Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pets and Summons v1.1a
By Vlue
Introduction
This script allows you to create skills that temporarily add actors into the party. These actors (or pets, summons, whatever) will last until the end of the battle, unless they die first... or their turn timer runs up (optional). Summoned pets will be at the same level as the actor who used the skill, with options to adjust level for specific skills. Yay notetags!

Features
- Summon actors into battle
- Summoned actors last for duration of battle or until dead or by timer, whichever comes first
- Different skills can summon same actor at different levels

How to Use
Plug and play, set up notetags as needed.

Script
Pastebanana as usual, compatibility mode is for use with scripts that display actor sprites:
Stand Alone: http://pastebin.com/zuGyMX7z
Compatibility: http://pastebin.com/ef084qjG

FAQ
Q. But, what if I don't want to summon pets...
A. Then don't use this script.

Credit and Thanks
- By Vlue
- Free to use in any project (commercial or otherwise) with credit given

Author's Notes
Pets and totems and beasts, oh my!

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyCrab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
I've been looking for something like this, great!

Thanks  :)

kiedisticelixer

Sexy Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Finally something simple and not the Guardian Summon who requires other 2-3 scripts. Thank you. You might want to let us replace the party with the summoned actor, maybe?  :D

Dream3r

90% Dreamer, 100% Dedicated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Cool idea, would need tweaked for our game so it could work outside the battle screen but cool none the less.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That's a nifty script. 

Is the summoned Actor controllable during that time period?  I'm assuming it acts like a normal PC until its Summon is finished.

Also, perhaps a way to do the FFIV thing --- if the Summoned Actor dies, the Summoner takes some percentage of the dead Actor's max HP damage.

Mage Heart

Level 50 Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Feel really stupid about this but how do I post the notetags, for example: <SUMMON actor_id, timer, level_bonus (optional)>. What should that look like when I use it for a skill?

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Finally something simple and not the Guardian Summon who requires other 2-3 scripts. Thank you. You might want to let us replace the party with the summoned actor, maybe?  :D
Twist my arm why don't you! :3

Updated the script to allow for medium summons (replaces the actor with summoned pet) and big summons (replaces the party with summoned pet).

That's a nifty script. 

Is the summoned Actor controllable during that time period?  I'm assuming it acts like a normal PC until its Summon is finished.

Also, perhaps a way to do the FFIV thing --- if the Summoned Actor dies, the Summoner takes some percentage of the dead Actor's max HP damage.
I do like nifty... The summoned actor is controllable, you can always make it non-controllable by setting the actor to auto-battle in the database though. As for taking damage when it dies... It's not something that's in there yet!

Feel really stupid about this but how do I post the notetags, for example: <SUMMON actor_id, timer, level_bonus (optional)>. What should that look like when I use it for a skill?
Psh, don't feel stupid :p

You have two options, here's summon actor 11 with a timer of 5 rounds:

<SUMMON 11, 5>

And here's summoning actor 11 with a timer of 5 rounds and a bonus level of 5!

<SUMMON 11, 5, 5>

Both tag styles work.

Mage Heart

Level 50 Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Cool. Thanks, this is a badass script.

kiedisticelixer

Sexy Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Twist my arm why don't you! :3

Updated the script to allow for medium summons (replaces the actor with summoned pet) and big summons (replaces the party with summoned pet).
By the way, are you married?

Thanks.

slithergod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
hi i got this error 

Edit: real link last one messed up http://oi57.tinypic.com/25iw0wp.jpg

im assuming its having trouble making the original actor disappear, but i don't know a lot about scripting i'm just going by that it works up  until original actor is supposed to vanish any help would be appreciated

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are you using a script that edits the actor display window in battle, in any way? If so, try placing it below this script.

If not, I'll dig deeper.

slithergod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Are you using a script that edits the actor display window in battle, in any way? If so, try placing it below this script.

If not, I'll dig deeper.
i'm using standard damage pop ups i was using my own script that changed the HP/MPbars i removed it still error-ed, i placed everything under your script except the battle engine and module still error-ed 

i will remove scripts one at a time and post back to you in a minute.

ninjalex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes! This is awesome! :)

slithergod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses

If not, I'll dig deeper.
all scripts were removed only scripts left was yami's basic core yami's battle symphony and battle symphony add on for holders battlers error still occurred 

slithergod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses

If not, I'll dig deeper.
Found the problem its not compatible with battle symphony i removed both battle symphony and holders add on and it worked

Edit does it draw an icon in the battle window beside the names? seems its calling for it but since i don't have that enabled to draw icons on the window could it cause this?

2nd Edit: Works with yanflys battle engine does not work with holders battlers / symph i cant tell what one is the issue

but its good work i will wait for updated version of this script in the future if you update it .

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Sorry to bother you mr Vlue,for some reason the first notetag works pretty well... But i got a error in the line 260 when i try to use the big and mid summon.

Here is the line: if SUMMON_MESSAGES[array[0]]

Excuse me for my bad English and thanks you very much for this great script.

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What is the error message?

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Bad of mine... Excuse me for that,it was in the line 259,here is a screenshot of my setup:

The screen of the battle status is taken with the first notetag,the mid an the big setup gives me that error message.

dedf.png

Vlue

Talent Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Only summon allows you to not set a level bonus, Medium summon and Big Summon require three pieces of information.

So try:

<MED_SUMMON 8, 0, 0>

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th Nov to 2nd Dec (2021)

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Necrozys