PH - Quest Book

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by PrimeHover, Nov 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Fargone Fantasy

Fargone Fantasy Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Thanks! It works now, but I am not sure how i downloaded it wrong. I tried two more times before getting a version that was fine. Either way i appreciate it.

2. PrimeHover

PrimeHover Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Shaz

Thanks for the fast answer!

@Fargone Fantasy

Yes, it happens when you download incorrectly. By the way, how did you download the plugin?

Usually, GitHub has a Download ZIP button, so you can click there and grab your script easily :D

(PS: Final's over! Updates coming this week!)

3. hardqueen

hardqueen Crazy Talker Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    I am looking forward to all your updates so eagerly...

PrimeHover likes this.
  4. PrimeHover

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I'm sorry for you to wait so much..

There is a HUGE update for this plugin, particularly.

Including your last request and most of the requests in this topic.

Also, a new pagination system will be provided.

5. hardqueen

First Language:
    Chinese
    OK. I am patient.

Anyway, here is a tiny trouble.

I think it is inconvenient to do this way.

Can you remove " {   } "?

I mean you can add the {  } in your plugin. We game makers can set up quests more efficiently.

Thank you for your consideration.

6. PrimeHover

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Well, this is just a tag for setting the title. Without it, I would not know where the title is because the game maker can use multiple comments to create a single quests. These {} are my helpers to understand like "Well, he/she is beginning a new quest now!"

How would you like to create titles though? 

hardqueen likes this.
  7. hardqueen

First Language:
    Chinese
    If they are necessary, keep them. It is not associated with politeness to ignore my quest.

8. PrimeHover

First Language:
    Portuguese
    They are needed to declare the title, but if you have an aside idea, let me know!

Oh, and you can still use these two characters {} inside the description of the quests if you need them.

hardqueen likes this.
  9. hardqueen

First Language:
    Chinese
    Edit:

I just figured it out.

All the contents of all quests must be written in ONE SINGLE common event with comments.

However, I am going to design a "task-oriented" game, which will contain approximate 1,000 quests.

This design will probably make the game maker difficult to edit, find and manage quests.

Any way to improve this behavior?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  10. phoenixgamer

phoenixgamer Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Error Log.JPG Error message.JPG I have been having this problem with this Plugin where every time I try to access this " Quest Book" from the main menu in the game it says " Cannot read property 'length' of undefined". I have reinstalled many times and I made sure the name of the Plugin was correct and I was hoping for some insight. Thanks!!

11. PrimeHover

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Ok guys, a little update was done with the things that are really working so far. Next week will be coming more!
    Lets go to the notes:

• ADD A BACKGROUND IMAGE TO THE QUEST BOOK: Now, you can add a background image in the quest book, so you can customize the layout as much as you want (PNG images only)!
    • PAGE IMPROVEMENTS: The [break] tag is deprecated (if you update to this new version, you will need to remove this tag from your quest descriptions. Also, the description will be automatically resized, so you don't need to worry about your description being way off the limit of the screen.
      Capturar.PNG This is an example of the new layout of a page. You can use the wheel of your mouse, use the arrows in your keyboard or just click/touch in the arrows on the screen
    • TAG NOTATION IMPROVEMENTS: You can use some new tags to invoke the name of a particular item in the database into your description. The tags are: <enemy:ID><actor:ID>, <item:ID>, <weapon:ID> and <armor:ID>. Change the ID for the number of the ID in the database of the corresponding one.

Final Notes:
    I'm really glad that this script makes the difference in your games guys, and I really appreciate the whole feedback you've been giving to me! Some of the improvements that didn't come in this updates are:

• Randomize quests (@Soryn)
    • Automatic reward (@hardqueen)
    • Improvements in the management of the quests (@hardqueen)
    Now, I'll explain what happened, so you guys can have a more detailed feedback from me. First, I took a look in everyone of these requests and I can make sure they are all POSSIBLE, but they will be not as easy as I though in order to adapt in this plugin. So, let's start

• Randomize quests: The problem with this is that the plugin registers every single quest at once when the game runs, and what's modified throughout the game is the status of that quest (If the quest is active or not). Once the quests are registered, I no longer modify the description. If I change them, I'll loose track of what was the real quest before. If I save them before, the modifications in real-time can be much bigger, making the game a little bit slower. In order to prove your request is possible, I created in this update the tags for enemy, actor, item, etc. Possibly, I think the way I'll figure that out is using some Script commands instead of Plugin commands, so you may have more freedom to modify quests during runtime. Is that ok for you?
    • Automatic reward: This has been the most difficult request so far! It's challenging, I like it. Well, when I created this plugin, I wanted to do something really simple that allowed people to create quests inside the RPG Maker. Therefore, my plugin has less management details compared with Gameus' Quest System, for instance (who did an astonishing quest system!). I'm not sure if I can use simple comments to create rewards because of your request number 3 (Improvements in the management of the quests). In general, it made me think about a bigger improvement in this plugin (like going to the version 2.0 directly). So, that's a question for everyone in this topic: Would you like to create quests still using comments? Would you like a full manager for all the quests? Or do you think this plugin needs to keep simple and go on with arrangements in events, comments, note-tags and something of the sort? Please, leave your opinion if you want!

Thank you everyone! It's you guys that make this plugin better and better. You guys rock!

12. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Have you tried to resume a game that was started prior to adding the script/plugin? That's a common cause of errors like that.

PrimeHover likes this.
  13. Tribaleyes

Tribaleyes Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm doing EVERYTHING on the readme, and I'm using things word for word. The Quest Log is there, theres' nothing in the quest log.

Could you please make a demo or something? I'm having a hard time here and I'm getting a little annoyed. :/

14. firestalker

firestalker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So the Quests are loaded at the beginning of the game?  Does that mean that a game loaded from a save file will NOT have a quest if it was added AFTER the save game was made?  I wonder if that's why my Quest isn't showing up in the book even after I activated it.

15. DGDgamer

DGDgamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Firestalker - Yes, when creating a save, it is saving the information that it was given while accessing that games data. Any changes to the game will not show in the save file if that change alters the system.

Tribaleyes I have it working. I can make a demo on how to work it if PrimeHover would like. I did a tutorial for the earlier version.

Update:

I have created a demo and sent a message to PrimeHover. When he approves it I am sure he will let you know.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2015
    PrimeHover likes this.
  16. firestalker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Soulpour777 has this cool looking animated menu background plugin. Unfortunately, it clashes with this plugin and kills it.  Is it possible to get a patch?  It only breaks the newest version of this plugin.  The old version didn't have a background so it was safe.

PrimeHover likes this.
  17. PrimeHover

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Demo provided by DGDgamer is in the first post of the topic!Tah k you so much DGDgamer for creating this demo!

Got the problem here, I'll release a bug fix until tomorrow.. Thanks!

hardqueen likes this.
  18. firestalker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Cool, Thanks

19. DGDgamer

DGDgamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    PrimeHover, I think I found a problem with PHPlugins.PHQuests.isComplete("Title of the Quest");. I am able to do a script call for .isPrimary and .isActive in a conditional branch to change quest icon but when using .isComplete it does nothing. I use the Plugin to complete the quest and verify on the quest log that it did change to complete. It just seems to be the script call for .isComplete. I am running the 1.3.0 version.

Update:

I found that the system was resetting the call after it was made. I figured out how to use your script calls for quest icons and a mini map version. I will create another tutorial video to show how it was done. This took me the day to figure out I will post when it is done.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016
  20. Fargone Fantasy

Fargone Fantasy Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    I know this has already been mentioned, but is it possible to add quests later and the previous save recognize them. I tend to create as i go along and like to keep track of my play time. I understand if this is impossible or to heavy on the program.