RM2k/3 Phantom.Negative

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Seacliff, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Phantom.Negative is a retro styled game inspired by older NES RPGs such as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest/Warrior. The game takes many visual and system design choices based on these older games (except random encounters, screw those) and tries to emulate them while running on the very limited, yet nostalgic, RPG Maker 2000. The game was created in a little less than 3 weeks.

The settlement of Seacliff is a realm ruled by the Branchaline Empire. Kairos, lord of Seacliff and son of the emperor of Branchaline, is sicken by his father’s tyranny and wants to make Seacliff an independent nation. The emperor finds out about Kairos’s plans to break away from the empire and demands that he continues to rule Seacliff under the empire’s name or he will turn the entire nation into ashes.

Kairos may have some of the world’s strongest warriors under him, but they are no match to the empire’s numbers. However, Kairos is aware of a legend passed down by the land’s natives about an incredible power underneath the ancient ruins. Kairos off on an adventure to find this power, hoping it will at least deflect the power of the empire.

Kairos: Lord of Seacliff and son of the emperor of Branchaline. He cares for his subjects but will do anything to get his way.

Evelyn: Kairos’s strongest warrior. She lives by the sword and is willing to die if it made to world a better place.

Gawyne: A priest who collects information under Kairos’s orders. He’s extremely casual, even to his lord, and loves to get drunk.

Seacliff: Kairos’s daughter. Kairos named the land he discovered after her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download HERE

The game, for the most part, should be bugless. However, if someone does encounter a bug, spelling error, or any other issues, feel free to let me know and I'll update the game with all the reported problems at once.

Please enjoy! :elwink:

Update. Version 1.1:
    -Fixed some bugs, spelling, and gammer errors. Thank you, Shayoko, for listing them out for me.
    -New icons for battles and menus.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Andronius likes this.
  2. Jef299

Jef299 Fifteen Mush-ups! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This RPG caught me off Guard!

Very fun little adventure. Likeable characters.
    I don't like pig men though - because they obliterated me!

All in all, fun little game.

A+ for retro graphics/music

Seacliff likes this.
  3. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    @Jef299 Hey, thanks for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed it.
    I'll be sure to rebalance the pig men in a future update.

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Nice to see this come to completion. Congratulations.

Seacliff likes this.
  5. shayoko

shayoko Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thoughts
    i didn't really care for this experience since it was mainly battle focused. it might be more enjoyable for those newer to RPGs that aren't looking for a interesting story or characters.

Lets have a moment of silence for the poor girl named seacliff... may she have a bright future even with such a embarrassing name.
    also weird how she apparently has the same name as this island if i understand correctly

i liked how the skill learning was handled

ether seems to restore less MP when used in battle compared to out of battle

the motus fight was stupid...there was nor reason we should of fought her. whats worse is it's a illusion that can hurt us...
    she has the audacity to request a favor after wasting our time with a battle...
    at least we didn't have to go through more fighting to achieve her favor.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Seacliff likes this.
  6. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    That's fine. I'm not particularly offended if this wasn't your cup of tea since this was just a side-project.

I'll make a quick response to your other response.

7. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Update. Version 1.1:
    -Fixed some bugs, spelling, and gammer errors. Thank you, Shayoko, for listing them out for me.
    -New icons for battles and menus.

Since 2k's RTP is small. There will also be one download that comes with the RTP.