Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there it is.

No, it isn't. I asked for the full error sequence as provided by the backtracer script, not the regular simple (and mostly useless) error message.

As I said above, please follow the link "how to use a script" from my signature as I asked you in my first answer to you, and then follow the procedures described there to install the backtracer script into your game and give us the error message that that script prints to the console. You might also read the rest of that tutorial on configuration to see if you configured the pet script correctly, as typos in scripted configurations can cause similiar error messages

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
No, it isn't. I asked for the full error sequence as provided by the backtracer script, not the regular simple (and mostly useless) error message.

As I said above, please follow the link "how to use a script" from my signature as I asked you in my first answer to you, and then follow the procedures described there to install the backtracer script into your game and give us the error message that that script prints to the console. You might also read the rest of that tutorial on configuration to see if you configured the pet script correctly, as typos in scripted configurations can cause similiar error messages

Sorry, here.

Sans titre 3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tip: use [alt]-[prtscrn] instead of [prtscrn] for your screenshots

Are you sure that you configured the script correctly? There is no other script involved in the error output, so it can't be a compatibility problem.

And that means you either made a mistake in script configuration, copied it incompletely or loaded an incompatible savefile instead of starting a new game.

Please follow each step in the tutorial "how to use a script" to see where you made a mistake.

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Tip: use [alt]-[prtscrn] instead of [prtscrn] for your screenshots

Are you sure that you configured the script correctly? There is no other script involved in the error output, so it can't be a compatibility problem.

And that means you either made a mistake in script configuration, copied it incompletely or loaded an incompatible savefile instead of starting a new game.

Please follow each step in the tutorial "how to use a script" to see where you made a mistake.

Ok, problem solved. thank you for your help :)

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A

well, in fact problem semi-solved.... it still don't work, it just not crash now.....but we have made progress no ?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well, in fact problem semi-solved.... it still don't work, it just not crash now.....but we have made progress no ?

We cannot guess what you have done - you need to tell us that.

So what did you do to remove the crash?

And how did you configure your skill and actor for the pet? Because if nothing happens, most probably you made the configuration wrong.

Ultrasouew, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
We cannot guess what you have done - you need to tell us that.

So what did you do to remove the crash?

And how did you configure your skill and actor for the pet? Because if nothing happens, most probably you made the configuration wrong.

Ultrasouew, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

ok, here we go.... a long time ago there was a bug in my game, the bug blocked me to "create a new game", BUT there was a save at the beginning of the game that i make before the bug was there,  one year later when the bug was "corrected" i keep the reflex of never create a new game (you know where i'm going with this ? yes i am the BIGGEST IDIOT of this world) a new game was the solution *facepalm, but the thing is, in the new game it say but "nothing append" when i use the skill, (my game is in french by the way) picture:

problem 1.pngproblem 2.pngproblem 3.pngproblem 4.png 

and thank for the warning, i gonna avoid double posting.... 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Exactly as I thought - most probably you wrote the notetag wrong

the correct notetag should be

<SUMMON 17, 0, 0>

Spaces are usually not optional in notetags...

And please, as said above, use [Alt]-[Prtscrn] for your screenshots, that will limit the picture to the active window - it's very difficult to read small text in desktop-sized screenshots.

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Exactly as I thought - most probably you wrote the notetag wrong

the correct notetag should be

<SUMMON 17, 0, 0>

Spaces are usually not optional in notetags...

And please, as said above, use [Alt]-[Prtscrn] for your screenshots, that will limit the picture to the active window - it's very difficult to read small text in desktop-sized screenshots.

Thank you ! it work, it finally work, thank for your patience with me !

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have just a question, how do you make a enemy summon another enemy ? beucause it work with actors, but does it work for enemys ? and is there a way to make a med summon  don't transform the summoner but a other member of the party ?

Kricketot

The
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I got an error. 
nzZr59d.png

Kricketot

The
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have just a question, how do you make a enemy summon another enemy ? beucause it work with actors, but does it work for enemys ? and is there a way to make a med summon  don't transform the summoner but a other member of the party ?

It can be done with a common event attached to a skill, have several conditional branches, each of them have the condition "Enemy X appeared" X is what the number the enemy you want to summon is in the troop, make sure that the enemy appears half way (right click on the enemy in troops) and have it if for example (Enemy 1 appeared, if not, summon Enemy 1. If so summon Enemy 2) I hope this helps.

BloodRoseNinja

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This may sound really silly, but how do I start using it once I pasted it in right a way? 

Pokechu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
aaaay, this is a real necropost but I really want to use this script, so I'll post anyways

I put in the script in and put the notes in the skill, but no matter what I do I literally can't use the skill. Like, I enabled it to be used outside of battle, the scope is the user, but when I click it won't do anything; it won't add the summon in. I'll just keep pressing enter outside of battle but it won't let me use it. I made sure that there's an empty spot and increased the max number of party members via the script, but even in battle nothing happens. I did have the Visual Battlers script from Yanfly, but even when I made a new project it still wouldn't work.

Anyone have any advice?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pokechu Please post a screenshot of the skill - we can't tell you what you did wrong without seeing what you did.

and there are some forums where the necropost rule doesn't apply, this is one of them (specifically because there may be questions about the scripts long after they had been posted)

Pokechu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Pokechu Please post a screenshot of the skill - we can't tell you what you did wrong without seeing what you did.

and there are some forums where the necropost rule doesn't apply, this is one of them (specifically because there may be questions about the scripts long after they had been posted)

I was just about to post, I fixed it! I really don't read; the script said for it to be above main but below insert in the script resource or w/e.

Thanks anyways, though! ouo

Kloqdq

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, hello there! I just wanted to report to you a problem I was running into with you're script here.

I don't know if someone else has mentioned this before me but I found that this script(love it big time) doesn't work with Yanfly's Party System script. Whenever I have the Party System script in, the summons no longer summoned, which is a problem. It shouldn't be a problem to me but it's annoying none the less and was wondering if you have any words of wisdom to help a novice out. 

Thanks for you're time!

semolous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a demo we could use? Also, how would I set the script up so that only 2 specific actors are able to summon?

Teacake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm having an error with this script. Now, it worked fine when I had one summon to test it. But then I added three more and this error popped up for the second one and I don't know how to fix it.

64f661b38a.png

EDIT:

I forgot to add commas. I'm so dumb.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th Nov to 2nd Dec (2021)

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Necrozys