!

I can still see the character in my team after dying though, and they can still be brought back to life with revival skill or item. I turned on the switch that states "ID of switch that activates permadeath", the character doesn't have <Nopermadeath> tag nor that the battle has "can lose" option ticked, and the plugin is set to ON. What did I missed?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a pretty neat idea! Though it doesn't seem as though there's a way to easily check if the actor has permadied, so you can't have events acknowledge that said character is dead. I don't think it'd be too difficult to either add a 'Permadead' boolean variable to the actor data, OR have a switch that turns on when the character has died.
v.1.2:

Added parameter to set the variable turned on in the actor object when they have permanently died

With the default parameter setting, an example of how to use this to check would be like this:

$gameActors.actor(x)._permaDied

with x as the actor id

Also added this notetag:

* Use <PermadeathIndicatorSwitch: x> with x as the switch id to specify a
* switch that will be turned on when an actor has permanently died.

Thank you so much! This is an awesome plugin!

I can still see the character in my team after dying though, and they can still be brought back to life with revival skill or item. I turned on the switch that states "ID of switch that activates permadeath", the character doesn't have <Nopermadeath> tag nor that the battle has "can lose" option ticked, and the plugin is set to ON. What did I missed?
I am not getting this error. Can you use this to make a demo showing this problem and upload it to dropbox.com? Thanks

faerin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am not getting this error. Can you use this to make a demo showing this problem and upload it to dropbox.com? Thanks

Oh! It worked now that I downloaded your .js file from the link instead of copy + paste it! But may I ask if there's anything that prevent a character permadeath by default?

I have Harold, Therese, Marsha and Lucius in the party, the latter 3 are level 1 with 1 HP and Harold is with no permadeath tag. In the battle, Therese Marsha and Lucius were killed, and they were removed from the party afterwards except for Marsha who can still be revived. I tried again with 3 people (Harold, Therese and Marsha) and did the same thing (sorry Therese, sorry Marsha) but Marsha's still in the party with 0 HP! She has no tag either.

Before battle:

After:

I also uploaded a demo here as example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nc28cnpfr3uwobe/Permadeath%20Demo.rar?dl=0

Would you mind having a look at it and please let me know if I went wrong somewhere? Thank you so very much!

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh! It worked now that I downloaded your .js file from the link instead of copy + paste it! But may I ask if there's anything that prevent a character permadeath by default?

I have Harold, Therese, Marsha and Lucius in the party, the latter 3 are level 1 with 1 HP and Harold is with no permadeath tag. In the battle, Therese Marsha and Lucius were killed, and they were removed from the party afterwards except for Marsha who can still be revived. I tried again with 3 people (Harold, Therese and Marsha) and did the same thing (sorry Therese, sorry Marsha) but Marsha's still in the party with 0 HP! She has no tag either.

Before battle:

After:

I also uploaded a demo here as example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nc28cnpfr3uwobe/Permadeath%20Demo.rar?dl=0

Would you mind having a look at it and please let me know if I went wrong somewhere? Thank you so very much!
Thanks, the script has been updated to fix a bug with removing more than one party member from permadeath. Let me know if you have any further issues.

Neuralsplyce

<error: witty or funny saying not found.>
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sweet. Adds a 'Red Shirt'/Private Jenkins functionality to the game.

Mr.Chris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way that you can display a 'downed' body graphic of the pernadead actor?

I'm talking about the graphic on the map as well as the portrait graphic found in the menu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

I just like this website:
lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takufy