Finneess

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Also I found that this happens when you try to perform a Special Fusion while "Order Matters" is false, and even while looking at the code I really can't tell what causes the bug.
1589664342775.png1589664365307.png
Edit: Forgot to clarify, but the Pabilsag's are there for testing purposes, and are unrelated to the bug.

Last edited:

vFoggy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yep, the first error is fixed! I eventually discovered what the error with the social links was: The error mentioned that Sprite_SocialLink was uninitialized (the past script showed a different error message). In fact, searching for that class held no results. I then went to the demo project and copied this chunk of code, pasting it at the top of the Arcana section:

Code:
class Sprite_SocialLink < Sprite

def initialize(viewport, name)

viewport.z = 100

super(viewport)

@name = name

update_bitmap

end

def dispose

bitmap.dispose if bitmap

super

end

def update_bitmap

if @name.nil?

self.bitmap = nil

else

self.bitmap = Cache.picture(@name)

end

end

end

This fixed the issue, it seems the class was missing.

Regarding the tags, I tried them out. The tag to hide the class doesn't affect the fusion screen, as it appears like: "Arsene LV1 Arsene", when the tag should make that "Arsene LV1 Fool", or "Arsene LV1" if this tag just hides the class name and doesn't change it to the nickname. Once again, it's an easy change in the code, but it's just a heads up.

I should also note, even though you can't have two of the same persona, you can fuse a persona that you already have. For example, Arsene + Pixie = Agathion. If I have all three, I can still attempt to craft Agathion. Would it be difficult to add a restriction where you can't craft the persona if you already have it? If so, and if you could implement it, I'd be really grateful.

Furthermore, expanding on the question I asked about the number of personas: I'll be using it to prevent the user from carrying too many personas. I'm using an event to make personas craftable using shards from the respective arcana, which drop from enemies of that same arcana. Simply verifying if the number of personas is equal to the limit would be enough to deny the crafting. And so, players would have to delete a persona from their inventory to make room for another one. How would I go about making a menu to remove a persona from my inventory? Or would it be possible to change the persona menu so a remove option is implemented?
Also I found that this happens when you try to perform a Special Fusion while "Order Matters" is false, and even while looking at the code I really can't tell what causes the bug.
Edit: Forgot to clarify, but the Pabilsag's are there for testing purposes, and are unrelated to the bug.

Thanks for the bug reports. All have been fixed. Also, I added the persona release feature. Note that the default button for the release messes up with the page up/down buttons (you can change the release button from the Person Options module).
Changes:
  • You can now release a persona from the Personas menu.
  • You can no longer fuse personas that result into one that already exists in the party.
  • Fixed incorrect arcana name being drawn in fusion results window.
  • Fixed missing Sprite classes.
  • Fixed unordered special fusion bug.

Finneess

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I found some bugs while testing:
- Game crashes when trying to equip a persona on the menu while you don't have any.
- Releasing the last persona of the list leaves an empty space, and interacting with it crashes the game.
1589747781027.png
- You can release a Persona even if you have it equipped.
- You can release a Persona even if it's your last one, meaning the player could be in a hyphotetical situation where they can't get anymore Personas.
- Sometimes when trying to perform Normal Fusion this bugs happens where the Result window shows that you can fuse a Persona with itself, despite this not happening. The fusion still will only happen when choosing the Personas in the correct order, whether Order Matters is true or false.
1589748319174.png

Unrelated to the bugs, I wonder if there's anyway to forcefully remove/equip Personas via script calls? I tried to code it guiding myself on how the game does so when you equip or release them on the menu, but I can't really get it to work. This would just be a silly dev-tool anyway, so it doesn't really matter if it's not there.

NameNotFound

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Would it be possible to get the persona's note tags and add them to the owner of said persona? Example:

1589821821683.png

Using Yanfly's element absorb and reflect scripts, this would make it so the actor reflects gun attacks, while absorbing physical attacks. I'd like if I could transfer these tags to the owner of the persona when equipped. Something like:

1589822069763.png

The note tags in that list would be transferred over to the author. I don't know if this is actually possible, so I might just be babbling.

Finneess

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Using Yanfly's element absorb and reflect scripts, this would make it so the actor reflects gun attacks, while absorbing physical attacks.
Related to that, if I recall correctly on the Persona status menu it only says if the Persona is strong or weak to an element, and not if it's nul/drain/repel (I may be wrong, but can't test it out right now) it would be nice to have that feature if it's not too hard to do

NameNotFound

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Related to that, if I recall correctly on the Persona status menu it only says if the Persona is strong or weak to an element, and not if it's nul/drain/repel (I may be wrong, but can't test it out right now) it would be nice to have that feature if it's not too hard to do

A custom text / icon option should fix that, something where there's an option for you to put text / an icon for a specific element. A way I used to improvise this was to use a stat that doesn't have any impact on the persona user (like the experience gain, which I set to 0.0 in the configuration) to show "Nul" / "Dr" / "Rpl"

vFoggy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I found some bugs while testing:
- Game crashes when trying to equip a persona on the menu while you don't have any.
- Releasing the last persona of the list leaves an empty space, and interacting with it crashes the game.
View attachment 144165
- You can release a Persona even if you have it equipped.
- You can release a Persona even if it's your last one, meaning the player could be in a hyphotetical situation where they can't get anymore Personas.
- Sometimes when trying to perform Normal Fusion this bugs happens where the Result window shows that you can fuse a Persona with itself, despite this not happening. The fusion still will only happen when choosing the Personas in the correct order, whether Order Matters is true or false.
View attachment 144166

Unrelated to the bugs, I wonder if there's anyway to forcefully remove/equip Personas via script calls? I tried to code it guiding myself on how the game does so when you equip or release them on the menu, but I can't really get it to work. This would just be a silly dev-tool anyway, so it doesn't really matter if it's not there.
Releasing an equipped/last persona were intended. I have added additional message information for the user when releasing (if the persona is equipped and if it is the actor's last one).
Also fixed all other bugs (and more that I found).
Changes:
  • Personas window now correctly does not take any input if there are no personas.
  • Fixed empty line in personas window after releasing the last persona on the list (selects first persona).
  • Added additional messages to message window when release a persona (if persona is equipped or if it is the actor's last persona).
  • Correctly handles unordered persona fusion.
  • Personas that are already in the party have now disabled color in the results window.
  • Minor bug fixes.
Related to your questions at the end.
You can remove a persona from an actor by calling the remove_persona method, for example:
Code:
$game_party.all_members[0].remove_actor
which removes the first actor's persona.
You can change an actor's persona with the change_persona and force_change_persona:
Code:
$game_party.all_members[0].change_persona($game_party.personas[0])
which will change the first actor's persona to the first persona in the party.
The force_change_persona method does not check for equip requirements (player level or if it is available)

Some other calls that will seem helpful:
Code:
$game_party.personas # returns all personas in the party
$game_party.actors_persona(actor_id) # returns personas in party that actor can equip

Would it be possible to get the persona's note tags and add them to the owner of said persona? Example:

View attachment 144297

Using Yanfly's element absorb and reflect scripts, this would make it so the actor reflects gun attacks, while absorbing physical attacks. I'd like if I could transfer these tags to the owner of the persona when equipped. Something like:

View attachment 144298

The note tags in that list would be transferred over to the author. I don't know if this is actually possible, so I might just be babbling.
Transferring notetags is not that simple, especially in this case. Persona's stats apply to the actor only when specific methods are called (param, element_rate etc) and in the case of Yanfly's script, there aren't many. I will not include this compatibility inside the system as it only applies to this one. It can be coded quite easily by extending the element_rate method from Game_Actor class of the system.

Last edited:

Killtias

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi there! This looks amazing! I Been looking for something like this for quite a while! (years since i began using the program).

Checking the scripts and all got me thinking : would it be possible to use the Persona fusion functionality in a different approach? Let's say, i wanted to make just more "actors" (demons, ala Shin Megami Tensei mainline games) and not "Personas" exactly. Would it be just a matter of removing the tags of the "Persona Users", removing the ability to equip them and change in battle be enough? Can't wait to try this when i get home.

Great job!

NameNotFound

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Transferring notetags is not that simple, especially in this case. Persona's stats apply to the actor only when specific methods are called (param, element_rate etc) and in the case of Yanfly's script, there aren't many. I will not include this compatibility inside the system as it only applies to this one. It can be coded quite easily by extending the element_rate method from Game_Actor class of the system.

I don't have much experience with scripting, at least with Ruby... Would I have to edit this script, where the elemental rates are calculated? What should I do? Sorry, I just don't know >.<

Finneess

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I found some bugs:
- You can't release Personas anymore (maybe it's not a bug and just I overlooked something, but after testing it with different setups I still can't do it)
- You can only release a Persona from the status menu
1590369011997.png
- If you release the last Persona of the list after releasing the equipped one while you can't equip the first one that goes next (for example, if said Persona has level requeriment), the user will be without any persona equipped.
1590369288292.png
- Opening the Social Link window while having no Social Link causes an empty line bug similar to the one in the Persona status menu
1590369366489.png

Asides from that, I've tested the script calls, and they work perfectly. I'll keep testing to see if I can find something more.

Sato1999

Yangfly Master(Previously)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This looks freakin awesome, I would definitely use it next time I start up a fresh project, this opens many possibilities.

vFoggy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello!
Took me a while but I have updated the script with more bug fixes, made some changes etc.
You can check the original post for more info!
Hi there! This looks amazing! I Been looking for something like this for quite a while! (years since i began using the program).

Checking the scripts and all got me thinking : would it be possible to use the Persona fusion functionality in a different approach? Let's say, i wanted to make just more "actors" (demons, ala Shin Megami Tensei mainline games) and not "Personas" exactly. Would it be just a matter of removing the tags of the "Persona Users", removing the ability to equip them and change in battle be enough? Can't wait to try this when i get home.

Great job!
It is possible but I will need some more info. Hit me up with a private message if you're still interested!

Drogazy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Great job! It is really interesting. Let's see what I can do with it :)
I got an error. :/

Attachments

• Persona Error.png
    Persona Error.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 11

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Where did you put the script into your project? Did you get the images required?

Ninten0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just downloaded the demo, but once the conversation where Yosuke joins is done, I got the same error Drogazy reported. Also, when I successfully chose Izanagi in the shuffle time in the demo, I got the error, "Script 'Persona System' line 5030: NoMethodError occurred". Amazing script though!

vFoggy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I just downloaded the demo, but once the conversation where Yosuke joins is done, I got the same error Drogazy reported. Also, when I successfully chose Izanagi in the shuffle time in the demo, I got the error, "Script 'Persona System' line 5030: NoMethodError occurred". Amazing script though!
Fixed demo and the remaining calls that I missed when changing the add_persona to add_persona_by_id. (The error you mentioned is fixed by this)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there I know I'm really late but I still get the issue in which releasing any Persona will crash the game.

I am pretty sure I got the latest script, too. (As I used it a couple of days ago.)

EDIT: Found another issue. Regarding Persona fusion, no Personas appear for me. When I tried fusing in the demo, the game gave me an error as well.

EDIT 2: Seems like everything has been fixed, thanks!

Last edited:

Goldguy132

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am in need of assistance. I plan to have my main character be captured and lose the ability to use Personas entirely, instead basically becoming the Demi-Fiend (I'll figure out that part eventually), and have the second party member become the leader for a time, with the game passing on the ability to use multiple Personas to her. Is that even possible and if so, how do I do the do?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.
Went to get a haircut today, and the lady cut my hair too short... Well I suppose with the pandemic I'm not going out a lot, but it still feels a bit uncomfortable.
For real, they didn't tell me anything about THAT dragon bomber before. It could be the greatest invention since sliced bread, that's for sure!
Random Thought: Team Visustella has become the Power Rangers of RPG Maker, and Yanfly is their Zordon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gujuji