PH - Quest Book

konohananiji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It has no limits, you can update as much as you want!

That's strange that you can't update.. Did you get any error?

Try to press F8 and see if you get any error in the console!

Oh, it's good enough to know there's no limit! I'm guessing it might have failed to update because I was using a save file from before I added the new comments (it didn't generate any error too). I'll try restarting the game from the beginning and see how it goes. :)  Thanks for your speedy reply~

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Oh, it's good enough to know there's no limit! I'm guessing it might have failed to update because I was using a save file from before I added the new comments (it didn't generate any error too). I'll try restarting the game from the beginning and see how it goes. :)  Thanks for your speedy reply~
No problem! Just let me know if you need any help!

cl4ptr4p

relaxed af
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this :D

Kurner

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
First of all, thanks for this amazing script !

I have a "stupid" question about the plugin command "Update" how does it work ?

I create a quest ( for Exemple "First Assault" - "Angry people attack the city, I have to call the knight" ) and after interacted with the knight I want the same quest title but with an other description but I don't know how to do it... Should I create a new quest with the same name ?

( Yeah sorry, I'm like a new guy. )

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
First of all, thanks for this amazing script !

I have a "stupid" question about the plugin command "Update" how does it work ?

I create a quest ( for Exemple "First Assault" - "Angry people attack the city, I have to call the knight" ) and after interacted with the knight I want the same quest title but with an other description but I don't know how to do it... Should I create a new quest with the same name ?

( Yeah sorry, I'm like a new guy. )

No problem! You would do something like this:

{First Assault}
Angry people attack the city, I have to call the knight
[break-on-update]
Now, go back and talk with other NPC.
[break-on-update]
Now, go kill some monsters.

Then, the first time the quest appears on the book, just the first part will appear: Angry people attack the city, I have to call the knight

So, when you call the command PHQuestBook update First Assault, the second part will appear in the same quest: Now, go back and talk with other NPC.

Lastly, when you can the same command again, the last part will appear: Now, go kill some monsters.

You can do this as many times as you want, just make sure to write [break-on-update] before every part of the quest  :)

Kurner

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
It's working, thanks you ! :D

Just a question, can we go beyond the limit of comments ? ( 5 lines ) Or are we in the obligation to create an other quest ?

limit.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
It's working, thanks you ! :D

Just a question, can we go beyond the limit of comments ? ( 5 lines ) Or are we in the obligation to create an other quest ?

View attachment 39129
Yes, you can! Just create a following comment and keep writing the quest.

Kurner

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thanks you ! Everything is working :D

( Sorry again for this "newbies" question ... )

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This plug in isn't working for me. Every time I try to add a quest it doesn't add it, and I am putting in the command correctly, and I have the latest version. What am I doing wrong? I am getting extremely frusterated.

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
This plug in isn't working for me. Every time I try to add a quest it doesn't add it, and I am putting in the command correctly, and I have the latest version. What am I doing wrong? I am getting extremely frusterated.
Please, provide the error you are getting!

If you are getting no errors, take some screenshots of the Common Event, and the Event with the command to add the quest.

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Problem1.png

Problem2.png

No mater what the quests are not added in game.

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
View attachment 39405

View attachment 39406

No mater what the quests are not added in game.
The newest version has some modifications in the way you define a quest.

In the Common Event, instead of {(Main)Engine Parts [primary]}, the correct way should be {(Main)Engine Parts|primary}

The plugin command is correct.

(Oh, and the tags [br] are no longer supported. You can just press Enter and start a new line. You can also chain multiple comments to create a big description of the quest).

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I did what you said with the comments, and it's still not adding the quest.

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@Rose Guardian If it did not work, I'll ask some other screenshots!

• The full common event for the quests.
  • The full window of the event you are calling to add the quest.
  • The console of the game (press F8 and take a screenshot while running the game. Then, type it: PHPlugins.PHQuests and press Enter).

If you want to send me a personal message instead, feel free to do it!  :)

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry for the late reply I went some where for a few hours. This is the whole common event list.

Screen2.png

This what the console looked like.

Screen.png

EDIT: Sorry I didn't notice you asked for the event screen too.

This is the event screen.

Screen3.png

EDIT: figured it out. It turns I cannot put (Main) like this in the comments. Not sure why. but it works now. Thank you for your help.

DGDgamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Rose Garden,

EDIT: figured it out. It turns I cannot put (Main) like this in the comments. Not sure why. but it works now. Thank you for your help.

Edited 5 hours ago by Rose Guardian
Figured out the problem

Often brackets or parentheses are used by the engine for code processing and functions, { } [ ] ( ). Most the time in order to use them you would include them inside of Quotations, " ", however this will not work for you either in this situation.

DGDgamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I helped create a video tutorial that can be found on YouTube and passed the demo to PrimeHoover to process when he is ready. For now here is the video:

[\spoiler]

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Rose Garden,

Edited 5 hours ago by Rose Guardian
Figured out the problem

Often brackets or parentheses are used by the engine for code processing and functions, { } [ ] ( ). Most the time in order to use them you would include them inside of Quotations, " ", however this will not work for you either in this situation.
@Rose Guardian That's right. I just realized it as well. I tried to adapt and make a 2.0.1 that allows you to put special characters, but it seems RPG Maker does not let you do this. I'm sorry for answering too late, and I hope you enjoy the plugin!

@DGDgamer Thank you for the video! It's awesome! I'll update the first post with that.

dragon3025

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I noticed that when I add new quest to the common event then load my saved game, it wont add the new quest with the PHQuestBook add <Quest Title> command, but if I start the game from the beginning after I've added the quest to the common event menu, the quest does get added with the command. Is there any way I can add more quest without having to restart the entire game?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Have you appreciated a Hedgehog today?

Storybook Hero demo has been well received so far. Yay! We are developing it steadily albeit slowly <_<. We will get there one day o_O.
TFW: You get a text from someone and a long conversation--but you have no idea who this person is and don't wanna be that guy that asks "Who is this by the way?" I have no clue who this person is... but they seem to know me quite well. :rswt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arcannis