Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

PH - Sprite Reflection

Introduction

• This plugin allows you to reflect any character on the water.

License

• Free for commercial and non-commercial use as long as you give the credits of this plugin.

Configuration

• Download the JS file and include it into the /plugins folder of your project.
  • Open the Plugin Manager, select the file PH_SpriteReflection.js, and turn it on.
  • You may create some rules in the tilesets using the Terrain Tag to specify the properties of the reflection for each water tileset.
  • You are allowed to create some rules for bridges as well.

Full Documentation (Examples, Rules for Tilesets, Configuration, Plugin Commands...)

Screenshots

Spoiler

Different types of reflection:
Capturar.PNG

Reflection of the Player and its followers
Capturar2.PNG

Configuration of Tilesets (Water)
Capturar3.PNG

Configuration of Tilesets (Bridge)
Capturar4.PNG

Script

Changelog

• 11/25/2015: Version 1.1 (Added option for the Player to turn on/off the reflections via Options Menu; Added parameter for choosing whether or not the reflections in small water tiles will appear).
  • 11/24/2015: Version 1.0

Credits

• PrimeHover

Last edited by a moderator:

izyees

My Secret Santa
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Is this also work with event?

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Very nice plugin, I love little bits of eye candy, they seem to always make a game so much better.

Now we just need one that shows shadows.

Luth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Cool ! Any plan to make mirror's reflection ?

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@izyees

Yes, it works! There is also some Plugin Commands to manage the reflection in each Event, if you wish.

@Aidensmercy

Yep, this is in my to-do list. Probably the next version may have something with shadows.

@Luth

Great idea. I think it can work. Do you have some examples/ideas of how the reflections in the mirror could work? 

lukiono

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swiss-German
nice work

is there any performance impact?

and could you do add a simple command to the options menu to switch reflections on/off, so the player can shut it off when perfomance is low as example?

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
nice work

is there any performance impact?

and could you do add a simple command to the options menu to switch reflections on/off, so the player can shut it off when perfomance is low as example?
Great idea too! I'll add this in the next version!So far, there is not so much performance impact. I testes on the web version and locally, I cannot make sure about handheld devices, but I don't think they will have such a huge impact as well.

Luth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Great idea. I think it can work. Do you have some examples/ideas of how the reflections in the mirror could work? 
Well a simple reflection of every event passing by, i guess.

The thing is that you got to make the reflection on the glass and not on the edge ; would be harder than making a reflection in an autotile since it wouldn't be a 48*48 tile ! 

Maybe the mirror tile should have a particular color where the reflection would be :

(credit to enterbrain ; you got to have RPG Maker XP's licence to use it)

The red color (#ff0000 in this case) wouldn't be shown in game, as the mirror would reflect the sprites and maybe the floor..?

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Update Notes (Version 1.1):

• Now, you have a new parameter called Small Water Tile. It has two options (0: No, 1: Yes). I'll explain what is the difference below.What happens is that some water tiles are bigger than others. In the older version, the plugin detected if the tile below the character is a water tile, even if it was a small one. For example, if you had a line of 1 water tile, the result would be something like this:
    Capturar.PNG

Weird, right? However, in bigger water tiles, the result would be that:
    Capturar2.PNG

Now, this parameter  Small Water Tile let you choose if you are going to use reflections when the height of a tile is small.
    If you choose 1 (Yes), the plugin will let the reflections stay as they are (like in those previous images).
    If you choose 0 (No), the plugin will not let the reflections appear when the height of a tile is small, resulting in something like this:
    Capturar3.PNG

But if you have enough space, the reflections will appear normally.
    Capturar4.PNG
[*]Also, you can add an option in your Options Menu that allows the Player to choose whether or not he/she wants the reflections appear in the whole game (for those worried about performance issues, this is an option to consider)
Capturar5.PNG

Thanks for everything guys! :D

You guys rock!

@edit

@Luth

Got you! Would you prefer to define the mirror in the tile or in a specific event?

Like, you create an event and use commands to say: "OK, this is a mirror, reflect here!"
Or would you prefer to create a rule for this in the tileset, like: MirrorN={distance:scale:opacity:blend}

Particularly, I think both ways can work. I'll try to make some tests here and see which way costs less!  :D

Luth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Ah, that's funny because the small water tile got the same problem than what I was talking about earlier :D

Well do what seems easier to you. It's nice from you to mind listening to my "request" ! though I don't know script nor java so I'm afraid I can't help you :/

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Ah, that's funny because the small water tile got the same problem than what I was talking about earlier :D

Well do what seems easier to you. It's nice from you to mind listening to my "request" ! though I don't know script nor java so I'm afraid I can't help you :/
Yep, I just "fixed" that, if that is the right word. LOL
I like when requests like that happens! Some of the requests may not fit very well, but yours is really good though!

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fantastic. It's hard to believe we're only a month into the life cycle of MV and we already have so many cool plug-ins at our disposal.

Cirby64

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Found a glitch that is quite a nuisance. 

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Or would you prefer to create a rule for this in the tileset, like: MirrorN={distance:scale:opacity:blend}
I think this would work great because I would also like to be able to use it to create a reflective or shiny floor. Would be great in mansions and the like. I personally plan to use it for my spaceship interior. I like the idea of being able to choose which tiles to show a reflection on rather than have it evented unless the event was to disable the reflections.

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
was waiting for this for a long while thank you !

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@Cirby64

Agreed, but that's the reason why You are allowed to scale the reflection size. Some water tiles are bigger than others. So, you would use the parameters to make the reflection a little smaller.

@Soryn

Yes, definitely this is one of the future improvements. For while, you can put a floor tile instead of a water tile in the place A1 animation, and use it as a passable tile.

@Nightshade

I'm glad you liked it!

Answering the question you've posted on the other topic, you can reflect trees and sort as long as they are placed on the map as an event, instead of a simple tile. :D

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cirby64

Agreed, but that's the reason why You are allowed to scale the reflection size. Some water tiles are bigger than others. So, you would use the parameters to make the reflection a little smaller.

@Soryn

Yes, definitely this is one of the future improvements. For while, you can put a floor tile instead of a water tile in the place A1 animation, and use it as a passable tile.

@Nightshade

I'm glad you liked it!

Answering the question you've posted on the other topic, you can reflect trees and sort as long as they are placed on the map as an event, instead of a simple tile. :D
that is awesome! : O thank you so much : D

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
umm for some reason nothing is working Oo not even the options are showing up

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
umm for some reason nothing is working Oo not even the options are showing up
Try to download the JS file again and replace the current one.

Maybe something happened during the download

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In the strangest turn of events, my animations now live in the characters folder, and my character images now live in the pictures folder. It's a complicated world, but weirdly a more resource efficient one. :LZSexcite:
Did you know that we use robotic spy animals to learn about how different species behave in the wild? We're only a step away from robotic spy humans, and then Terminator. :p
Not being able to do a commission/request after all and having to give back the money is so heartbreaking.

Sometimes I'm just way too eager to help people out and suddenly find myself in a very deep hole because I'm not gonna be able to finish it. I really hope I don't come across as unprofessional to these people and in general. =n="
Learning Action Sequences!
ANY FEEDBACK APPRECIATED!

Online Platformer TEST DEMO 0.1 - 4 simple Maps. Just jumping test. (I still have 2 minor problems to fix).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willitrue