Bolonskiy

Meat balls
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I have an idea for my game where if the main character (and only them, though there are more party members) loses to any given enemy, it gives them a phobia of said enemy. The main character will then be slightly weaker agaisn't that enemy type indefinitely, until that phobia gets overwritten by losing to another enemy type.
Ex:
MC gets defeated by bat. Chiroptophobia gained. You are now weaker agaisn't bats.
MC gets defeated by orc. Orcphobia gained. You are now weaker agaisn't orcs.

The idea was inspired by ZHP: Unlosing Ranger, where you get a phobia of whatever enemy just killed you.

The first issue is differentiating between which of the enemies the MC got killed by first, or so I believe. How could I do that? And then, should I make it a status effect or something like that, and make the rest of the party members be able to resist that status?

PS: I am utilizing the common battle system, though modified using the SRPG engine RyanBrem has made... or translated? I'm not sure; but that plugin utilizes the common battle system instead of making some convoluted new thing. So maybe it still works with advice for the normal system?

oooNUKEooo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
br portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i dont know much about the mods youre talking about.

any way to apply states and make checks to see if a state was applied upon death? like: each enemy have one attack state which is applied when attacking and they remove other enemies attack states (so only one will be present at a time). then if knockout state enters, it checks to see which enemy attack state is present and applies the enemy phobia state.

i dont know... cant say much because i dont know the plugins youre using.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Messing around with fragment shaders (filters). This thing is HUGE and I'm surprised almost no one makes good use of. Even the number of plugins that do this stuff are limited.
ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!
DrBuni wrote on Akiritas's profile.
That is a cute Link picture, reminds me of the Samurai Jack artstyle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lennonmchugh01