Permanently Changing Character Dialogue

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Sneakup64, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Sneakup64

Sneakup64 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi, I recently just started using RPG MAKER VX ACE, I'm rather new, I'm looking to permanently change dialogue of a character  (when I talk to the character first and then talk to them again the dialogue is different then the first time), I tried using switches but whenever the switch activates my character can no longer move, I checked that map and I don't see any auto runs :(

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    That's weird... it should work correctly... anyway, you can try self-switches

3. Shablo5

Shablo5 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It's all in your execution of the event page. I'm a little rusty these days, but all you should have to do is have a first page as usual, triggering a switch depending on what you want, then setup your second page requiring that switch on, set the graphic, movement settings, etc and then put the new dialogue in there.

4. Arin

Arin Tonight...we dine...in-oh a piece of candy! Veteran

First Language:
    Fraglspock
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Also check and make sure you don't have any scripts that conflict with the switch you are turning on and off.

5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You've got something happening that's conditioned on that switch. Show us your event - both pages, and include the full window, not just the commands.

Let us know if you're using any custom scripts, and also check your common events for any autorun event that's conditioned by that switch.