Youhadabadday

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While this does relate to my current RPG Maker Persona fangame I'm working on, I'm asking this here due to the subject matter. In Persona 3-5, what standard RPG character class does each character fit? Here's what I got so far:

Makoto Yuki, Yu Narukami, Joker: The Hero, Obviously.
Yukari Takeba, Yukiko Amagi, Morgana: The Cleric/Healer.
Ryuji Sakamoto, Kanji Tatsumi: The Tank.
Yosuke Hanamura, Ann Takamaki: The DPS.
Makoto Nijima, Teddie: The Jack-Of-All-Trades/Trickster.
Chie Satonaka, Haru Okumura: The Offensive Paladins.
Naoto Shirogane, Kasumi Yoshizawa: The Defensive Paladins.
Goro Akechi: The Berserker.

I have a good chunk of them, but I need clarification, as well as info on some of the others.

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The main characters of Persona 4 and 5 can be anything you build their personas to be as they can switch at will. I've never played 3 though so I wouldn't know. Also, in P5 Joker is referred to as the trickster.

Traverse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Main character aside, you can also largely work out which archetype or character class a character is from the Arcana they represent. Well, with the exception of Magician, which isn't typically going to be a mage-type, but a more DPS-oriented class as you've noted. Most of the rest is going to be determinable from the kind of equipment they use.

Using Persona 4 as an example:

Yosuke - Thief/Rogue (Speed-focused, Ninja Persona, double knives).
Chie - Monk or Fighter (Unarmed at base, Spear-using "Chariot" Persona, Physical-heavy, bad at magic)
Yukiko - Cleric/Wizard ("Priestess", Magic-focused)
Kanji - Barbarian (Even heavier physically than Chie, even worse magically, Persona looks like one)
Teddie - Paladin (Physical attacker with healing magic)
Naoto - Ranger/Warlock (Ranged attacker, uses death magic)

Naoto in particular is definitely not a Paladin as she is defensively frail and has the highest speed stat of all characters in the game. I'd also say Ann is mainly a mage/wizard given her clear focus on offensive magic.

Kirri

Imagining Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The main characters of Persona 4 and 5 can be anything you build their personas to be as they can switch at will. I've never played 3 though so I wouldn't know. Also, in P5 Joker is referred to as the trickster.
How could you not play Persona 3? It's like the most original and most intense out of the 3 for me. (I mean, Persona 4 and 5 feels way too manufactured) And yes, main protagonist of Persona 3 also can use multiple persona. All the Persona series main protagonist can use multiple persona.

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How could you not play Persona 3? It's like the most original and most intense out of the 3 for me. (I mean, Persona 4 and 5 feels way too manufactured) And yes, main protagonist of Persona 3 also can use multiple persona. All the Persona series main protagonist can use multiple persona.
I do not have Persona 3 nor have I had a chance to get it. Otherwise I would have played it.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

To be specific, Minato, Yu, and Ren (P3, P4, and P5 protagonists respectively) can all use multiple Personas, and every character in P1, P2: Innocent Sin, and P2: Eternal Punishment can also do the same.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quite the versatile cast so far :p

chars.PNG

Edit: Sprites are made by Alexdraws and TheMightyPalm. I just edited them.
Degica Games Turn Komodo | RPG Maker News #77

Well, rats. Was really looking forward to trying out FPS Creator, but trying to install and set it up was pretty much impossible for my tiny brain to comprehend. So much for that, then.
Ah, home once more! I think I can safely work on my games now.
Let's hope power remains on for the day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon787