PH - Sprite Reflection

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by PrimeHover, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Nightshade

Nightshade Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ah ohes!

TypeError

cannot read property 'noReflection' of undefined

2. PrimeHover

PrimeHover Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Press F8 and take a screenshot of your console, then I can see where the error is!

RastaMan likes this.
  3. Nightshade

Nightshade Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    new game fixed it! : D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
    PrimeHover likes this.
  4. Meguido

Meguido BP&RGSS3 Lover Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Thank you for this plugin PrimeHover!

I can't get it to work, dunno why. Is by default activated or do i have to use the command to activate it on everything?

Could this get affected by a plugin that made possible to use more frames per character sprite? (maybe this is why i can't get it to work)

Edit: Tried with that plugin turned OFF and can't get it to work. I must be missing something.

In the map i'm testing it with, i have an auto event that says: "Plugin Command: PHSpriteReflection global on" and then "erase event"

In the database i went to tilesets tab and in the tileset i'm using. Set the water tiles to Terrain Tag 1 and wrote this in the Notes:

<PH>

Water1={30:100:127:1}

</PH>

Anything else i have to do?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
  5. PrimeHover

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Meguido

Let's take a look..

1. The plugin has a parameter called Add to Window_Options. See if this parameter is set to 0.

2. If this parameter is set to 1, run the game again, and go to the Options Screen. There you can see if the reflections are ON or OFF.

Any questions, let me know and we will try to solve this!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
    ilic78 likes this.
  6. Meguido

First Language:
    Spanish
    @PrimeHover

Thank you very much. So i don't know if i was supossed to do this but:

Add to Window_Options - was set to 0. I set it to 1, changed from options menu the Reflections to ON and it's now working properly even if i revert back Add to Window_Options to 0.

Anyway it's working now ^^

Btw got a question. I'm using Quasi Movement in the same project and looks like only events that are aligned to the grid are showing reflections, but as soon as one event move (pixel movement) the reflection disappears. The same happens for the player where i can only see the reflection intermittently while i'm moving and i suposse that's when his position its aligned to the grid. You feel like there's any fix for this? an easy one?

I could try myself but don't know where to start looking for something so specific like that.

Thank you in advance.

ilic78 and PrimeHover like this.
  7. PrimeHover

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Meguido

I'm happy I could help you.

About the pixel movement, I think it would be a little bit difficult in this part, because I'm just duplicating the layer for the event/character and transforming it into a reflection.

Some months ago I saw the same plugin for RMVX Ace, and I got very surprised with the way the guy programmed, but I can't understand because I don't have the RMVX Ace, so I cannot look through the methods and see what the script is actually doing.

Currently, I'm working on a mirror reflection and shadow reflection for the plugin, but I can write your request down, so if I find a better way to do the reflections and keep it more realistic, I'll certainly do!

Thank you for sharing this!  :D

ilic78 likes this.
  8. Ashouse

Ashouse Resident Zombie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hmm. I havent experimented with this yet, but is there a way to make the reflection ONLY dependant on terrain tags? (And not autotiles) In my case, there are no tiles in any of my maps, 100% parallax. Lol would it work to just set reflection to a terrain tag? If no, can it be made to work that way as an option?

9. PrimeHover

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Ashouse

Unfortunately, it's not possible for while (just if you replace the A1 tiles for completely transparent images).

But I'll get your request because it is very similar to the one of the reflection in the mirrors, so I can apply this together at the next update.

I have finals this whole week, but as soon as it ends, I can get this done.

Thanks

10. Ashouse

Ashouse Resident Zombie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nooooo, thank you! :) Yep get those finals aced first! Thanks for your work here.

11. Siul

Siul Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Just to give a tip for the reflection plugin users: With Galv's character effects and parallaxing you could make any shape of river/lake/whatever since the image overlayed the reflection. I haven't tested this plugin yet but, in case that the Z lvl would be similar than Galv's, you should be able to make anything reflecting properly since you just have to make a "water tile" (reflectible) below a "ground" in parallax, then you avoid the kind of glitches you are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  12. lonewolph

lonewolph Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    How do I "activate" the plugin in game? doesnt work so far for me

13. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    BUMP

14. Meguido

First Language:
    Spanish
    Add to Window_Options - was set to 0. I set it to 1, changed from options menu the Reflections to ON and it's now working properly even if i revert back Add to Window_Options to 0.

^ This worked for me

15. TombaLaBomba

TombaLaBomba Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Hi PrimeHover

Your plugin is a nice addition to pimp the graphics! Could you make it compatible to the Quasi Movement plugin?

PrimeHover likes this.
  16. RedAkerston

RedAkerston Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

I'll also raise my hand to this.

It's a wonderful plugin, but when forced to choose between per-pixel movement and reflections... i have to go with per pixel...

Frankly, just about EVERYTHING wins out in a one on one battle with per pixel as far as plugin priority.

...unless you're making a chessboard game by default... then it might be cool to go square movement.

I can imagine how it might be very complicated to modify the script for this, but if you or someone ever can ...

i mean, ... the visual upgrade that reflections give is a big one.

PrimeHover likes this.
  17. PrimeHover

First Language:
    Portuguese
    That's kind of tricky, cause I'm calculating the positions with the square size.

I downloaded the Quasi Movement plugin and I'll see what I can do to modify it and make it compatible!

Also, I need to fix some glitches in the edges that probably would cause an unrealistic movement.

SpookySoul and RedAkerston like this.
  18. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    For some reason I can't get a download without the script being corrupted.

19. PrimeHover

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Go to the GitHub page and try to download the master using the green button at the right. It will give you a zip file with the plugin inside!

20. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Got the reflection working but I'd like to try having it work on other tiles such as the black foggy transparent tile- what I am after is making puddles over multiple terrain types to the reflection :)

Edit:

Can't seem to get reflections to work with the bridges i.e tileset B-E etc. Not sure why it is not doing it when I have it configured to

<PH>

Bridge1={13:80:70:0}

</PH>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016