Draw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I've tested it, but when I summon an actor, the enemy skill animation shows on the screen. Weird...

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What did you set as animation in the skill tab?

The script doesnt come with animation, so if you see an animation, its something you did yourself.

DragonSwordsman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
did you assign the right ID to the skill? Remember the format you have to follow to tag a summoning spell:

<SUMMON actor_id, timer, level_bonus>Example:

Untitled_zpsetoeqiv9.jpg

Actor 1-5 is the list of actors in my party (actor 5 in reserve) and 7-10 are the minion, so if I use <SUMMON 9, 0, 0> in a skill's note tag, it will summon Efreet. But if I made a mistake and used <SUMMON 5, 0, 0>, it will summon actor 5, which is supposed to be in the reserve.
No i did that , the problem i was having was for example- max battle party is 3 and i have a 4th member in party, if i use a summon skill it will summon the 4th instead or along with the summon.

in any case i found a workaround already by changing another script. but this problem happens with or without any other scripts as far as i could tell.

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No i did that , the problem i was having was for example- max battle party is 3 and i have a 4th member in party, if i use a summon skill it will summon the 4th instead or along with the summon.

in any case i found a workaround already by changing another script. but this problem happens with or without any other scripts as far as i could tell.
I was having that issue as well. Mine is with Yanfly scripts.

Did you use this with Yanfly scripts or did you use it with something else? I am interested to see the solution to this problem

DragonSwordsman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was having that issue as well. Mine is with Yanfly scripts.

Did you use this with Yanfly scripts or did you use it with something else? I am interested to see the solution to this problem
i was using yanfly.

i dont remember what i did exactly but i think i changed the yanfly script to do something to max battle members after looking at another forum post.

i have a lot of links bookmarked but im not sure if this is the correct one.

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/30505-yanfly-party-max-member-variable-adds-reserves/

Edit: yafly party system goes above pets and summons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
make sure yanfly party system is above pets and summons.
The order i have them in my test map is:

1. Yanfly Party
  2. Yanfly Battle engine
  3. Yanfly Visual battler
  4. Yanfly menu
  5. Pet and summon
  6. Pet and summon yanfly patch
  7. <the code snippet from that url>
I did a search but theres no script with this line "class Game_Party < Game_Troop"

So I created a new section to stick the codes in that url in. It still brings out the reserve members :\

kunemon59

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really hate pestering people, but I've got another problem.

I've (apparently) got the scripting right. Right place, with the spell targeting the user, with an 100% success rate, and the script code in the spell note, spelt correctly. It's my only additional script.

I go into a demo game, and when I cast it the spell "But it fails!"

I'm casting it in combat against slimes, and I've go no-one else in the party. I'm using the default characters, summoning number 2.

Am I doing something blatantly obvious here?

DragonSwordsman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The order i have them in my test map is:

1. Yanfly Party
  2. Yanfly Battle engine
  3. Yanfly Visual battler
  4. Yanfly menu
  5. Pet and summon
  6. Pet and summon yanfly patch
  7. <the code snippet from that url>
I did a search but theres no script with this line "class Game_Party < Game_Troop"

So I created a new section to stick the codes in that url in. It still brings out the reserve members :\
the way i did it was i put the code in yanfly party, and put yanfly party above pets and summons.

here's what i did. just find the line and add the # where shown then put the code bellow it as shown.

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

# new method: initialize_battle_members

#  def initialize_battle_members

#    @battle_members_array = []

#    for i in 0...max_battle_members

#      @battle_members_array.push(@actors) unless @actors.nil?

#      @battle_members_array.push(0) if @actors.nil?

#    end

#    $game_player.refresh

#  end

def initialize_battle_members

temp_array = @battle_members_array ? @battle_members_array : @actors

@battle_members_array = []

for i in 0...max_battle_members

@battle_members_array.push(temp_array) unless temp_array.nil?

@battle_members_array.push(0) if temp_array.nil?

end

$game_player.refresh

end

you can ignore "class Game_Party < Game_Troop".

thats what i meant when i said, i put party system above pets and summon sorry for confusion.

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
the way i did it was i put the code in yanfly party, and put yanfly party above pets and summons.

here's what i did. just find the line and add the # where shown then put the code bellow it as shown.

# new method: initialize_battle_members

#  def initialize_battle_members

#    @battle_members_array = []

#    for i in 0...max_battle_members

#      @battle_members_array.push(@actors) unless @actors.nil?

#      @battle_members_array.push(0) if @actors.nil?

#    end

#    $game_player.refresh

#  end

def initialize_battle_members

temp_array = @battle_members_array ? @battle_members_array : @actors

@battle_members_array = []

for i in 0...max_battle_members

@battle_members_array.push(temp_array) unless temp_array.nil?

@battle_members_array.push(0) if temp_array.nil?

end

$game_player.refresh

end

you can ignore "class Game_Party < Game_Troop".

thats what i meant when i said, i put party system above pets and summon sorry for confusion.

sweet.. problem solved.

Thanks for the help lol. I have been bashing my head against the wall for weeks cuz of that LOL

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I dont know if Im overstepping my bounds here but I think Vlue should add the "skill's scope should be set to"The User"' in the script's comments cuz it took me a while to figure that bit out (almost 2 hours)

Can anyone help?

Script 'Summon' line 228: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'screen_x for#<Game_Acctor:0x64be294>

I just wanna recreate log horizon with summons man...please?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does it REALLY say Game_Acctor?

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
vlue i don't know if you can help me with this but if you can i'd appreciate it. ok hears the problem i'm using YAMI BATTLE SYMPHONY: ADD-ON HOLDER BATTLERS

and when i have your TAG for summoning this pops up "YAMI: ADD-ON HOLDER BATTLER LINE 346: NO METHOD ERROR OCCURRED UNEFINED METHOD  ' USE-HB? FOR  NIL:NILCLASS.

ps. i also have the SYMPHONY TAG HOLDERS BATTLER on the creature.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, I'm extremely interested in using this script. However I would like to know,

Is it possible to make the action replace 2 party members at once with a summon, or make 2 actors cast the spell before the summon works?

I understand that this is an odd request but any responce would be fantastic. Thank you!

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, i have a problem, you are supposed to write the SUMMON thing in the notes right ? when i use it in a test battle, it do nothing, when i launch the game, this message apeared: Script " line 354: TypeError occurred. can't convert nil into Array. and i have to say, i have no other script.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 Script " line 354: TypeError occurred. can't convert nil into Array. and i have to say, i have no other script.

Script '' means that you have not named the script slot, and type error when no other script can cause incompatibilities means that you made mistakes (missing lines or so) when copying the script into the script editor or when configuring its lines.

I suggest you follow the link "how to use a script" from my signature and make sure the script is installed and configured correctly

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does this work for summoning items for example bombs or other blacksmith items or summons like in other games or does this work only for actors

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Script '' means that you have not named the script slot, and type error when no other script can cause incompatibilities means that you made mistakes (missing lines or so) when copying the script into the script editor or when configuring its lines.

I suggest you follow the link "how to use a script" from my signature and make sure the script is installed and configured correctly

i cheked, now the game say it's the line 295, and it's the same as the document ! there is no more space or more numbers all is correct !

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i cheked, now the game say it's the line 295, and it's the same as the document ! there is no more space or more numbers all is correct !

Then please give us a screenshot of the full error sequence as it is given by the backtracer script as described in the bughunting of the tutorial about script use.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?
The holidays are upon us! Everyone search for safety from the grocery store music!
I don't understand people sometime. Walking to work today came across someone walking the opposite way in a nice suit, I politely move to the side into the shrubbery so he doesn't have to get his suit dirty and say "good morning" as he passes me, he turns around glaring daggers and asks "why are you talking to me?" like he's bloody offended by me wishing him a good morning or something. Just, why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnderMon