Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For some reason I cannot get the Quest Book command to appear below the other commands. I do not want it to be the first command. Also I am using Yanfly's Main Menu Plug in, and cannot get the command to work. I cannot download the demo because it takes too long, and drop box won't tell me how big it is.

EDIT: Never mind I didn't see how you said to use it with Yanfly's menu, but still how I do I get it to appear below other commands in the menu. I cannot figure that out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DGDgamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
In order to move the questbook command, you must place it further down the list than other Items in Yanfly's MMM. The key to where in the Menu it will go is where you enter the information in the MMM. Like if you want it under the equip command in the Main Menu then enter the information below line 20. See the picture below for the setup of the questbook.

MMM Capture.jpg

Reaction score
First Language
French
Im having an issue. It seems to be impossible for me to add more than one [break-on-update]. If I do, the first update will not display anything and attempting to make a second update ( because their is two break-on-update compnents) results in the quest page becoming blank... Please help! Im probably just not using it right. 

DGDgamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
No Mastr_Hyperion98, I am having that problem to. I have found that I can get it to show with the first quest break. I also can only do 5 lines within the comment, making the line continue forever. The other alternative is to separate comments then quest breaks, but with only 5 lines that's limiting. I think the comment tag may hinder single, multi part quests. Prime will look into it I am sure.

hardqueen

Crazy Talker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
@DGDgamer

Do you know when Prime will offer an explanation?

because it's ages that there isn't any update of this plugin.

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Sorry for being out these days guys. I'm on a little vacation that ends tomorrow. Then I'll pick up the requests and fix the problems as well! Thanks for reporting and for helping each other during these days!

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
UPDATE NOTES (BUG FIX)

• BACKGROUND COMPATIBILITY: Now, the plugin is compatible with third-party plugins that deals with background as well (like the one referred by @firestalker)
  • UPDATE QUEST: It's working fine now! It was a logic problem (I hate when the problem is logic -.-').
Thank you for your patience guys. I'll keep working in the next improvements.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there no way to make this work with a saved game?  What if I want to make my game in parts and add to the quest book as I go?  The people that started to play and finished the last part would have to restart the game whenever a new part comes out.  Not really fair I'd say.

So, is there really no way to fix that?

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Is there no way to make this work with a saved game?  What if I want to make my game in parts and add to the quest book as I go?  The people that started to play and finished the last part would have to restart the game whenever a new part comes out.  Not really fair I'd say.

So, is there really no way to fix that?
Not that I know as well.. Some other plugins that I've tested have the same behavior

n3xPRODiGY

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hi PrimeHover,

It lags a bit if an entry has too many updates, let's say 5 break-on-update.

Is it normal? There's a fix for this?

Warrior of Myth

Griffin Rider
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there Prime! About demo have a lot of mbs, can you do a more short version? I want see how work properly. Thanks~

Reactions: PTS

DGDgamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The demo is reduced to 21.3 MB. Most images, audio, and plugins have been removed. Yanfly MMM and Questbook remain with a small demo to see the Questbook in action. Mods can be made to strengthen the QuestBook for your own project. This is a basic demo. If needed to further reduce I can zip compress the file.

Warrior of Myth

Griffin Rider
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The demo is reduced to 21.3 MB. Most images, audio, and plugins have been removed. Yanfly MMM and Questbook remain with a small demo to see the Questbook in action. Mods can be made to strengthen the QuestBook for your own project. This is a basic demo. If needed to further reduce I can zip compress the file.
Many thanks man!

Nisshoku

CEO NisshoTatsu Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I seem to be having a lot of trouble getting the quest into the book. I have everything the way I want it (used your screenshots in original post as a template) however, when I use the command to add it to the book, it keeps saying No Quests Available. Here's some screens of it.

The first is the end result. The second is the Common Event, and the third is the plugin command I am using.

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_3.png

DGDgamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Do not use underscores when stating the title of your quest. It should be "PHQuestbook add Collect 3 Rat Tails for Father"

Nisshoku

CEO NisshoTatsu Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah :D  That worked. Thanks much.

Askann

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't liked the windows design, sooo I EDIT that, now it matches with the 960x640 resolution.

The 916x624 version is in the other forum.

Nisshoku

CEO NisshoTatsu Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do not use underscores when stating the title of your quest. It should be "PHQuestbook add Collect 3 Rat Tails for Father"
Welp, it actually didn't end up working now. It did one time, but now it's still not displaying the quest in the book. It's possible I made an error somewhere, but I really can't see where. The screenshot shows my current quest in the quest book as of now. Can anyone maybe point out some errors anywhere? Btw my plugin command is now PHQuestBook add Collect 3 Rat Tails for Father

Screenshot_6.png

DGDgamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay I first want to say I am not being mean...I assume this is you first delve into code. The thing is spelling and punctuation counts. You need to always look to see if there is a comma missing or something of the sorts. In your case it is not working because Primary should be "primary." The complete and fail will be the same way. Good luck. Also there is a working demo on the main page of this thread if you need it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Good lord this is taking forever, I'm not even out of the opening really and I've still got hours worth of work to do before I get to the main gameplay loop. Orphan of Time will probably be done some time next year, If I'm lucky.
Finally the new pc is working!! But it seems a lost my license to Windows 10 because of the hardware changing :(
Tune in next time for our newest Episode: "PC issues return! Palm uses every swear in the lexicon!"
gotta update my game project thread page later
So trying out Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosyNoodle