Photoshop, how to prevent layers from linking when dragging tiles

Kou123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I am at the process where I drag tiles and place it on the map but whenever I drag the second tile, it links with the first tile.
I tried locking it but it turns out it won't move. Right now, my alt solution is using ctrl + drag but it's not perfect and it can only
be used for the first try.
I think overall I messed up the layers when I had to replace the main layer(map) with a new map.

Attachments

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't use Photoshop, and I'm not sure what you mean by "linking" - is it snapping to a grid or something?

KenSoulslayer

Graphic Designer/JS Dev
Reaction score
First Language
Hindi
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I use photoshop but I can't understand the problem.

Can you maybe do a small screen recording of your problem?

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium- Probably the laziest dev here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use photoshop but I don't fully understand what you mean. But it looks like you have a group selected... When you move a group, everything inside that group moves. You have to move the layer separately if you want only that one to move.
A gif would help us understand what's going on if you can provide one.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like Hyouryuu-Na said, selecting a group instead of the layer in the group will
move everything inside that group.

another way (something it will work but not always) is select the object, than move
the selected object (this mostly works best when everying is on 1 layer) and also give
an error when a group is selected (I can omit this because of a special feature I made).

but always select your layer before making any actions, you can also right click the
eye symbol to make it a different color if you want it more visible for layers for a different
spot so you can select those later faster without searching.

Like, tree('s) left, blue eye, tree's bottom, yellow eye etc (you can also group them
first and than every 4 tree's a different color to find them faster.

but layers are the most important, so double check before moving a object,
or toggle the eye ON/OFF to see which object it is you selected or want to select.

Kou123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My bad, you guys are right about the layer in the group. I was stuck because whenever I select the layer and drag, it automatically shifted back to the entire group. The only way it worked was to first "select the layer" as ShadowDragon mentioned, and ctrl + drag. That explains everything. Thanks a lot!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Photoshop isn't a product by ours, so this doesn't belong in Product Discussion.

I've moved this thread to Useful Development Tools. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After hearing Wataten's opening several times and knowing what this anime is about, I don't think I like moe anymore.
So I am working on a big DLC package for my game.... and it will add a new intro and extend the ending of the base game, while of course adding additional content to the game... Yeah, that should work! lol
I'm stuck, I'm making some of Mr. N's Dialogue but I can't finish his full Dialogue...heres what I got now [this is the part I'm stuck on] "You treat me like a
bug, I'M SICK OF IT, you had me make these...abominations...well, now..." and at the "Well, now...' part I'm stuck at, anyone got Ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS