PH - Quest Book

Mr. Minister

You can call me Mister ;)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Quests that have been changed to completed have a missing icon. It appears that it's doing the same thing in the video tutorial. Is there a way to fix this?

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Hello all,

I'm want to know if I'm the only one that see really a big drop of framerate when I got into the menu for the quest available in progress?

I'm using the lastest 1.31 RPG Maker MV with the 1.31 PH Quest Book PLugins.

I had no drop of frame rate before with the old RPg Maker MV.

Do I need to add a little something in my plugin to make it run smoother ? Thanks again for your time and help :D  

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
BUMP! @PrimeHover are you still in the near passage of RPG Maker forum? ;)

I think I found where the FPS really drop. The longer the description I add in a quest note, the more the fps seem to drop.

IS there something you can tweak @PrimeHover to make sure the fps dont drop even if we put long commentary in the note of the quest? 

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

HellZDarkArkon

Hell "Z"
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, Incompatibility Warning.

@PrimeHover You should probably try and work on this, as I REALLY don't want to try and find another camera scroller plugin.

SoulPour777 has a plugin named Camera Scroll EX.  I really like it, it's simple and easy to use...

It, for some odd reason, causes PH_Questbook to not take the comments from the Common Events, and turn them into quests.  If you could coordinate (or not, idc) and get rid of the incompatibility, i would be very thankful.  if not...well, then this message is just to warn people not to use those two plugins together...I hope this is helpful in some way. =)

konohananiji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
BUMP! @PrimeHover are you still in the near passage of RPG Maker forum? ;)

I think I found where the FPS really drop. The longer the description I add in a quest note, the more the fps seem to drop.

IS there something you can tweak @PrimeHover to make sure the fps dont drop even if we put long commentary in the note of the quest? 

Thanks!

Yeah... I'm actually having this same problem too.

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Any update on this one? Any good javascripter from this forum could check the code/script and see why we have a big drop of framerate when a lot of text is inside a quest?

Any idea?

thanks everyone :)

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm sorry to ask for help again but again it's not adding the quests no matter what I do. Here are my quests, and commands. What did I do wrong this time? Also I need a quick response because this game I have it in for an event on RMN.

NotWorkingAnymore.pngWhathappend.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ленин

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Seems that you're still not done with the auto reward, what can you suggest to replace that for the moment? I mean it's not economic to put a parallel event to check and give reward for a single quest in every map right?

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Anyone have an idea where our friend @PrimeHover might be?

Is there any one good enough in JS to look into his script to see and continue his great work? :D

silvestro673

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I, like many others here, am experiencing the same problem. The quest log seems to be be loaded at the start of a new game only. So, any text spelling errors or newly added updates/quests aren't available unless you start a new game. This basically makes play-testing from saved games pointless if events activate by (but not limited to) checking for completed quests.

This creates a roadblock unless a workaround is found.

@DGDgamer or everyone else..How have you dealt with this? Every time you play-tested in your demo videos, they were from new games, not saved games after making quest log changes. Pre-planning all quests is not going to work for my game.

fusegu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Why can't the plug in pull from a text document instead of a Common Event?  Would'nt that fix the problems with the saving/new game issues?

JLE

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having an issue where when i'm opening my main menu in-game, i'm getting SyntaxError Unexpected identifier..any help?

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For a heads up anyone, this plugin still seems to work, at least the 2.0 version.

Simple usage guide:

Create the Comment Event: "PHQuestBook" (no quote marks). Quests are in Comments of this common event as follows:

{1|2|3}
Description
{1|2|3}
Description

1 = Quest name, 2 = Primary or secondary (pick one), 3 = Icon ID for quest

So on for however many quests you want.

Events must use "Plugin Command" which are like this example:

In PHQuestBook Common event is the following comment:

{MainQuest|primary|16}
I need to go to the city to continue my main quest.

Events then use this Plugin Command to add it to your book or change it:

PHQuestBook add MainQuest
PHQuestBook complete MainQuest
PHQuestBook remove MainQuest

Good luck.

Maverick Ender

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello to anyone that can help.

I am trying this plugin for the first time. I followed the tutorial on the blog (link provided below) to the letter and No matter what I still get errors when I open the quest book. The quest book shows up in the menu just fine but it crashes when I open it up.I have included the error code.

I also noticed another problem. When I open the plugin from the game the code is all crazy. I have posted that as well. I downloaded the JS file directly from github. A picture is also shown. What am I doing wrong?

http://primehover.gufernandes.com.br/ph-quest-book

EDIT: GIT hub was giving me a corrupted file. it works now.

Attachments

Last edited:

shindow

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I just downloaded this plug in and I'm getting extreme frame drops (like others have mentioned). Was there ever a fix for this?

Tezcagamma

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
I'm working on a game and I tried to use this plugin but I have an error when I try to open the quest book (from menu or common event, both don't work).

Here is a capture:

I'm using a lot of plugins (and not just yanfly) so it may be a plugin conflict?
I think that because I tried to use this plugin with another project with just 3 or 4 plugins and it worked in that case
It can also be my mistake, even if I think that I followed the instructions at the letter.

I don't really know what to do, I'm a js beginner...

Thanks in advance for those who'll answer :)

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It works for a multilanguage game?
I have Switches for languages.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoetSmith