The Classy Prostitute
- Mar 17, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Pet Follower v1.1
Created by Neon Black
What is it?
This allows you to have a pet follow you around like a follower wherever you go. The pet goes at the end of the caterpillar chain and just follows you around. This script allows you to use the followers like normal and just places the pet as the last follower.
How can I use it?
Place this script anywhere in the materials section above main. If you notice incompatibility with another script, place this script above that script. If you still experience incompatibility issues, please post what scripts you are using as well as what kind of error you are getting. To have a pet follow you, just use a script call with one of the four different commands. The commands are as follows.
- pet(x, y) - Set the pet's sprite and index where "x" is the filename of the sprite and "y" is the index in the sprite. The file name MUST be in quotation marks. Example: pet("animal", 1) will make the RTP cat follow you around.
- remove_pet - Removes the pet from the followers. You must use the "pet()" command above to use it again.
- hide_pet - Hides the pet from view. Since the pet still shows up even when followers are hidden this will cause the pet to be hidden.
- show_pet - Show the pet again after hiding it.
- pet_motion - Pet animation continues even when the player is standing still.
- pet_stop - Pet animation stops. Pet is only animated while the player is walking.
What does it work with?
It should work with most other scripts. If you notice any incompatibilities, please let me know.
Game_Interpreter: remove_pet, hide_pet, show_pet, pet
New Objects -
How can I get the code?
Version 1.0 (base script, 6.18.2012) is available from my pastebin account here.
I would like to use this code.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://cphouseset.wo...d-terms-of-use/.
I saw this request and thought it looked easy enough. Sure enough it was. Anyway, it's great for having a pet following you, but it can also be used to have non-fighting npcs follow you around. Anyway, enjoy.
Last edited by a moderator: