Nisshoku

CEO NisshoTatsu Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay I first want to say I am not being mean...I assume this is you first delve into code. The thing is spelling and punctuation counts. You need to always look to see if there is a comma missing or something of the sorts. In your case it is not working because Primary should be "primary." The complete and fail will be the same way. Good luck. Also there is a working demo on the main page of this thread if you need it.
First of all, I would like to thank you for your help. They were all very good suggestions. I actually have worked in some code, and do understand that accuracy is the most important thing, I just failed to notice the capital p xD so thank you for pointing that out.

On a second note, I am gonna have to check out using the demo, as even changing the p didn't help. Still won't display quests. Again though, thanks for your help.

EDIT: Sad to report that I even copied everything from the demo to my game to see if it would work and that didn't change anything. When I added my quest into the demo to test that as well, it worked perfectly. So obviously somewhere in my plugin settings I am doing something wrong, or another plugin could be conflicting. I also noticed that I have an updated version of the plugin than that of the one in the demo. There's another setting option that my new one has, over the old one. It's possible it could be that. I will post screenshots of settings and plugins to see if that helps.

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Nisshoku

CEO NisshoTatsu Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I seem to have fixed my problem. Instead of trying to fix it, I just transferred all my files and maps over to the demo folder and now the quests are working fine.

I also wanted to suggest a feature for the next version. Something that would really make the plugin better is the option to change the color of the quest title in the quest book. To be clear, I am not talking about a title in the description of the quest. I am talking about changing the color of the quest title in the actual quest list.

My reasoning for this, is because my game has a different style quest system than is commonly used. My game has different tiers of quests. Each tier being a harder quest with more steps involved and harder objectives to complete. The issue is, without adding something to the name to indicate the tier of quest, or without adding it into the description, there is no way to pull this off.

I realize that I can just use the categories feature to make a separate list for each tier, however, I also already have primary and secondary quests into my game. I would like the color feature so that I can still sort the quests by rarity, but also keep them in the categories of primary and secondary.

Is this already a possible feature, or can it be added in a future update?

hardqueen

Crazy Talker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
@Nisshoku

Have you ever tried to use " \C[n] "?

Nisshoku

CEO NisshoTatsu Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nisshoku

Have you ever tried to use " \C[n] "?
Yep. That was how I was trying to change the color. As a matter of fact, I used that text command in multiple places in the quest. If you try putting that command, it will make it so it's not a valid quest, and will not show up when added into the Quest Book, as adding that command in the name of the quest will mess with the way the plugin works. As of now, I can only change the color of the text in the description.

HellZDarkArkon

Hell "Z"
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey PrimeHoover, i'm getting this error.

It happens when I attempt to open the Journal.

Here's the Error.

StefSan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for this sweet little script.

It's really nice and well done. Works good in my game and I like the idea with the break-on-line and update command :D

Sappheros

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am unsure if this has been previously mentioned, though I do not see any mention of it. I have come to find the when using the PHQuestBook, you cannot have a quest be added in an event you do not directly interact with. For example: Character walks toward the door and on the tile before the door they have a spontaneous thought to them self where they realize they need to go get something, and this event is activated by player touch. I figured this out when I tried to make this exact instance in an idea I've been throwing around, but for hours I was stumped. Then I decided to make the same exact event, in a different spot, but instead of stepping on it I just used interact button. Exactly the same setup, but when you walk on the event it seems to forget to add the quest, but still triggers the event.

starcrescendo

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@PrimeHover I love this plugin! It's much easier to handle and maintain than some of the other quest books on here. I don't know if you are still updating or taking feature requests but I thought I might leave a request just in case: it would be awesome if you could allow us to add additional categories. Most of the other quest windows do have this feature and I would like to be able to add another category for example Main Quests, SubQuests (secondary), Relationship Quests, Completed, Failed but even more would be cool too!

Just a humble request. Thank you for this awesome plugin!

sakurai

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
First, I will please pardon because English is not good.

If I modified the "PH_Questbook" common event , does this plugin will force that I start a new game?

Rotfuchs

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I've got a probleme with the plugin. The game only adds/ removes/ updates etc., the first comment in the PHQuestBook Common Event 

to the Quest Book in the game. I've tried a bit and don't find a solution for this problem...

Could someone may help me, that would be really nice

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hi guys, I'm back!  :D

First of all, I feel I need to say sorry to everyone that uses my plugins due to the fact that I have not been very present during the last four months  :(

I passed through some personal problems that I don't even like to remember.

I know that my absence caused some inconveniences, and people that really needed help could not find it.

So, that's the reason I'm saying sorry first, because I'll do my best to update and give support to all my plugins!

Well.. let's get started!

This is a post for an UPDATE! A HUGE ONE I would say.

Now, this is the version 2.0 :rock-left:  , and this is the list of features that were removed and inserted:

REMOVED:

• The tag [br] does not work anymore because the feature that allows you to create multiple comments to make one quest still works. So, it makes sense to remove the [br] tag (just press Enter now).
  • Parameter Display Type does not exist anymore because the majority was using just one type of display. Besides, It's really easy to deal with the display, so anyone can change if they need to.

NEW FEATURES:

• INFINITE CATEGORIES: That's right, you can create as many categories as you want now. Primary, Secondary, Failed, Completed, Extra, SubQuests, MainQuests, SideQuests... Well, you can have them all now. Each one of your categories can be customized to fit your way to create quests!
    If you want to know a little more about this new feature, take a look at the documentation and the new parameters called Category IDs, Category Texts and Category Icons IDs. The new version comes with 4 categories already configured, but you can change them to fit your choices as well!
  • NEW LAYOUT: Now, you can put a title in your quest book, and the character limit to write the title of the quest has increased as well!
  • PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS: I decreased a little the number of lines of code and I improved the way a quest checks for its corresponding category. So, if you have a large number of quest, that will be a good thing!

ALL THE OTHER FEATURES WERE REMAINED AS THEY WORK

IMPORTANT: IF YOU ARE ALREADY WORKING ON A PROJECT THAT IS ABOUT 60~99% DONE, I RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT UPDATE TO THIS NEW VERSION DUE TO THE FACT THAT ALL OF YOUR QUEST WILL NEED TO BE ADAPTED TO THIS NEW SETTINGS.

Again, thanks to everyone, especially the ones that helped the community while I was not present!

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@PrimeHover I love this plugin! It's much easier to handle and maintain than some of the other quest books on here. I don't know if you are still updating or taking feature requests but I thought I might leave a request just in case: it would be awesome if you could allow us to add additional categories. Most of the other quest windows do have this feature and I would like to be able to add another category for example Main Quests, SubQuests (secondary), Relationship Quests, Completed, Failed but even more would be cool too!

Just a humble request. Thank you for this awesome plugin!
I think this new update will cheer you up!

First, I will please pardon because English is not good.

If I modified the "PH_Questbook" common event , does this plugin will force that I start a new game?
It depends! If you modify the existent variables and main functions, so yes!

But, if you just add new features, there is no need to start a new game.

I've got a probleme with the plugin. The game only adds/ removes/ updates etc., the first comment in the PHQuestBook Common Event 

to the Quest Book in the game. I've tried a bit and don't find a solution for this problem...

Could someone may help me, that would be really nice
Try to update to this new version and see if it happens.

If you still get the error, send a screenshot and we will figure that out!

starcrescendo

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The new version is awesome, PrimeHover! Love being able to add new categories. Now the system can not only be a questbook but a bestiary and item library as well!

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
The new version is awesome, PrimeHover! Love being able to add new categories. Now the system can not only be a questbook but a bestiary and item library as well!
Oh, that's in fact true!

I did not think about this possibility, but it makes sense!

You can, basically, have a categorized encyclopedia for any purpose!

Thanks!

DGDgamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Prime it is good to see you back. I am trying out the 2.0 version before incorporating it into the game. I think if it works it will make a good multi-item journal. I am having an issue though. When following the steps you list on the front page, or even when I try to alter them, I get a default system with no categories. I have changed the name of primary and secondary, but left failed and completed. While the title of the quest comes up and the quest book opens, the main title shows as "undefined." I need some help with looking at this to see what the glitch is. I have included 4 images as well. Please let me know if you need further info. Once I can understand how to use the new 2.0 version I will create another Demo.

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

Capture 4.PNG

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@DGDgamer It's good to see you too!

Thank you for reporting.. I still did not get the error here. I thought that was because of the spaces in the category ids, but it is not.

Your quests are configured right, so let's try one more screenshot:

1. After running the game, press F8 to open the console;
  2. Type PHPlugins.PHQuests on the console, and press Enter;
  3. The command above is supposed to print an object with all the variables inside the plugin. On the left side of the printed object, there is a triangle like this: ►
  4. Click on this triangle and take a screenshot of the screen. I'll see if the quests are being loaded correctly by the plugin!

Just one additional question. Did you test the plugin on a new game or in a saved one?

Thanks!  :rock-left:

DGDgamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay so I took the screen capture of the console command and this was done in a new game with only your plugin and Yanfly MMM.

Capture 1.PNG

[\spoiler]

konohananiji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for this plugin and the update! It's everything I needed~ x3

But I have a question: is there a limit to how many times I can update a quest, and/or the number of comments that can be used for a quest? I'm currently making a mystery game, and I was hoping to use this plugin to keep track of the clues and updates as the player goes along, but during my play-test it failed to update for the fourth time.

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Thanks for this plugin and the update! It's everything I needed~ x3

But I have a question: is there a limit to how many times I can update a quest, and/or the number of comments that can be used for a quest? I'm currently making a mystery game, and I was hoping to use this plugin to keep track of the clues and updates as the player goes along, but during my play-test it failed to update for the fourth time.
It has no limits, you can update as much as you want!

That's strange that you can't update.. Did you get any error?

Try to press F8 and see if you get any error in the console!

----------------------------------------

Oh, that's for everyone! Me and DGDgamer got the error. That was a typo mistake, but it's all fine now. A new demo will be provided soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

purefury wrote on hiddenone's profile.
Hiddenone you are simply incredible, and an inspiration to the community!
https://s12.directupload.net/images/200715/34vwhkoz.png Finally have a concept I am happy with, now I just have to decide wheather I really want to do it as vector art.
I just keep coming up with weird ideas, and then spend the time trying to make sense out of it.:kaocry:
Hi, Erm... My name is zozobie! I just had a snack.
Face masks are to be compulsory when inside shops in England from the 24th of July. People can be fined £100 if they fail to comply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotominekurumi