PH - Quest Book

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Although YEP plugins have considerable features that have gained worldwide popularity, I have decided to use PH Quest in my commercial game. Definitely the credit will be shown in the game. I leave this message just to show my appreciation.
I'm really glad to read that, and I hope you project will grow even more! :D Thanks!

DGDgamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have done a tutorial video for PrimeHover's PHQuestBook integration with Yanfly's MainMenuManager. This should help with any confusion.

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@DGDgamer

Thank you for making a video tutorial about how to configure Yanfly MMM with my plugin!

I modified the first post and I added your video there as well. Now, issues about the configuration between these two plugins can be solved right out of the gate! :D

hardqueen

Crazy Talker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Here comes a minor suggestion.

Can I have a parameter used when the quest book is open(ed) to close the window automatically after a specific period of time?

This is helpful because every time the player receives a new quest, the book will be opened to show the new quest. However, this can be annoying because the player must close the window by pressing ESC key or by a mouse click. If there is a parameter set to close the window after ss second, it would be more player friendly. ss is a number, zero means not automatically close while 60 means the quest book will be shown for 60 seconds and will be close automatically.

By the way. do you need some sponsor? Since the plugin is going to be used in my commercial game, I think it is a politeness to sponsor a small amount of money in USD via paypal.

Last edited by a moderator:

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Here comes a minor suggestion.

Can I have a parameter used when the quest book is open(ed) to close the window automatically after a specific period of time?

This is helpful because every time the player receives a new quest, the book will be opened to show the new quest. However, this can be annoying because the player must close the window by pressing ESC key or by a mouse click. If there is a parameter set to close the window after ss second, it would be more player friendly. ss is a number, zero means not automatically close while 60 means the quest book will be shown for 60 seconds and will be close automatically.

By the way. do you need some sponsor? Since the plugin is going to be used in my commercial game, I think it is a politeness to sponsor a small amount of money in USD via paypal.
Hmm, that's an interesting suggestion.

I think that is possible, I'll check what I can do here!

About the sponsorship, I'll send you a personal message!

Thank you!

hardqueen

Crazy Talker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
I have just sponsored a small amount of money in USD.

Please check and inform if you receive the amount.

A suggestion is that the countdown timer can be shown on screen to let the player know the window will be closed automatically.

Thank you.

Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
Can I suggest an option to display subdivision (primary, secondary, fail, complete section) or not?

In my game I will only display quests that currently doable. If it done, I simple remove it from list. So it will be weird if there are unused submenu.

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Can I suggest an option to display subdivision (primary, secondary, fail, complete section) or not?

In my game I will only display quests that currently doable. If it done, I simple remove it from list. So it will be weird if there are unused submenu.
Actually, the submenus are made automatically based on which type of quests you have.So, let's suppose you don't have any "success" or "fail" quest; therefore, no such categories will appear, just the ones you are using.

Then you don't have to worry about hiding stuff you are not using :D

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have an idea for this but not exactly sure if you would want to actually add it to this plugin or not. I think it's possible, but I'm not exactly sure how much work it would be to implement.

Anyway, here's my idea...

Dynamic Quests

Basically, you would set a notetag on all NPCs that you would want to be quest givers at some point (probably would not want to use this on main story quests) and have them all with an on/off switch for if they are offering a quest or not.

Have lists of locations, NPCs, items, enemies, events IDs, etc.... perhaps even have ones for different level ranges so that lower level characters won't get high level quests and high level characters won't get low level quests.... Also, generic quest dialogues and descriptions... Just an example of that I mean...

Those pesky [enemies:XX] over in [location:XX] have been killing my brother's chickens. Go kill [rand_num:5-10] and deliver their hides to [NPC:XX]. You'll get [item:XX] and [rand_num:100-500] gold for your troubles.

I'm sure it can be randomized a lot more than that, but you get the idea.

Then, when the quest is complete, it picks another random NPC quest giver from the list and turns their quest on. With enough randomization, you can practically have unlimited quests.

...and the more I type this, the more I think that this would never be added lol I think I might just have to make a plugin request to handle it.

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@Soryn

And the more you type, the more I think it is possible to apply!

Actually, I need to take a look at my code first, but I agree this is a great idea that I did not even think about.

Perhaps i cannot apply in the exact same way you described, but I can make it work.

Next update will come this week :D

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Soryn

And the more you type, the more I think it is possible to apply!

Actually, I need to take a look at my code first, but I agree this is a great idea that I did not even think about.

Perhaps i cannot apply in the exact same way you described, but I can make it work.

Next update will come this week :D
Wouldn't need it to be exactly like that, but making dynamic quests and quest givers along with dynamic rewards based on settings would give games potentially unlimited gameplay and could even go a long way into giving players more endgame and post game content. I thought it would be very hard to implement, but if you think you can do it, I'd be over the moon with this!

I'll look forward to your updates. No need to rush it :)

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Just a bump to see how things are going with this. :)

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Great script and screenshots looking really stunning but i got this error everytime i try to open the quest menu.

Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
The Add quest function gives no error btw.

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@Soryn

I'm in the final tests week, but in some more days I can get this done.

@McSundae

Hi! So, could you take a print screen of your common event that has the quests and the console log screen? (Press F8 in the game when the error happens)

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Thanks alot for that awesome support :)

Got the screens as attachments

debug.jpg

commonevent.jpg

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Thanks alot for that awesome support :)

Got the screens as attachments
Hi McSundae,

So, this error happened once here.. It was a misspelling issue..

I noticed that your console screenshot has the name as follows: phquestbook.js

Unfortunately, you cannot rename the JS file; instead, you should keep the same name of the downloaded file.

The original name is: PH_QuestBook.js

If the error still happens, you can download the file again from GitHub, no problem!

I hope it can help you!  :D

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Well, that was fast - and yes! It helped :D

I just wonder why the filename is important, at the plugins i wrote that was never necessary

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Well, that was fast - and yes! It helped :D

I just wonder why the filename is important, at the plugins i wrote that was never necessary
I'm glad it helped!

Well, it's just important if you are dealing with parameters, because in order to get the parameter values, you have to specify the name of the plugin, and it's usually the original name of the plugin  :D

Fargone Fantasy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hello, I am having a problem with the script. No matter what i try (even in a fresh project) i can't get the option to show up in the menu. Also is it supposed to have </span></td> in every option?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm guessing you downloaded it incorrectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.
I survived Baudelaire and Bukowski, but I can't face C. Lispector. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinbhola