vFoggy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I am in need of assistance. I plan to have my main character be captured, experimented on, and lose the ability to use Personas entirely, instead basically becoming the Demi-Fiend (I'll figure out that part eventually), and have the second party member become the leader for a time, with the game passing on the ability to use multiple Personas to her. Is that even possible and if so, how do I do the do?
Fair warning, I'm a small brain and barely understand how script crap works. I understood enough of how this script works to add in Kaguya, but I still need to eventually attempt to understand enough to add more and more personas and fusion recipes (maybe)... I've also discovered that if you restrict the rest of the party to individual personas, and you intend to have a first chapter be (mostly) personaless, then you can't check the status, use overworld skills, or change the equipment of any party member with an assigned persona if they don't have it yet. Then again, that's probably because I'm a dumbass and missed something.
This feature is not available. I fixed the last issues with the latest update.
You could create a second actor with the same name, class, attributes etc., set it to a single persona user with an ID that doesn't correspond to any personas. This way, basically he can only use only one persona, but will never actually get that persona.

This is such a cool script! I'm playing the demo, and I just got this error when I tried to fuse personas.
View attachment 190372
I also got the line 1411 error mentioned above.
I have fixed this issue and the ones mentioned by @theofficialcherrim. Please let me know if the error is still there. About the 1411 line error, let me know if it is from the Game_Interpreter or the Persona script, although it's most likely fixed.
Latest changes:
  • Fixed incorrect variable for shuffle type in shuffle time docs
  • Added HIDE_PERSONA_COMMAND option that includes actor ids for which to hide the persona battle command
  • You can now hide the Social Links menu command by setting the ARCANA_MENU_COMMAND_INDEX option to nil
  • Fixed game_personas not being saved with the game contents when saving the game
  • Last selected cards (before running out of match chances in Matching shuffle time) are now correctly returning to normal color (instead of staying white from the flash effect)
  • Fixed card method calls instead of card_name for Sprite_Card
  • Added message box in case you try to set the shuffle method to an incorrect one (none of the Horizontal, Diagonal or Combination)
  • Even more missed remove_persona -> remove_persona_by_id
  • Changed NO_PERSONAS_MSG
  • Can now check status of all actors (this was an incorrect behavior where you could not check an only-one-persona-user actor's status if they didn't have the persona equipped).

Last edited:

psipumpkin

BWL!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having an issue where the first member of my party doesn't have the switch persona action show up in battle. It's not even grayed out like it is for the other party members. Is this a bug, or is it something I'm doing wrong?

vFoggy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm having an issue where the first member of my party doesn't have the switch persona action show up in battle. It's not even grayed out like it is for the other party members. Is this a bug, or is it something I'm doing wrong?
There is an option in the script settings named HIDE_PERSONA_COMMAND which includes the actor's ID. If you remove the actor's ID the command will show up.

Kcluuqczeas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry, is there any way this is ever getting ported to mv? thanks

HunterDev

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey can we change the name of the persona menus?

vFoggy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
hey can we change the name of the persona menus?
In general the option PERSONA_MENU_NAME can be used to change all the "Persona" menu items to whatever you want.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R1ck_Str1k3r