Personigo de la Ĉefo showcase

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Personigo de la Ĉefo, Dec 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Personigo de la Ĉefo

Personigo de la Ĉefo Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    Russian
    Hi there! I am mainly a pixel artist, that's what i've been doing from the very start. I can also do line art, but it's quality is far from one i desire. Nice to metcha'll! Here's some examples of what i do. If you want to use something - be my guest. No questions needed. But if you want something new - i can do it as well, but for a price.

Let us start with the big guns!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]  [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

These are my pride and joy. They take forever to make, but, in my opinion, they worth it. I am doing something about 4 sequences a month.

[​IMG]

These i did before, but scrapped cuz they REALLY take forever to make. And, well, they are bad at fitting anywhere.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These... ehm... busts are too too lenghty to make, but i am not scrapping them.

These busts are VERY easy and fast to make despite their appearence

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

These cut-ins is what i got into recently. They too are fast to produce, albeit longer than busts

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's my little holiday present: Icons. You can't have enough those!

[​IMG]

Here's some edits of Fire Emblem characters:

Draft-y fanart on a very good webcomic: Slightly Damned. GO GOGOL IT RIGHT NAO!

[​IMG]

Random fairy tale characters:  [​IMG]

Few simple battlers: [​IMG]  [​IMG] [​IMG]

I can do RTP style battlers like this one for my friend Anthyny Murphy (i hope he won't get angry for me posting this w/o hispermission...lol)

[​IMG]

Here's some common style battlers (For my friend Cornered Cosmos)

[​IMG]

Aaaand some mlp battlers!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I also can do charsets from any rtp from scratch like these:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Or edit like this:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

So yeah, i can do a lot! Thanks for your attention :D WIsh you all good day! And check up my gaem here plz V It is lonly out there :'(

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
  2. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    haha dayum...this freaking awesome haha 

I am speechless~

3. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine The Mapgician Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    dayum awesome. You got some talent, i like it alot man. Keep it up.

4. Nirwanda

Nirwanda Procrastimancer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is extremely impressive, those are some BIG guns.

Have you considered opening up a shop?

5. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I agree. You should open up a shop. You should also put the stuff you're willing to share in a resource thread. You couldn't put the edits there, but a lot of stuff you could and people would be really excited about.

6. Personigo de la Ĉefo

First Language:
    Russian
    Hehehe tnx guys :D  And opening a shop will be useless, since nobody will buy anything anyway. As fore resource thread - will do, but what do you mean that i can't put edits here? All "edits" i do are edits or RTP... So i can't put that queen or golem there? :/

7. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    RTP edits are fine. I meant the Fire Emblem stuff. Actually, you should probably take those down anyway, the no rips thing is a site wide rule, not just something for the Resources section.

I think you're underestimating your own value. Finding a good spriter is hard, even harder if someone wants animations that don't already exist. Your work is a bit choppy but also very good, good enough that I think people would be interested.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
  8. Personigo de la Ĉefo

First Language:
    Russian
    Hard or no, i have found out something in a hard way: NOBODY wan't to pay for ANYTHING. There is no point for me to even try to make that "shop" thing, cuz i really hate topics with zero replies.

9. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I approve what Sharm said I will willing totally to hire you ! your talent is incredible 

let me guess in one year if you are active and furnish a lot of stuff you will release a pack in the store hahah

10. Personigo de la Ĉefo

First Language:
    Russian
    I will not release anything already done in any stores. Even if i'll one day decide to open the story, only things i will sell will be art made from scratch. But i doubt even that will happen anytime soon.

11. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Wow, okay. I think this is just a matter of trying in the wrong place before, people really do spend money to make their games awesome in this forum. But it was only a suggestion, if you hate the idea I'll drop the subject. Nio wasn't implying that you wouldn't do things from scratch, he was saying that once you get used to things here you'll probably end up making resources for the store the same way the best of the artists that hang out here tend to do. In fact, Nio said that if you made a commission thread that he'd hire you. Nio's English isn't very good so it's pretty hard to understand what he's saying sometimes, even for a native English speaker. Just assume that he's hyper or teasing with what he's saying and you'll probably be right.

12. Personigo de la Ĉefo

First Language:
    Russian
    In any case i am not doing maker things for mony nor do i ever spend money on maker products (excluding To the Moon). Plus i have zero true experience with stuff like that "shop" thing, and i am kinda afraid of new experiences and upcoming fails. and i kinda lack free time all that much. I also afraid that people will "hire" me to do ALL THE GRAPHICS for their projects. I will die if i'll be doing a ton of stuff for one project all the time (this is why i have 2 projects i am switching between them). That's why even if i'll post something like this and, by some kind of miracle, comissions will be flooding in, i won't be able to do my own projects, and my projects is why i am doing stuff for RPG maker in a first place. 

Plus i don't believein any perspectives of making money outside of a real job. Also, if people willing to pay money to make their projects better - they already have good projects. If people has projects like "TOWAH OF EVUL!!! DUNGEN CRAWLING RPG" built on RTP - well, i am not wishing to waste time making trainwrecks look good.

Additionally, i am currently in no dire need of money.

However, i might concider thinking on that ordeal until the new year. Perhaps i might even create a comission topic. But if it will be empty for, say, 2 days then i shall be ashamed and will never show my face at this forum ever again. 

13. Perihelion

Perihelion Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey, nice art! I particularly like your sprite animations. They're fluid and have a lot of energy. Have you considered ramping your pixel art shadows and highlight colors more towards a unified palette, though? Like this:

[​IMG]

(source, a good interview with a good artist)

14. Personigo de la Ĉefo

First Language:
    Russian
    Thanks! Umm... kinda hard to do that in MS paint... And i have no idea what you're talking about... oooops...  :(

15. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Makes sense. We've got very different points of view then. I do art for a living so for me it is a real job. Well, you should definitely have fun with it, whatever you do.

16. Personigo de la Ĉefo

First Language:
    Russian
    Unfortunately for me i have and always had too little things to do with my art. There is virtually no game developing companies in russia, and existant ones have a crapload of requirements. I work as a designer. And, well, while some of my skills do come in handy, my drawing prowess do not. And especially pixel art. Nobody needs pixel art. Again, i'll think on your tips, but unless i'll find someone to hold my hand trough all this processes and explain them to me,  i most likely won't even attempt doing that. Also, i doubt i'll survive any sort of competition. This site has amazing artists, many of them are far better than me in many regards. 

17. Perihelion

First Language:
    English
    You should consider using a different program for pixel art. I started out using MS Paint but then switched to GraphicsGale a few years ago. GraphicsGale is free and really good for pixel art. It also makes it a lot easier to control your colors, which I think really helps take your art to the next level.

18. Personigo de la Ĉefo

First Language:
    Russian
    Duuuuuude i am afraid of all things new. I guess i have a condition or something. If i see a new program which has many different buttons and functions - i cover in dismay. I use paint because it's simple as f*ck and i can feel every pixel in it. I use photoshop for post-production or different things like placing object behind characcter. And special effects.

19. Personigo de la Ĉefo

First Language:
    Russian
    Something i've been working on last 2 evenings. Let's see how much time it'll take to paint

[​IMG]

Faye Valentine likes this.
  20. Perihelion

First Language:
    English
    Cool! I like the composition. The design of the character is very interesting, as well as all the stuff going on in the background. The hands in particular are quite evocative.

As far as using Paint goes, I encourage you to try out some other programs because Paint really is just not a very good tool for pixel art. Learning new tools is always a pain, but the payoff is worth it if it's a good tool. Up to you, though.