Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im having a problem where all water tiles are reflecting indiscriminately 

if the windows options is at 0 nothing works at all, while if I go to the options and turn it on every water tile will always reflect.

The terrain tags and plugin commands dont seem to work at all.

This can be a problem because reflections will show up on things like waterfalls and lillipads.

Also tiles like muddy water that shouldnt have a reflection will have them

C-Unit Studios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was actually able to work around this by giving a setting for each individual terrain tag I used for the water tiles and turning the opacity to 

0 for the ones I didnt want to reflect

Joe Musashi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great work mate!

Would it be possible to add it so you can select which part of a tile will reflect, ie so you dont get reflections on grass and rock(surly there is a better method than scaling the image)

Maybe by editing the png and making area you want to reflect by changing the opacity?

Joe Musashi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For example

Here is an A1 edit saved in psd format.

The areas that a user wants the sprites to reflect are made set to 65% opacity.

This is how I did sprite reflection in a VX Ace game, this method gives you alot of control :)

View attachment Outside_A1.psd

Joe Musashi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you implement this into your plugin?

Would you like to look at the script for VX Ace?

PrimeHover

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

jameswestbrook351

DecayingDev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you please upload a working demo project of this? I'm trying to follow the instructions and I cannot figure it out. 

edit: I figured it out but it would still benefit other people if you uploaded a demo project that showcased how it works. 

Last edited by a moderator:

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to add another option for mirrors? So we can reflect on tiles to the north of us instead of just south? :D

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Can you please upload a working demo project of this? I'm trying to follow the instructions and I cannot figure it out. 

edit: I figured it out but it would still benefit other people if you uploaded a demo project that showcased how it works. 

Did you also have to change options?

Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just leaving message to remind myself to download. Looks dope!

You Clod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really love this plugin but when I use it there´s this strange thing. When I turn your plugine off again it all works perfectly fine. Basically it is a reflection of somme events like waterfalls which are above the water as you can see in the screenshot. How can I fix this?

Attachments

billyjb26

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really love this plugin but when I use it there´s this strange thing. When I turn your plugine off again it all works perfectly fine. Basically it is a reflection of somme events like waterfalls which are above the water as you can see in the screenshot. How can I fix this?
Hi, I would also like to say I love this plugin, but I'm having the same issue with waterfalls being incorrectly reflected.
reflections-glitch.png

Leaufai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love the plugin. Would it be possible to add a wavy effect, perhaps through one of the pixi filters? That would complete the illusion of it being the reflection in water.

TheCosmicSlug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
would it be possible to specify which direction the reflection should face? for ponds in-front or to the side of the actor for example?

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well it seems that this plugin wont have any updates, since the owner has not been seen since 2016...

But anyway: I found one problem. If you change one water tile to be ground or something(to have it animated), reflection will show over it, and i couldn't find a way around it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here managed to never burn out on programming? My current limit is 3 months(6-8 hours per day, 7 days per week, 50 hour programming week on average), and then I just have to take a break, sometimes lasting few days(with at most 2 hours on programming per day). I've been always like this so far, so I admire those who can always be so passionate on programming :)
This is starting to become a momochi collection y'all!
Meet Swefo The candy Eater!

Hide your candy... I or I sweefe sweefefooo~~~
Automatic level scaling without an option to turn it off can be a very bad choice for a game. The worst I've ever seen was in Nightmare of Druaga, where if a power outage made your system turn off, the game detects it as an attempted cheat and overwrites your save while taking away your best gear, leaving you unable to progress at the late stages of the game, and unable to recover.
Problem with sequels: Heroes getting rid of all their items and forgets all of their skills within the span of a year without explanation. :kaomad3:
I can see the end of my prologue. Perfect time to decide to pull everything over into MZ, right? Right?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Awro89